ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers

Threads like this are great for 1 purpose...

To find the new RU trolls who come here and then immediately put them on "ignore".... I think my number (this this and previous threads) is up to 12 ignored RU trolls who have posted in this thread alone. 2 of them I have let slide so far because they actually seem to be posters. Let's see how long that lasts.

It's good to have a culling every once in a while. Thanks OP.
Coming soon to a movie theater near you - "The Culling". I like it!

It's not a lock that 10-10 the way you describe it gets RU in. Almost all home wins against the middle of the pack or worst of the league. 18-12 (before B10 tournament) and potentially no quality road wins is no sure thing. The SHU and PSU wins should play well with the selection committee but sweeping the likes Northwestern and Nebraska won't impress anyone.

Ask NC State how well a weak OOC and .500 ACC record worked out for them last year.

Sweeping Northwestern and Nebraska would get us to 20 wins and another road win. Your math is off

You're 11-3 (sorry Caldwell doesn't count). Winning your next six home games (which includes Northwestern and Nebraska) gets you to 17. Add any other one win and you're 18-12 (10-10) before the B-10 tournament. You only play NW at home and you've already beaten NB once which means a sweep of them is 3-0.

You're 11-3 (sorry Caldwell doesn't count). Winning your next six home games (which includes Northwestern and Nebraska) gets you to 17. Add any other one win and you're 18-12 (10-10) before the B-10 tournament. You only play NW at home and you've already beaten NB once which means a sweep of them is 3-0.
What is interesting to me is does that loss to St Bonnie comes back to bite them? St Bonnie's net is 147, RPI is105 and SOS is 181 with a NCSOS of 227. And that was a neutral site loss for them.

What is interesting to me is does that loss to St Bonnie comes back to bite them? St Bonnie's net is 147, RPI is105 and SOS is 181 with a NCSOS of 227. And that was a neutral site loss for them.

Won't kill them, but they need to have a few wins on the road. They should be in the top 25 next week if they win @Illinois and if they can find their way to 10-10 in league play they should probably be on the right side of the bubble at the end of the year in my opinion. Anything better and they are in, anything worse and they are probably out.

Reactions: TomD82
Won't kill them, but they need to have a few wins on the road. They should be in the top 25 next week if they win @Illinois and if they can find their way to 10-10 in league play they should probably be on the right side of the bubble at the end of the year in my opinion. Anything better and they are in, anything worse and they are probably out.
Very unlikely they get any decent road wins I.e a team inside the top 100

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
I like how these guys continue to talk trash yet they played cup cake mid majors and havent really ventured from the RAC yet. Big 10 road games will eat these fools right up and have them clenching their mouths shut. Ya just hate to see it.

I am not going to argue . Our coach is showing progress every year . We start 4 sophomores. If you don’t see we are a good team you aren’t being objective . Powell graduates along with Quincy . Honestly , who do you think will be better next year .
This year as I have said you guys at full strength are slightly better than ya this year but I feel we are both tournament teams . Next year I just don’t see it the same

I am not going to argue . Our coach is showing progress every year . We start 4 sophomores. If you don’t see we are a good team you aren’t being objective . Powell graduates along with Quincy . Honestly , who do you think will be better next year .
This year as I have said you guys at full strength are slightly better than ya this year but I feel we are both tournament teams . Next year I just don’t see it the same

Mamu has been proven to score, he return. We return our redwood tree big men. Rhoden and Nelson are both showing progress, especially Rhoden. Samuel's is our next bonafide stud. Yeah, we wont be prolific as this year but we will still be hanging around.

To say SHU is the biggest cup cake you played is just ignorant. 1991, bud.

IRON has been reading all of this and has not yet spoken, I really care about SETON HALL only, if RU has a decent season in a completely different conference hey good for them.. no sweat off my back really, I went to hs at Bergen Catholic and Don Bosco is our main rival, in some years one team was way better than the other and still the games are ver close due to rivalry... Is our HALL traditionally way above RU? yes, do I think their fans should enjoy without bothering us yes, but I dont care or get butthurt if they are doing well, has no impact on us... its like Nova fans caring about Temple, they do not care..... RU enjoy, if you make it after 20 years congrats, if not whatever... lets worry about us, they beat us down 2, rematch us and I think its way different... on that note, lets do our Big East thing and let them be... RU Fans, enjoy your season, but don't bust on us either...... God Bless

No offense, but who the heck cares about next year? Everyone here is focused on this year. You should be too as RU has put themselves in a position to make the NCAAs. Lot of work left with that OOC schedule and 1 of the wins not counting vs D2 school. But very good win vs Penn State and a huge win over The Hall that looks better every week.

We can argue about next year after the season is over. Go back to your board and enjoy the season you are having. It could go poof in an instant.

The cats I ball with Sat am in delco could beat Caldwell. Soft served

If you are so good without Powell
Don’t use it as an excuse why we beat you by 20. If we lose to Illinois tomorrow , you won’t say we were playing without Geo Baker our best
Player

Don’t use it as an excuse why we beat you by 20. If we lose to Illinois tomorrow , you won’t say we were playing without Geo Baker our best
Player

Pirates right now vs Pirates you played are 2 different teams. Let's put it this way: the Xavier team we just played would eat you alive and we best them by 12. I'm pretty sure we beat you at least by 10 if we played at this time.

Talk is cheap. Itll be different for you outside of your 2000 seat high school gym.

Edit: Drugs are bad mmmmkay

Player
HEY hbr, cmon already ENJOY your season as it is, its hoops, a game, i dont hate on your team this much that I goto your board, enjoy it brother

Player
Rutgers is pretty good this year and won its biggest game of the year (Pirates). Congrats and good luck, and please use my tax dollars wisely.

At least it’s our gym
Not a Pro Arena you have to rent
You got blown out by 20
Those are facts
I only react as such to most on this board who take shots and make excuses . By the way our gym holds 8300. We have a 100 Million Dollar
Practice Facility . I believe it is your
Home court Walsh Gym which holds

Reactions: thegock
OK, enough. I have given you a wide berth. But you are now coming here to troll and stir the pot.

This is not the Rutgers board so you don't get the same leeway here as you would there. Just like I wouldn't expect a SHU poster to act there as you are here and not be warned.

Next troll like post and you will be banned with no more warnings.

Your call.

At least it’s our gym
Not a Pro Arena you have to rent
You got blown out by 20
Those are facts
I only react as such to most on this board who take shots and make excuses . By the way our gym holds 8300. We have a 100 Million Dollar
Practice Facility . I believe it is your
Home court Walsh Gym which holds

Cmon man Rutgers is trash in football and basketball let's come back to reality.

Dan

Understand but don’t I have right to respond when your fans go over line and trash my team . I have wished you guys well and posted many complementary posts . Go back and read my recent posts
I will bite my tongue in future
I pay my monthly fee and actually root
for your team . Wish same rules applied to all posters
Good Luck Today
I am sure if we lose today your board will have a field day

Dan

Understand but don’t I have right to respond when your fans go over line and trash my team . I have wished you guys well and posted many complementary posts . Go back and read my recent posts
Good Luck Today
When all is said and done, this is a Seton Hall message board. Don’t act all confused when it’s stated that you should stop acting like a #$%&@. Feel free to rip Seton Hall apart on your message board. I would expect the same treatment of SHU fans on the RU board.

Dan

Good Luck Today
Personally, I have never believed in trash talking. My generation was brought up (for the most part) to do your talking on the court/field/arena. But it's another era now so leeway must be given.

That said there's a different standard for fans. More latitude is given to posters of the home team on message boards. Here, on the Rutgers' board, everywhere. Tolerance is given to visitors. Probably more on this site than on most sites. But there is a limit.

There's no need for a visiting fan to come here and start a feud over every single disparaging comment. It's a recipe for threads going out of control and I do not want that. Something I'm sure your monitors on the Rutgers's board would agree with.

There is no board where posters are not going to take pot shots at their rivals. Some legitimate, some childish. It's the nature of the beast. But to feel the need to respond in kind is only going to keep the fire burning as it has done on this thread.

Let it go. It serves little purpose to get into a pissing contest because of the color of the uniforms you root for.

Last edited:
I have a feeling this is that guy that was on here that would say his name in the third person and got banned. He has a similar writing style.

I was just at the RU board and put his name on the field to see if he has ever written a comment over there and he has never posted. Just a hunch this is the third-person guy!

giphy.gif

Dan this is exactly what I mean
No need to use that language
Just go away. You know what? I’m a Rutgers football season ticket holder. Once in a blue moon I go on there and post. Do I go on the Rutgers basketball board to trash talk your awful program? No. So don’t come on here calling SHU a mid major cupcake and expect a high five and pass you a beer. I’ll call it how I see it, you are what you are.

Reactions: halltheway
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT