ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers

Man, who hurt you? Such pent up hostility. You're like a jilted lover stirring up the pot to get any kind of attention. Can't you just be happy with the little taste of success?

I think Kyk from the RU board has a new handle after being banned here. He’s been called a psychopath by his own board members

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
When Seton Hall is considered in the same galaxy as Rutgers, academically speaking (and show me even one ranking where Seton Hall is close to Rutgers, let alone beating them) I will take your post seriously.

It's like a student at a community college making fun of the academics of a Big Ten school.

First off, it's nothing like your comparison, and SHU in the last 25 years has gone from being ranked in regional Universities to national. Second, and even more foolishly on your part, you neglect to consider the law school rankings of each respective University.

First off, it's nothing like your comparison, and SHU in the last 25 years has gone from being ranked in regional Universities to national. Second, and even more foolishly on your part, you neglect to consider the law school rankings of each respective University.
Neither school has impressive law school rankings. SHU is 59 and RU is 77.

No road wins to speak of (Nebby doesn’t count) has been their resume shortfall. Seems they played hard and had a chance in Iowa.

Nice L Rutgers. Cant win outside the RAC
I know most posters on here don't want to admit it, but Rutgers is legit this year. I watched a good portion of the Iowa game last night (during commercials then after The Hall game ended) and it was very winnable. Iowa is a tough out at home but RU hung with them and had chances to win late. Young missing that late drive was the dagger that officially ended it.

I'm more focused on The Hall being top 10 (and rising), but don't have a problem with RU being legit (this year anyway). Of course I could do with some of their fans coming out of the woodwork disparaging The Hall who is on track for their 5th NCAA in a row when RU looks like a lock for their first in 30 years. Dare I say they are even trending to be wearing home whites their opening game...

Last edited:
I know most posters on here don't want to admit it, but Rutgers is legit this year. I watched a good portion of the Iowa game last night (during commercials then after The Hall game ended) and it was very winnable. Iowa is a tough out at home but RU hung with them and had chances to win late. Young missing that late drive was the dagger that officially ended it.

I'm more focused on The Hall being top 10 (and rising), but don't have a problem with RU being legit. Of course I could do with some of their fans coming out of the woodwork disparaging The Hall who is on track for their 5th NCAA in a row when RU looks like a lock for their first in 30 years. Dare I say they are even trending to be wearing home whites their opening game...

It took our program a LONG time to regain respect. RU finally gets ranked after how many years and we're just supposed to bend a knee over it? Respect the accomplishment, however respect for the program only comes with time and continuity - as we've said about our own house for years now.

No road wins to speak of (Nebby doesn’t count) has been their resume shortfall. Seems they played hard and had a chance in Iowa.
Rutgers OOC sucks and their SOS is incredibly weak. We were the only real team they played (which they sadly won). They also have yet to win anywhere outside of the New Brunswick city limits. They shouldn’t be in any conversation for any post season higher than the NIT.

We have a Top 10 team playing in the best conference in the country. We are poised for our fifth straight NCAA tournament and people are not only looking at our team as a possible Final Four contender but as a possible National Champion. Given this, why the hell are we talking about a middling school that hasn’t done anything in 30 years!? Take this crap to the nitwit nation board! Look ahead and not behind as it’s not where we’re going!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hall-O-Daze

I'm more focused on The Hall being top 10 (and rising), but don't have a problem with RU being legit (this year anyway). Of course I could do with some of their fans coming out of the woodwork disparaging The Hall who is on track for their 5th NCAA in a row when RU looks like a lock for their first in 30 years. Dare I say they are even trending to be wearing home whites their opening game...

Rutgers is definitely legit but anybody can win at home. Winning on the road separates the boys from the men. Rutgers hasnt won on the road besides @Nebraska who's terrible. I'm not gonna pat them on the back for almost winning at Iowa. In fact I think the Big 10 is vastly overrated. Nobody wins on the road.

Their February schedule is a tall task. They’re good but we will find out how good. They can legitimately be 6-2 or 2-6 in February.

Seton Hall a 2 seed and RU 7-9 seems about right . At full strength you guys can win it all . We are good but you are elite . I believe RAC adds
10 pts . In both top 25 road losses we had lead with under 3 minutes . To finish those games you need a Powell
type Player . Problem these elite talents don’t grow on trees . You guys are lucky to have one .

Rutgers is 1-5 in road/neutral site games with only win vs. Nebraska. Not exactly impressive.
And yet they somehow found their way onto the top 25. If this is the recipe for success in the eyes of the "experts", next year we should mirror that crap ooc.... With all the exhausting effort and travel with our top ranked ooc we are only 14 spots in front of them. Hopefully we won't see any ill affects to that brutal early schedule later in the year. This week off only can help.

And yet they somehow found their way onto the top 25. If this is the recipe for success in the eyes of the "experts", next year we should mirror that crap ooc.... With all the exhausting effort and travel with our top ranked ooc we are only 14 spots in front of them. Hopefully we won't see any ill affects to that brutal early schedule later in the year. This week off only can help.

Why would we want to play a schedule that caps us at top 25 when we can play one that gets us top 10 with the exact same record?

No way I would want to play that crap fest of an OOC schedule. You want to be the best you have to play the best and beat the best. RU’s OOC schedule doesn’t even come close to doing that.

Why would we want to play a schedule that caps us at top 25 when we can play one that gets us top 10 with the exact same record?
The point is we wouldn't lose to St Bonaventure and Pitt and would have been in the same spot ,number 10 ,or higher with less effort. Why was Rutgers rewarded with a top 25 spot with having no desire to improve their schedule. 13 home games... come on.Next year we will lose our three best players and maybe just maybe we should look to ease up a little with the schedule. Next year Rutgers will have everyone back....let's see if they toughen up their ooc.

Seton Hall a 2 seed and RU 7-9 seems about right . At full strength you guys can win it all . We are good but you are elite . I believe RAC adds
10 pts . In both top 25 road losses we had lead with under 3 minutes . To finish those games you need a Powell
type Player . Problem these elite talents don’t grow on trees . You guys are lucky to have one .

It all depends on the bubble, but I think 7-9 seems high for ru, They need to win some road games, or that and the terrible OOC may have them in 12 territory, or out altogether.

Reactions: SHUMA04
It all depends on the bubble, but I think 7-9 seems high for ru, They need to win some road games, or that and the terrible OOC may have them in 12 territory, or out altogether.

Theyll get in because the Big 10 perception is it's the best league. It is very deep but the bottom is really putrid.

Reactions: dcPirate
Arguably, the RAC adds more. This years team is reminiscent of those teams in the old Big East that would beat an undefeated UConn at home and then lose to a bottom feeder on the road. But they are more competitive on the road, just need to turn that corner.

The point is we wouldn't lose to St Bonaventure and Pitt and would have been in the same spot ,number 10 ,or higher with less effort. Why was Rutgers rewarded with a top 25 spot with having no desire to improve their schedule. 13 home games... come on.Next year we will lose our three best players and maybe just maybe we should look to ease up a little with the schedule. Next year Rutgers will have everyone back....let's see if they toughen up their ooc.
Why do you want the easy path? "Less effort" doesn't prepare you for March.

I don't see overturning those 2 losses as nearly enough to propel them 14 spots. The polls have a recency bias and at the time of those games, Rutgers was irrelevant so voters didn't even notice them. Even if those were wins, nobody would have paid any attention to Rutgers until their hot streak including wins over us and Penn State, at which point those losses are old news for most voters.

No way I would want to play that crap fest of an OOC schedule. You want to be the best you have to play the best and beat the best. RU’s OOC schedule doesn’t even come close to doing that.
You guys really won't be happy when you look at the NET Team Sheets the committee uses for seeding.

SHU Overall SOS 27
OOC SOS 81

Rutgers Overall SOS 9
OOC SOS 40

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT