ADVERTISEMENT

USWST

batts

All World
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
I thought long and hard about the controversies involving the woman soccer team. In my view, to protest the American American flag on a world stage, is utterly classless. I would think that a lot of the players on the team would not be there, but for the opportunities our nation provides, and in particular the promotion of women’s sports. And to continuously squawk about not receiving equal pay when they lost easily to a men’s, 15 and under team demonstrates a heightened sense of entitlement that is not deserved.

The anthem has always bothered me. It bothered me when the men stood motionless during it, and it bothers me now when the women do it… but as always once the games start you focus on something else… but with the women’s history, because of a select few on the team, it’s harder for people to look past that.

I read today that the mens and women’s teams will be splitting a revenue pot of $14.6 million dollars between the 2 tournaments… men brought in roughly $13 million to the women’s just Under $2 million, making it $300k for each player on both teams. Now the men agreed to this so hats off to them. Many of the player playing in Europe get paid decently, and the ones in MLS get paid ok, but im not sure how much…. The average salary for a NWSL player is low, very low, 75% of the league makes less than $31k per season… a select few like Rapinoe make $100k. So this $300k is huge for them because they make next to nothing in their league, which is also why you never see you get players getting much of a chance with the team, even in friendly’s. Those players do not want someone taking their spot with that much money on the line. I don’t have a doubt in my mind Rapinoe just played for that paycheck, plain and simple…. Nothing else.

Reactions: batts
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT