ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

Went to high school with Horton’s aunts and uncles and all are wonderful people. Uncle played at Georgia Tech and Cleveland Cavaliers. My very first call ever to Hall Line was to talk about Seton Hall recruiting him. Another uncle played for FDU and other uncles were good football players.
I didn't know he was from Union. I graduated with Mike Horton who played football. Definitely some good people in that family.

I didn't know he was from Union. I graduated with Mike Horton who played football. Definitely some good people in that family.
Mike was a good QB for New Haven, in their Hall of Fame.

great pickup for SJU. will add to some of the buzz of those inevitae wins.

Who besides Sha is out recruiting for SH ? He can’t do it himself and we need to get his staff in place as quickly as possible.

Last edited:
I could see Al Amir wanting to come home to play for Sha, I think it was between us and Clemson. before he committed.

Found this from his final 4 teams. UConn was not one of them, although they may have had Jalen Gaffney already.

With Cole done and Gaffney/Diggins in the transfer portal, have to think UConn will be pursuing Dawes. Lots of Patrick School guys on their roster.

Good player. Shoots a decent percentage from 3, but for some reason he’s never been able to stick out. I’d take him assuming he has 2 more years of eligibility. But there’s a log jam of guards right now.

SHU needs some bigs—but who knows what the situation is with all the current players.

Still surprised there hasn’t been any news at all regarding a Seton Hall player in the portal.

Have to think they’re all waiting for the assistants to be named?

SHU needs some bigs—but who knows what the situation is with all the current players.

Still surprised there hasn’t been any news at all regarding a Seton Hall player in the portal.

Have to think they’re all waiting for the assistants to be named?
If Sha isn't enough, they'd be in the portal. Perhaps waiting to see who we get in the Portal.

If Sha isn't enough, they'd be in the portal. Perhaps waiting to see who we get in the Portal.
Well, for one it absolutely speaks to Holloway’s magnetic and charismatic persona. That’s great.

It’s just that in most cases—most—kids have a knee jerk reaction and put themselves in the portal with an option to return. Especially since kids are usually coming to play for a coach and not a school.

Just an unusual circumstance in which a coach that comes in to replace a coach that went to a “bigger” destination hasn’t had any defections yet on April 5th.

Toussaint has a role on a good team but it would be best served on a team with plenty of shooters. Right now, at least, we don't have that.

Transfer portal is all the rage on this forum but keep in mind: The players entering the portal are doing so for many reasons. Let me remind you of some of them: Not team players, Not studying or going to classes, Not liked by their team mates, Not like by their coach, bad work ethic, bad attitudes, head cases etc. Taking a transfer is sometimes or many times taking on a headache or problem for SHU! All kids are NOT great kids!

Transfer portal is all the rage on this forum but keep in mind: The players entering the portal are doing so for many reasons. Let me remind you of some of them: Not team players, Not studying or going to classes, Not liked by their team mates, Not like by their coach, bad work ethic, bad attitudes, head cases etc. Taking a transfer is sometimes or many times taking on a headache or problem for SHU! All kids are NOT great kids!
I see your an optimist. the Transfer portal is now a way of life. All the teams in the final 4 had transfers playing meaningful minutes.

Your statement is in the minority.
The majority of kids transferring to a school is because it is a better fit or a better team with a chance to play in the dance or move further through it. Does that make him a headache? Those kids worked their tail off to take their game to the next level. I don’t see any headaches in the transfers we’ve had over the last couple of years. Harris, Yetna, etc great kids and team players

Ray of sunshine as usual

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT