ADVERTISEMENT

Uconn Gamethread

Stop settling for 3's drive it and get fouled. Sandro has got to be tougher on Whaley. He blocked his shot multiple times and he didn't box him out leading to the easy bucket. Have to be better. Ike is giving us something defensively, keep him in there. Unless Molson is all alone near the basket, please do not give it to him.

if we are down at half itd be really demoralizing, and hard to imagine given how it seemed we played. but alas...
Well we are. Just unbelievable how this happens. I know teams always make runs in every game but can we ever play clean and crisp for an extended period God forbid an entire game?

Stop settling for 3's drive it and get fouled. Sandro has got to be tougher on Whaley. He blocked his shot multiple times and he didn't box him out leading to the easy bucket. Have to be better. Ike is giving us something defensively, keep him in there. Unless Molson is all alone near the basket, please do not give it to him.
He was and he missed a bunny!!

Molson brings nothing to the table. Id rsther have a tired cale and rhoden. His driving layups dont come close and 18 perc from 3. Whats left. Maybe a mid range?

Very poor finish to what was otherwise a fairly decent half. Really worried about what the offense is going to look like in the second half. Also, UConn is finding itself on offense. Want to be optimistic, but I just don't have a good feeling right now. We better come out of halftime fired up and aggressive - as of now no one is in foul trouble. If we come out tight and timid, and don't recover, it's over.

Reactions: Pirates13
Drive in hard and physical, same on defense. Knock them on their ass and make it a roll in the trash.

Mamu does not box out. puzzling

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Settling for less 3s on O + play zone d with Ike, + we out work them (ie box out and play physical)=we win

Can someone send this to Willard😒

Reactions: Hall-O-Daze
Willard should press some in the 2nd half, make it uncomfortable getting into their half court offense. Draw up some back door cuts to get us some easy points.

Molson brings nothing to the table. Id rsther have a tired cale and rhoden. His driving layups dont come close and 18 perc from 3. Whats left. Maybe a mid range?
Need to ride they guys who know how to score in the 2nd half.

Reactions: flconticello
WE really lack speed on this team. Occasionally you'll see Myles with a burst of speed on his drives, but no speed whatsoever

Reactions: flconticello
Does Molson have pictures on Willard.Three shot attempts all misses and one charging foul.I don’t want to hear he play defense put 5 guys like him on the floor and we get shout-out.I am a minority that will be happy to see Willard leave ,but once he makes a playing time decision he sticks with it nomatter what.I feel sorry for Molson he is so over his head in the BE.

Reactions: papacheesy2
Nobody attacks the glass. Ike is the softest 7 footer that was ever created

horrible start to the half. what kind of uninspiring speech did willard give at half time that most definitely made our players BELIEVE they were going to lose.

We are lucky to get 1 shot on an offense trip. They get multiple shots off every miss. This is really bad.

Ike stop jumping just contest and get the rebound. Hurly basically told them just drive and throw it up and if you miss you will be open for the rebound. Gotta clean that up.

Reactions: TomD82
We have to move the ball better. UConn is doing it and scoring... Can something go right for a change

Ike is the weakest 7'2 270 lb. person i have ever seen! He has the basketball IQ of a worm!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT