ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers

First of all even had you won you would not have jumped into the Top 25 and second of all, you didn't.

Tough loss for them today 54-51 v. Illinois. RU led a good part of the game, but UI found a way.

Leaving for the Rock now but to end this discussion:

Rutgers is to Seton Hall just like the Mets are to the Yankees and the Jets are to the Giants.

As a Mets fan, I certainly get it and I understand my place in the baseball universe amongst my Yankees brethren. RU fans would best understand their place as well. Rutgers is having a nice, little season, but best know your place at the table given historical context.

End thread here. No more posts needed.

Just go away. You know what? I’m a Rutgers football season ticket holder. Once in a blue moon I go on there and post. Do I go on the Rutgers basketball board to trash talk your awful program? No. So don’t come on here calling SHU a mid major cupcake and expect a high five and pass you a beer. I’ll call it how I see it, you are what you are.
Sami where was this guy all the years they have sucked aka the last 30?

Let them get better. Good for them if they do. The key is that we need to get even more better. In a duel between the two New Jersey teams, do we want to be number one because we stink less than they do or do we want to be number one because we are better than they even though they are damn good

... its like Nova fans caring about Temple, they do not ...
Sure they do, and Villanova will probably lose that game this year. And that only goes to show how quickly the rivalry turns. You’re on top oBe year and get beat the next. It happens quickly. It’s a fine line. We’re better than Rutgers, hit they can clearly still beat us. And for all they have not accomplished, they are only one NCAA win behind us over the last 15 years.

Sure they do, and Villanova will probably lose that game this year. And that only goes to show how quickly the rivalry turns. You’re on top oBe year and get beat the next. It happens quickly. It’s a fine line. We’re better than Rutgers, hit they can clearly still beat us. And for all they have not accomplished, they are only one NCAA win behind us over the last 15 years.
But they are 10 NCAA appearances behind us in the last 29 years. Remember the Berlin Wall falling, then you may remember the last time the refuse by the Raritan made the tournament...and yes if you remember back that far they lost that game ...so actually they’re actually 37 years from winning a freaking tournament game, so as Martin Lawrence would say let’s slow our roll here. :p

Dan ban me now. F RU! Manager in 95-96 sitting behind bench at a gym smaller than my HS with Heffer mongers with bad breath breathing on me. JY lit Santiago up. His breath was dragon too. Fall back U! Glad my tax dollars in delco go to state penn, well sort of

ugghh......I hate dragon breath....worse there is!

Ex had dragon breath and had to do the right thing and break up........it permeated my mouth and breath and almost threw up once.......lol

giphy.gif

For my tax money sake, stop throwing any money into Rutgers sports. Just take the big 10 share of revenue, keep expenses low and make money like the private sector. No one is pining for Rutgers to be good. I just want them to teach communications, or at the minimum, grammar.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
For my tax money sake, stop throwing any money into Rutgers sports. Just take the big 10 share of revenue, keep expenses low and make money like the private sector. No one is pining for Rutgers to be good. I just want them to teach communications, or at the minimum, grammar.
1 dope is pining. He wrote to Dick Vitale asking about RU hoops the other day and he responded SHU is the NJ team to watch. Lol

Guys, guys! What are we even debating here? It's January 8th. Let's put this in perspective.

We're talking about a team which hasn't even had a postseason since 2006 - almost fifteen years ago!
We're talking about a team which hasn't even made the tournament since 1991(1991!) - almost three full decades!
We're talking about a team which hasn't even won an NCAA tournament game since 1983!
We're talking about a team which hasn't even been to the round of sixteen since 1979(back when there were only 32 teams allowed)!
That's who they are. Less than zero. That's reality. Until proven otherwise, nothing else matters. Nothing changes. It's all just talk.

To put it in context, PJ was the Seton Hall coach(and still would be for several seasons)the last time they made the tournament. Putting it in terms of music history, when rutgers last won an NCAA tournament game, Springsteen's Born In The U.S.A. album was still a full calendar year away. The band U2's first US top 40 single was still a full calendar year away. Some of us weren't even born yet. To those of us who have not yet reached middle age, that seems like another lifetime ago. In terms of US politics, Reagan had not even been elected president when rutgers was last in the round of 16 - before expansion. The last time they won multiple games in the NCAA tournament, JAWS mania was just starting to die off. There was no STAR WARS yet. Think about that.

Again, it's January 8th. We know how quickly fortunes can change - for better or worse. It doesn't matter what conference they're(currently) in. It doesn't matter what special funding they have. It doesn't matter what their current "trajectory" is. It's all talk. That's all they have. Results matter.

Yes, they beat Seton Hall occasionally. (They rush the court too, so obviously it means a lot more to them than Seton Hall.) However, the facts clearly state that until they actually make or do something in the NCAA tournament, they are completely irrelevant. They are nothing. They've done nothing....for years. There's a map, and guess what? They're not on it. Until they do something, it's all talk from a desperate, success starved fan base who has gone from one major disaster, disappointment and embarrassment to another.

Case closed.
Sounds like you said all that to convince yourself that, not others. Did it work? Lots of words.

RU is such a joke. Wish I could take the bus from class to class. NJ fall back college.
When Seton Hall is considered in the same galaxy as Rutgers, academically speaking (and show me even one ranking where Seton Hall is close to Rutgers, let alone beating them) I will take your post seriously.

It's like a student at a community college making fun of the academics of a Big Ten school.

When Seton Hall is considered in the same galaxy as Rutgers, academically speaking (and show me even one ranking where Seton Hall is close to Rutgers, let alone beating them) I will take your post seriously.

It's like a student at a community college making fun of the academics of a Big Ten school.

You guys are semi relevant for the first time in 30 years stay on your board. Were not concerned with Rutgers we've got bigger things in mind. See ya

Pirates right now vs Pirates you played are 2 different teams. Let's put it this way: the Xavier team we just played would eat you alive and we best them by 12. I'm pretty sure we beat you at least by 10 if we played at this time.

Talk is cheap. Itll be different for you outside of your 2000 seat high school gym.

Edit: Drugs are bad mmmmkay
And I'm pretty sure we would beat you just as bad as the ass-thrashing we gave you last month. we're 13-4 and 4-2 now in the Big Ten.

You can't handle the RAC. Rutgers 12-0 in the RAC this year. Be a us by 10? Please pass the weed you're smoking.

Leaving for the Rock now but to end this discussion:

Rutgers is to Seton Hall just like the Mets are to the Yankees and the Jets are to the Giants.

As a Mets fan, I certainly get it and I understand my place in the baseball universe amongst my Yankees brethren. RU fans would best understand their place as well. Rutgers is having a nice, little season, but best know your place at the table given historical context.

End thread here. No more posts needed.
Did you convince yourself with that post? Didn't convince anyone else.

We spanked you so bad this year, we should have been arrested for assault.
And again, couldn’t give a shit about Rutgers. Nice wins at home, still suck on the road. Getting closer to a nice team but we just don’t care.

we just beat a top 5 team on the road. You’re little resurgence is meaningless to most here.
Have fun tonight.

We spanked you so bad this year, we should have been arrested for assault.
Lmao imagine being hype about a win against a team missing its 2 best players and trashing said team as they slide into the top 10 and ur team still, as for the last 3 decades, is a laughing stock. My boss is on the educational innovation board at rutgers and he called RU academics “crappy”. LMAO!!

stop celebrating a home win 4 weeks ago as if its validation that rutgers is great. Theyre both mediocre academically. Rutgers hasnt done a damn thing in major sports. And ur loser football team has unfortunately made ur entire school be synonymous with being losers.

and the colors/logo is lame

Sounds like you said all that to convince yourself that, not others. Did it work? Lots of words.

Someone blew their load over a single Wednesday night home victory in January! Might that be because you can see the inevitable fall on the horizon?

Yeah, it was a lot of words, and you couldn't counter a single one. It was a sh!+ list a mile long and there's nothing that could be disproven. A weak rebuttal(if you can even call it that) to a WALL of facts. Thanks for making my point, kiddo. OOPS!

LOL so you bumped this thread because you're feeling big about winning tonight? Absolutely pathetic. The Seton Hall victory tonight was immensely more important than any single victory by rutgers all season. I don't need to convince anyone of anything - the facts speak for themselves. Since you could not counter one single thing I included in my post, I consider your post as inane and insecure as it was time wasting. I can imagine the reality of my wall of facts sent you into a tailspin of despair, but you're only making yourself look more stupid. Here's another fact for you: rutgers hasn't won a single meaningful game away from home. The committee will look closely at that.

Take a seat, kid, there's a lot of season left to play. Also, you might wanna work on your stamina. Just a thought...

Please don’t argue with the Rutgers kids. They’re stuck in New Brunswick, NJ. They’ve been beaten enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT