ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers

I love how salty a few of you are. Deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you knew if RU ever got it's s--t together, its ceiling is much higher than Seton Hall's. Long way to go until RU is the superior program but things are trending in a certain direction.

Make the tournament first. Then make it 4 years in row. Rutgers fans are like your jealous little brother.

I actually don't gloat, because the win means nothing for us. I have no ill will towards the program and my best friends support it. With that said, to act like that game is actually meaningful to Seton Hall is silly. The majority of casual fans get really amped for the game because it's the two local schools, but in all actuality it's pointless for our program and has been for the better part of 15 years now.

Rutgers has not been truly relevant for 30 decades, and the lack of NCAA appearances in that time proves that point. Winning against a team that does not improve our ranking or standing serves no purpose, and the potentiality of losing to said team is far more damaging.

It's nice that your team is perhaps doing well, and hopefully they continue to trend upward. Because yes, we as fans are forced to endure what has been a pointless game for a long time - so having a win over a decent team would be a nice change of pace, as would a potential loss that isn't crippling to our ranking.

Enjoy your early season success, but perhaps an ounce of humility or reason would be in due order. It's a long season and, to date, your victory over us is still your best one. We will see how things unfold after a myriad of in-conference road games are played by the Knights.
30 decades- wow I don’t think basketball was invented 300 years ago!

Reactions: donnie_baseball
This is the issue when RU starts rolling off wins. They come here and start trash talking and starting threads about themselves. The worst was when Mike Rice had that great recruiting class and the entire summer they were over here talking about being a top 10 team that season. And to a lesser extent when they won 2 games in the Big tourney.
I always root for RU when I tune in , but part of me knows how annoying they will be on this board all summer if the make the tourney.

Ru is without a doubt a top 25 team at home. But with a single road win against Nebraska (Kenpom 160) they are still to be viewed as pretenders

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Don't really get all the vitriol. I'm a Rutgers fan and I usually pull for SHU when they make the tourney. I have plenty of friends that attended or root for both schools. Outside of one game a year it's not a direct competition and there is plenty of talent to go around. I mean it's not like SHU is a wretched hive of scum and villainy like Penn State.

Lotta grown men on both boards that expend an insane amount of energy just to be shitty to other grown men that happen to be fans of a team other than their own. It's pathetic. Especially when instead we can all unite in snark over another true villain of the sport like say...Duke.

I actually don't gloat, because the win means nothing for us. I have no ill will towards the program and my best friends support it. With that said, to act like that game is actually meaningful to Seton Hall is silly. The majority of casual fans get really amped for the game because it's the two local schools, but in all actuality it's pointless for our program and has been for the better part of 15 years now.

Rutgers has not been truly relevant for 30 decades, and the lack of NCAA appearances in that time proves that point. Winning against a team that does not improve our ranking or standing serves no purpose, and the potentiality of losing to said team is far more damaging.

It's nice that your team is perhaps doing well, and hopefully they continue to trend upward. Because yes, we as fans are forced to endure what has been a pointless game for a long time - so having a win over a decent team would be a nice change of pace, as would a potential loss that isn't crippling to our ranking.

Enjoy your early season success, but perhaps an ounce of humility or reason would be in due order. It's a long season and, to date, your victory over us is still your best one. We will see how things unfold after a myriad of in-conference road games are played by the Knights.

Yeah but that 1720 team was great!

Don't really get all the vitriol. I'm a Rutgers fan and I usually pull for SHU when they make the tourney. I have plenty of friends that attended or root for both schools. Outside of one game a year it's not a direct competition and there is plenty of talent to go around. I mean it's not like SHU is a wretched hive of scum and villainy like Penn State.

There are so many more RU alum because of the relative size and purposes of the 2 Universities. It must be annoying to SHU grad/fans to always be outnumbered even though SHU has had much more success.

There are so many more RU alum because of the relative size and purposes of the 2 Universities. It must be annoying to SHU grad/fans to always be outnumbered even though SHU has had much more success.

The only time it can be measured has been games at the Continental and now Prudential Center. There's been much debate, but I don't think there's ever been more than 1/3 of the crowd rooting for ru. If they make a run this year, I expect the demand for tickets at the Rock to increase, and I would hope and expect that SHU will make if difficult for ru fans to get their hands on tickets, much as they did for the game at the RAC this year.

Back "on" topic, I took a look at the remaining ru schedule for the season, and I've been reading that fans are harassing Carino to rank rutgers, and they are trying to calculate how many wins gets them "in." I have to tell you, I don't see more than 5 wins left on that schedule for them. I think they beat Indiana, Minnesota at the RAC, Nebraska again, and maybe 2 other RAC games. OK, so 6 maybe. And they have 11 currently -- Caldwell doesn't count. Even an 18 or 19 win ru team with that shabby OOC is probably NIT bound.

If I'm wrong, and I may well be, they will have to win a couple of games against the U of M's, Sparty at home, Purdue. If they make it, I will be impressed.

So many more alumni yet so many less fans! Seton Hall’s attendance blows away anything Rutgers attracts!

Back "on" topic, I took a look at the remaining ru schedule for the season, and I've been reading that fans are harassing Carino to rank rutgers, and they are trying to calculate how many wins gets them "in." I have to tell you, I don't see more than 5 wins left on that schedule for them. I think they beat Indiana, Minnesota at the RAC, Nebraska again, and maybe 2 other RAC games. OK, so 6 maybe. And they have 11 currently -- Caldwell doesn't count. Even an 18 or 19 win ru team with that shabby OOC is probably NIT bound.

If I'm wrong, and I may well be, they will have to win a couple of games against the U of M's, Sparty at home, Purdue. If they make it, I will be impressed.

Their next game is really important one. Chance to beat a decent team on the road and show they are legit. They should knock into the top 25 if they can pull that one off. After that they have another 5 winnable games in a row. They need to do really well in that stretch (4-2 at minimum) since their Feb/March is fairly brutal.

Their next game is really important one. Chance to beat a decent team on the road and show they are legit. They should knock into the top 25 if they can pull that one off. After that they have another 5 winnable games in a row. They need to do really well in that stretch (4-2 at minimum) since their Feb/March is fairly brutal.
Interesting game with Illinois. A couple of teams that have some parallels in terms of playing well and a fan base hungry for success. Illini are 9-1 at home with some good wins.

I see 3-3. I don't see them beating Iowa, Purdue, or Illinois

I am a huge Rutgers believer this year, but man do their fans NEVER learn. Every year the bottom falls completely out, and every year they get right back on the horse talking sh**. What has to happen to wear these guys down?
Seriously? A lot of Rurgers fans are the most negative, beaten down, fans you'll ever see. This must just be the guys that come here.

We beat SHU
Having bragging rights for a year
Already makes this a successful season . By the way KenPom predicts
RU to win next 6 at home which would
Give them 9 Big 10 wins
Win 1 more and they are in
10-10 in Best League in Country gets
Them in

We beat SHU
Give them 9 Big 10 wins
Them in
Best league in the country is the Big East. You aren’t a member.

We beat SHU
Give them 9 Big 10 wins
Them in

It's not a lock that 10-10 the way you describe it gets RU in. Almost all home wins against the middle of the pack or worst of the league. 18-12 (before B10 tournament) and potentially no quality road wins is no sure thing. The SHU and PSU wins should play well with the selection committee but sweeping the likes Northwestern and Nebraska won't impress anyone.

Ask NC State how well a weak OOC and .500 ACC record worked out for them last year.

Threads like this are great for 1 purpose...

To find the new RU trolls who come here and then immediately put them on "ignore".... I think my number (this this and previous threads) is up to 12 ignored RU trolls who have posted in this thread alone. 2 of them I have let slide so far because they actually seem to be posters. Let's see how long that lasts.

It's good to have a culling every once in a while. Thanks OP.

It's not a lock that 10-10 the way you describe it gets RU in. Almost all home wins against the middle of the pack or worst of the league. 18-12 (before B10 tournament) and potentially no quality road wins is no sure thing. The SHU and PSU wins should play well with the selection committee but sweeping the likes Northwestern and Nebraska won't impress anyone.

Ask NC State how well a weak OOC and .500 ACC record worked out for them last year.
Sweeping Northwestern and Nebraska would get us to 20 wins and another road win. Your math is off

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT