ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers

You guys really won't be happy when you look at the NET Team Sheets the committee uses for seeding.

SHU Overall SOS 27
OOC SOS 81

Rutgers Overall SOS 9
OOC SOS 40

I mean, I am very happy looking at the team sheets right now (as you should be) but how are they calculating that?
We had 7 OOC games against top 75 Net opponents. RU had 2. Our average opponent was also much lower than RU.

I mean, I am very happy looking at the team sheets right now (as you should be) but how are they calculating that?
We had 7 OOC games against top 75 Net opponents. RU had 2. Our average opponent was also much lower than RU.
Idk. It doesn't make sense to me either

Exactly! Our OOC schedule was significantly more difficult than theirs but he’s not wrong that the team sheets show they have a better SOS. I don’t get how they are calculating it.

Exactly! Our OOC schedule was significantly more difficult than theirs but he’s not wrong that the team sheets show they have a better SOS. I don’t get how they are calculating it.

It’s the power conference bonus. You’re in a great conference so you get extra gravy for just hitchhiking on route 18.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Wouldn’t sleep on RU just yet. They handled Minnesota and Indiana who is up early on Michigan State (albeit at home).

You guys really won't be happy when you look at the NET Team Sheets the committee uses for seeding.

SHU Overall SOS 27
OOC SOS 81

Rutgers Overall SOS 9
OOC SOS 40

I get the B10 conference advantage, but there's no way the ru OOC SOS is better than what SHU played. That team sheet is worthless. I wouldn't take it as a foregone conclusion that ru is going to get in -- have to win more than one road game (also have Michigan at MSG and MSU at the RAC). Team sheets or not: if the season ended today, there would be no justification for ru to have a better seed than SHU, not even close.

I get the B10 conference advantage, but there's no way the ru OOC SOS is better than what SHU played. That team sheet is worthless. I wouldn't take it as a foregone conclusion that ru is going to get in -- have to win more than one road game (also have Michigan at MSG and MSU at the RAC). Team sheets or not: if the season ended today, there would be no justification for ru to have a better seed than SHU, not even close.
We don’t play MSU at the RAC.

Reactions: Local Shill
Wouldn’t sleep on RU just yet. They handled Minnesota and Indiana who is up early on Michigan State (albeit at home).

I’ve watched them a handful of times, they are legit. They need to get a couple wins on the road at some point though...

that said. Their OOC schedule isn’t close to ours. I don’t get that metric.

Reactions: SHUMA04
I’ve watched them a handful of times, they are legit. They need to get a couple wins on the road at some point though...

that said. Their OOC schedule isn’t close to ours. I don’t get that metric.
I don’t understand it either. I can’t even find it online. Indiana will hold off MSU for the W

Michigan St loss good for Hall. Need elite teams to lose.

It's not. But, the overall SOS for both are very similar. I get the B1G advantage also, but I also think Wagner, Florida AM and PVAM are very similar to the cupcakes RU played. I also would like to know how they calculate SOS. The non DI Caldwell games does not count in all metrics. Not even close on seeding is right and I want to see if things stay the same rest of the way if the committee at the end of the day has RU way off the bubble.
SHU OOC SOS 48
RU OOC SOS 57
SHU SOS 17
RU SOS 16

They are 3-4 Q1 we are 6-4 Q1

Here is a link I follow for overall SOS and team sheets.

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2020/sos

It's not. But, the overall SOS for both are very similar. I get the B1G advantage also, but I also think Wagner, Florida AM and PVAM are very similar to the cupcakes RU played. I also would like to know how they calculate SOS. The non DI Caldwell games does not count in all metrics. Not even close on seeding is right and I want to see if things stay the same rest of the way if the committee at the end of the day has RU way off the bubble.
SHU OOC SOS 48
RU OOC SOS 57
SHU SOS 17
RU SOS 16

They are 3-4 Q1 we are 6-4 Q1

Here is a link I follow for overall SOS and team sheets.

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2020/sos
How is their OOC SOS 57? They only played 2 teams in the top 100 (PITT 76 and Hall 11). 5 of their opponents are 200+ and Caldwell isn’t even D1...

I call Bull Sh!t...

RUTravesty said:

SHU Overall SOS 27
OOC SOS 81

Rutgers Overall SOS 9
OOC SOS 40

He does have a point. But, we are 5-2 on the road RU is 1-4. Average net W&Ls 114-29 for us and 139-52 for RU. We are 8-4 OOC they are 8-2 and played really nobody and losses to Pitt and St Bonnie have to hurt.

All things remaining equal it is going to be interesting come Selection Sunday.

How is their OOC SOS 57? They only played 2 teams in the top 100 (PITT 76 and Hall 11). 5 of their opponents are 200+ and Caldwell isn’t even D1...

I call Bull Sh!t...

I don't disagree and I would like to know, too. And as far as the B1G advantage Jay Bilas was even saying how tough the conference is because nobody can win a road game there. So I guess they reward failure. What's next participation trophies? I think Maryland won at NW the other night though. And Nebraska as the only road win for RU is not going to cut it come March.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Seems to fluctuate quite a bit. Looking at Warren Nolan, which previously matched the NCAA teamsheets (for which I see no update) it's now SHU 17/50 OOC and RU 16/58 OOC.

They also have a predicted final SOS which is SHU 4 and RU 45.

The NET SOS formula appears to very heavily weigh a straight opponents win % without adjusting much (if at all) for their SOS, which is why it varies so greatly from something like Kenpom and fluctuates so much.

Seems to fluctuate quite a bit. Looking at Warren Nolan, which previously matched the NCAA teamsheets (for which I see no update) it's now SHU 17/50 OOC and RU 16/58 OOC.

They also have a predicted final SOS which is SHU 4 and RU 45.

The NET SOS formula appears to very heavily weigh a straight opponents win % without adjusting much (if at all) for their SOS, which is why it varies so greatly from something like Kenpom and fluctuates so much.

as opposed to a gay opponent I suppose.....lol

giphy.gif

A 3 point win at home, against a team that had lost 2x as many games as it has won, really doesn't scream worthy tourney team. Oh if we just had Myles that Sat.
That is the end of my ru post.....for now

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
A 3 point win at home, against a team that had lost 2x as many games as it has won, really doesn't scream worthy tourney team. Oh if we just had Myles that Sat.
That is the end of my ru post.....for now
Poke, you’re obsessed.

Last I checked, for us as well, doesn’t matter as long as you keep winning. Duke lost at home to SFA but that’s not gonna keep them off the 1 line come March if they win impressively through the ACC. Us playing terrible first halves against Stony Brook and Prairie view aren’t event discussed.

But by all means, keep the RU post alive saying that’s the end of your RU post.

Poke, you’re obsessed.

Last I checked, for us as well, doesn’t matter as long as you keep winning. Duke lost at home to SFA but that’s not gonna keep them off the 1 line come March if they win impressively through the ACC. Us playing terrible first halves against Stony Brook and Prairie view aren’t event discussed.

But by all means, keep the RU post alive saying that’s the end of your RU post.

Lol

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT