ADVERTISEMENT

Visitors

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Info on the Trove. But for here I will say that multiple players have visited yesterday and today.

2 are 4 Star recruits.

Better to have guys visiting than not, but I agree with BS. The likelihood of landing any decent recruits seems pretty small. I hope I am wrong and we land a number of great recruits, I just haven't been this down on the team/program in the preseason in a very long time so it's tough to get excited about any player visiting campus. How can we expect recruits to buy into a coach when a large number of even the most loyal supporters have no faith in his ability to get it done?

Is anyone really going to commit to Willard given his tenuous job status based on the 5-year record?

Large number? 10 people on this message board.
I was referring to people that I go to games with or just talk to about the team. I cant think of a single person that I have spoken with over the last 6 months that is even a little excited about the upcoming season and/or about having KW still here as our coach. Though if you really just want to count people from this message board, I suspect that the number is quite a bit higher than 10. Kudos to you for being so optimistic, but I don't get the sense that many people are in the same boat as you so your comment seems to be a bit misguided.

Yes Seton Hall is a great academic school, with brand new facilities, playing in the Big East Conference,has a real family atmosphere and has a talented young roster. As Isaiah Whitehead would say ,watch out Big East- there is no doubt in my mind that we are NCAA Tournament bound this year.

All the regulars in the few rows around me in my section despise KW... I'd say about 20-25 people that I interact with.... Then the random people who come and rail on KW the entire time is usually a handful of people almost every BE game.

I'd say 30 people per game in my section express their very negative opinion of KW.

As Isaiah Whitehead would say ,watch out Big East- there is no doubt in my mind that we are NCAA Tournament bound this year.

Wasn't the same thing said last year by IW and company? And you?

All the regulars in the few rows around me in my section despise KW... I'd say about 20-25 people that I interact with.... Then the random people who come and rail on KW the entire time is usually a handful of people almost every BE game.

I'd say 30 people per game in my section express their very negative opinion of KW.

Better way to say it, besides Hobbs and Flnj, who has a positive opinion on WIllard?

who cares? we're getting none of them until KW is fired or he gives one of their people a coaching job.
I care. And I hope we get one. What is the point of punctuating every sentence with the same stuff we all know.

Hello all and I hope everyone is enjoying their Summer. I usually don't post too much at this time of year and take a break from Seton Hall Athletic world. I do read your posts to stay in touch with the current state of affairs.

I actually think it's a good thing to get as many recruits to visit and connect with the program. You never know and it could pay dividends in the future. Maybe a kid goes to another school and at some point wants to transfer. The player can evaluate his options at that point and could decide that SHU is a good fit for him. Obviously Gibbs is the best example for that although circumstances led him to transfer again. Plus you never know what is going to happen at Seton Hall in the next 7 months. The coaches still have to do their job to the best of their abilities. I don't buy into the "waste of time" scenario. As fans all we can do is wait and hope for the best results in the short term and during the season. If we can get a player in the next few months that can contribute to the Seton Hall program in the long run, then I'm for that.

It really doesn't matter what any of us , pro or con, think of Kevin or how valid the arguments we make are to keep him or to let him go. What matters is what Pat, Gabe and the key members of the BOR think and the buyout numbers will certainly be a key factor in whatever decision they make . We have no choice but to let the season play out and see what happens .

As Dan says, people read this board, right? Well, the last thing I would want is for anyone around that terrible coach to think the diehards have softened their stance ;-). Nope, we all still want him gone. Nothing's changed just b/c we're a few months away from that abortion of a season he put out there. Hopefully more of u will follow me and boycott games until he's let go.

I understand the boycott thing on some level, but I can't go there myself. Not going to games and pulling financial support makes a tough situation worse. However, I respect someone who takes that kind of stand. Believe me, I still cannot believe that effort at the BigEast Tournament against Marquette. This is hot seat with a capital "H".

Reactions: shu99
I understand the boycott thing on some level, but I can't go there myself. Not going to games and pulling financial support makes a tough situation worse. However, I respect someone who takes that kind of stand. Believe me, I still cannot believe that effort at the BigEast Tournament against Marquette. This is hot seat with a capital "H".
This is how I feel. I am completely down on the program but I will continue to make my Pirate Blue donation and renew season tickets. I will also be down in Charleston cheering the team on and traveling to at least 1 or 2 other road games. Maybe having zero expectations is the way to go as it makes it tougher to be disappointed.

I enjoy bad SHU hoops more than I enjoy most things. I will be there, specially to see the soph class again. I will hope for the best.

Reactions: SetonHall11
With 1 scholarship to give????
I think you could figure out what I meant (given the lack of recruiting news I havent really paid much attention to how many spots we actually have available). So i guess I hope that we land 1 quality player with the 1 spot that we have available. Better?

Typical. Dan reports some positive news and the first post is negative followed by the wailing chorus. As several posters above pointed out, we all know the situation. The staff is working hard as they should be. If they don't succeed this year there will be changes. The season has to play out. If we are successful (NCAA) we will get some players, if not, we won't. At this point its fairly straightforward.

Reactions: Burnsly
Here we go again. Pirate Crew's favorite pastime: Bash the coach.
What started out as a positive post immediately turned into a bash KW post.

SInce PJ that seems like all we do around here (and even PJ was bashed quite a bit).

George Blaney was run out of town on a rail.
Tommy Amaker left and got bashed (rightfully so I might add).
Louis Orr - Constant bashing from the day he took over ( I was one of them I might add). Yet he got us to the NCAA twice and the NIT once.
Bobby Gonzalez - Another one who was bashed from the day he took the job and then imploded.
KW- now its his turn.

So what's the alternative to Willard?
Does anyone really think that we will be able to get a high level coach to come to a small Catholic school in NJ and more importantly stay here? Maybe we can get another PJ type who will develop into a great coach but that won't last and he will be grabbed up by a bigger school or go pro like PJ.

Let's see what happens this year. KW may not be the next PJ but he has been dealt a lot of injury plagued years. Even last year, our #1 recruit went down for most of the year. I am cautiously optimistic that we will have a decent year.

Reactions: Burnsly
BG was celebrated here like he was John, Paul, George and Ringo. And when he got bashed he had earned it.

Orr was treated badly here.

Blaney should have been run out of town before he got to town.

KW deserves his beatings too.

Frankly, you can make the case that PJ deserved his beatings too. Thankfully, those in charge showed patience. But our patience has not been rewarded since.

The SHU admin has done an awful job running this program that is so important to SHU. They took it for granted and made bad decision after bad decision. Too bad we can't boo them at the games.

GSD... How did you like his coaching and sideline antic against Marquette in the BET? (Like laughing in coaches faces as they tried to get him to make adjustments and call plays??).

Seriously screw KW...

Reactions: Save Continental
Because of his injury, when it healed he was far from 100% because his stamina and endurance was not up to par because he could not play basketball for 6 wks.

I remember when And1 used to make clothing and I had a shirt that stated... "Excuses are for losers."

How many excuses have KW and his supporters given?

If we hopefully have no major injuries then you will see the results on the court this year.

Reactions: SetonHall11
Here we go again. Pirate Crew's favorite pastime: Bash the coach.
What started out as a positive post immediately turned into a bash KW post.

SInce PJ that seems like all we do around here (and even PJ was bashed quite a bit).

George Blaney was run out of town on a rail.
Tommy Amaker left and got bashed (rightfully so I might add).
Louis Orr - Constant bashing from the day he took over ( I was one of them I might add). Yet he got us to the NCAA twice and the NIT once.
Bobby Gonzalez - Another one who was bashed from the day he took the job and then imploded.
KW- now its his turn.

So what's the alternative to Willard?
Does anyone really think that we will be able to get a high level coach to come to a small Catholic school in NJ and more importantly stay here? Maybe we can get another PJ type who will develop into a great coach but that won't last and he will be grabbed up by a bigger school or go pro like PJ.

Let's see what happens this year. KW may not be the next PJ but he has been dealt a lot of injury plagued years. Even last year, our #1 recruit went down for most of the year. I am cautiously optimistic that we will have a decent year.
Oh Please. I am so sick and tired of the so called Seton Hall fans crying that we are incapable of acquiring a top notch candidate to become our head coach. If it is so impossible then how did schools such as Gonzaga do it?How is Dayton thriving under their head coach? What is getting in our way are the ridiculous and inefficient decisions that are constantly being made regarding our basketball program. How excited would we all be if Loser Willard was fired as he should have been and Sha was brought on as head coach backed up by a couple of shark recruiters. This may not be the ultimate solution for some on this board. However, it would have placed us light years ahead of where we are now in regard to juice and energy that is much needed within our program.Willard is the death knell of our program and will deenergis any program that he is connected with.

We do not need some superstar coach at Seton Hall University. What we need is a likeable individual with a huge work ethic and the full knowledge of a system that he can implement and work to our ultimate advantage. Under Willard, we have been and continue to be looked at as a losing program that has been stuck in the mud. Worse yet is our program being thought of as heading in reverse. When Bobby was fired, someone on this board stated that our next hire will determine whether or not we enter a period of irrelevance. Unfortunately this comment turned out to be an example of foreshadowing at its finest as I believe we all know exactly where our beloved program stands under the tutelage of Willard.

Last edited:
If we hopefully have no major injuries then you will see the results on the court this year.
KW must be the most unlucky coach/person on the planet as he is the only one to have injuries every year. How is it that not a single other program in all of Division 1 basketball had any injuries last year? or the year before? or the year before that?

Reactions: shupat08
Oh Please. I am so sick and tired of the so called Seton Hall fans c

I am not sure how this sentence is supposed to finish but please do not criticize my good friend and tremendous poster GSD. The man is a legend and deserves better.

Remember 99... We're also the only program to have had slow white guys that can't shoot.

...And we don't have enough depth...

We're still quoting KW here right??

Was at the PB Golf outing the other day talking to the staff and people from the ticket office. NEWS FLASH ticket sales are not down, so all of you boycotting and what not have not made that much of a difference. Hell, they have had a bunch of first timers recently sign up!!

I am optimistic for this coming year. Yes, I think the 2nd year of our sophomore talent will shine and we will squeak into NCAA tourney.

I am pessimistic for the future though if this recruiting period is subpar which so far appear to be, the entire 16/17 squad won't be anything special no matter what happens record wise next year.

This is bc if we go to tourney it will prob mean Delgado and Whitehead gone to nba, Willard will be staying (so no fresh blood to rejuvenate the program) and won't be able to replenish talent we lost with just one good season/record on recruiting trails to build upon bc the following season will be bad.

I'm disappointed with our record last year, roster management and 2015 recruiting to pair with the talented sophs. I hope Willard can land some 2016 top 100, 4 star guys or I will remain pessimistic even if we get into tourney next year. Hashtag-big picture

This board is funny, the 10 posters or so on here think that they are going to make a difference with their posts or by not going to games. I am a Seton Hall Alum and lifetime Seton Hall Basketball fan that will always support the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT