ADVERTISEMENT

The Big East Office has spoken

You are entitled to your opinion but calling names is what's ignorant. I have seen these types of hires/promotions for many years now. Everyone knows they are wrong but are too afraid to state the obvious. Anyway, enjoy your day.
The only thing obvious is the total inaccuracy of your claim. Not to mention it's irrelevance. Save the attacks on DEI for the Life Off The Ship Board where it's fair game for discussion.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Already 1-0.

I'm talking actual 1st round games. We all knew Virginia was trash. Realistically, I am thinking 2-4 with New Mexico and San Diego St winning. The MWC has been very poor in March aside from SDSU run last year.

Nevada vs Dayton
Utah St vs TCU
Colorado St vs Texas
UAB vs San Diego St
New Mexico vs Clemson
Boise if they advance vs Florida.

She's paid a considerable amount of money ($1.6mm) each year to do more than the bare minimum required by this situation (I would argue less than the bare minimum here). Also, not having an extra 1-3 teams in the Tournament cost the Big East credits per team which pays the league a significant amount of money per credit. And yes, if that happened to the SEC or Big Ten, their commissioners would be all over the television starting selection Sunday night griping about it. Did you see how the ACC reacted after FSU got snubbed by the CFP Committee? Luckily we have internet to remind everyone this is how a commissioner should respond:

ACC Commish

The only thing obvious is the total inaccuracy of your claim. Not to mention it's irrelevance. Save the attacks on DEI for the Life Off The Ship Board where it's fair game for discussion.
What is inaccurate? Without specifics, your claims are worthless.

If anyone is unhappy with Ackerman that's fine. But it has absolutely nothing to do with her gender and any hint of that is foolish.

Up to this point I think she has done a fabulous job and for the record she is doing what many of us wanted, but only behind closed doors.

IMO that was a mistake but certainly not to the point that we should look for someone to replace her. She commands a ton of respect from her peers and if you ever had the chance to meet her or even attend any Big East function you would know why.

If anyone is unhappy with Ackerman that's fine. But it has absolutely nothing to do with her gender and any hint of that is foolish.

Up to this point I think she has done a fabulous job and for the record she is doing what many of us wanted, but only behind closed doors.

IMO that was a mistake but certainly not to the point that we should look for someone to replace her. She commands a ton of respect from her peers and if you ever had the chance to meet her or even attend any Big East function you would know why.
It doesn't matter Dan. She had the opportunity to publicly stick up for the Big East in a time when the football conferences are trying to take over everything ($). She crapped the bed badly, waited too long and released a god awful statement that was hard to even read through. She showed her true colors and might have been good up to this point but needs to step aside now if we want the BE to play with the big boys. She clearly does not get it and missed her opportunity to stick up for the member schools of the BE. I hope this is brought up in the BE meetings this year by our AD and others. Time for new leadership if you can't be out in front.

I do agree her gender is meaningless in this case and should be judged on her actions. This was a big moment for our conference and is costing us a ton of $ and she failed in the biggest moment in years for the BE.

It’s not something that is effective behind closed doors. The committee will be different in part next year. The call out has to be public as well. And in all due honesty , she is disrespecting a key constituency: the fans and alums of the BE. No crazy rants or histrionics. All she had to do was complain about the raw deal.

Last edited:
It’s not something that is effective behind closed doors. The very committee will be different in part next year. The call out has to be public as well. And in all due repast, she is disrespecting a key constituency: the fans and alums of the BE. No crazy rants or histrionics. All she had to do was complain about the raw deal.
That's why I said IMO she took the wrong tact. But fireable? That's foolish.

I think Pitino is actually thrilled he didn’t make it. He got the fan base excited, motivated and left them wanting more. He’s going to milk even more money from the NIL donors (outside of Repole) and come out swinging next season with a team and roster that he actually wants. This was best case scenario for SJU
All of what you said is true, except Pitino not wanting to be in the dance. You don’t become Rick Pitino if that’s true. There is no way he is thrilled he didn’t make it, and I bet you he thinks with where he had them they could have won a game or two with the right matchups.

Reactions: HallX2 and SOpirate
All of what you said is true, except Pitino not wanting to be in the dance. You don’t become Rick Pitino if that’s true. There is no way he is thrilled he didn’t make it, and I bet you he thinks with where he had them they could have won a game or two with the right matchups.
Plus a sweet 16 run would’ve helped St. John’s NIL efforts 10X more than getting snubbed.

Reactions: CL82
She's paid a considerable amount of money ($1.6mm) each year to do more than the bare minimum required by this situation (I would argue less than the bare minimum here). Also, not having an extra 1-3 teams in the Tournament cost the Big East credits per team which pays the league a significant amount of money per credit. And yes, if that happened to the SEC or Big Ten, their commissioners would be all over the television starting selection Sunday night griping about it. Did you see how the ACC reacted after FSU got snubbed by the CFP Committee? Luckily we have internet to remind everyone this is how a commissioner should respond:

ACC Commish
$2 million per unit I believe...

Reactions: CL82 and HallB
I’m anxious to see how Val does with our new TV contract which to me is our top priority and the most important issue to resolve facing the Conference . Calls for her dismissal are just not realistic.
I wonder what the average poster on this site truly thinks the value of the product is worth in broadcast/platform rights fees.

FOX has a good deal as they paid very little over 12 years for a lot of inventory

Reactions: LBP43 and TomD82
I wonder what the average poster on this site truly thinks the value of the product is worth in broadcast/platform rights fees.

FOX has a good deal as they paid very little over 12 years for a lot of inventory
No one here has a clue. Unless we have a hidden media executive.

The Big East recently had centered on candidates outside of college athletics in Ackerman, Major League Baseball's Tim Brosnan and Boston Celtics president Rich Gotham, a Providence College grad.
The Q is what would the statement, reaction, response have been if 1 of the other Big East schools had identical situation instead of Seton Hall,...would the so-called self-proclaimed schools that carry more weight in Big East circles (UConn, Georgetown, Villanova) have seen a more profound statement/reaction/response? If you think that's true, then you have a gripe and a major problem.

Plus a sweet 16 run would’ve helped St. John’s NIL efforts 10X more than getting snubbed.
Same is true for Seton Hall. I actually think that this year's team could've had a nice run in the NCAAs. It's difficult to prepare for your aggressive guard play and ability to penetrate without actually experiencing it. In our first matchup you blew our doors off. The second time we played we knew what was coming and adjusted. But in the tourney, teams are only going to get that first look and would've had to figure things out on the fly. That's tough to do. I think you had a very decent shot to still be playing. So, yeah, the committee took at least 4 million away from the conference, but they also took away the "big east is back" narrative that we would've had with four schools still playing.

Reactions: SOpirate
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT