ADVERTISEMENT

Visitors

Was at the PB Golf outing the other day talking to the staff and people from the ticket office. NEWS FLASH ticket sales are not down, so all of you boycotting and what not have not made that much of a difference. Hell, they have had a bunch of first timers recently sign up!!
We are rabid, but are also a pimple on the ass of SHU fandon. What do we have here? 2-300 people, many from out of state who cannot attend games so participate here to keep in touch.

Was at the PB Golf outing the other day talking to the staff and people from the ticket office. NEWS FLASH ticket sales are not down, so all of you boycotting and what not have not made that much of a difference. Hell, they have had a bunch of first timers recently sign up!!
We had the best fan presence at home games last year than I can remember in a while. Do you really not expect a significant reduction in attendance after last year's debacle, despite what your "inside sources" are saying about season ticket sales? Half the season ticket holders don't show up anyways. Or at least that's what it looks like every year consistently seeing a ton of empty prime seats. If your point is that the revenue from season ticket holders is still going to be there, that's one thing. But walk ups and overall fan and student support is going to be limited unless we get off to a great start and have a solid season. FWIW I don't see either of those scenarios being completely unrealistic. I've not changed my approach to supporting the program (I'm no JimmyD but I do what I can) so I'm not in boycott mode by any means, but I think we'll see the impact last year (or last 5 years) will have on attendance very early on.

Last edited by a moderator:
do you really think they are going to tell you otherwise??? That wouldn't make them very good salespeople...

Reactions: pirated
do you really think they are going to tell you otherwise??? That wouldn't make them very good salespeople...
And while there are some people in this thread who are unhappy with KW and the direction of the program (perhaps all 10 of the unhappy fans that flnj was referring to), i can only recall 1 person saying they were boycotting anything. People can buy tickets and support the program (financially, any other way they can), AND also be unhappy with the way things are going, they aren't mutually exclusive actions.

I think the bigger issue is how ugly it's going to get with Kevin and the fans that do go if the team stumbles.

Bingo! It's called coach speak. Heard it how many times before from KW ET al.? Been there done that more of the same. How has that worked in the past with KW? Not too well I believe. Track record you wouldn't bet on even at the SH Day at the Races.

jcalz has posted some serious brainwash stuff lately.

KW is a bad coach. i am talking bottom 1% of the NCAA. that's the reason recruits wont commit. If players don't listen to him when they're ON the team, why would they listen to anything he has to say on a recruiting trip?

Pretty sure the ticket office is being run by a couple of new people from an outside partner. After communicating with the 2 of them, I got the impression that they were very new to the ticket business (could be wrong but that was the thought that I had after speaking with and emailing them). I think "coach speak" can really be from anyone in Athletics. Just like a coach isn't going to say "yeah i think we are going to have a down year and really struggle bc X, Y, Z player just doesn't have it to compete at this level", ticket people aren't going to tell you that sales are lagging.

Some of us have a good relationship with many in Atheltics and I trust what I am being told by them. I have heard enough of the rah rah/ coach speak and I call it out. Hell, I made a point to get up mid KW speech and get ice cream during the PB Golf Outing, so in no way am I a KW supporter.

All I have done is share what was said and told to me, it is up to you to take it as you will.

As a Seton Hall fan, all I want to do is win. Whether that is with KW or not I could care less.

Reactions: Burnsly
Our attendance base seemed flat last year compared to the prior year. I expect that to be the same this year. We will have lousy crowds for the first couple games.

No shocker our walk up attendance increased significantly when we were WINNING! This is not a fan base that's going to come out in droves to watch a mediocre squad play Troy on a week night.

Some of us have a good relationship with many in Atheltics and I trust what I am being told by them. I have heard enough of the rah rah/ coach speak and I call it out. Hell, I made a point to get up mid KW speech and get ice cream during the PB Golf Outing, so in no way am I a KW supporter.

All I have done is share what was said and told to me, it is up to you to take it as you will.

As a Seton Hall fan, all I want to do is win. Whether that is with KW or not I could care less.
Thanks for sharing the info. I think your last line really sums up my feelings exactly.

Reactions: arcdreams
Actually support Finj86's point of view on anything anymore. (There I finished the post to factually correct it) lol[/QUOTE
jcalz has posted some serious brainwash stuff lately.

KW is a bad coach. i am talking bottom 1% of the NCAA. that's the reason recruits wont commit. If players don't listen to him when they're ON the team, why would they listen to anything he has to say on a recruiting trip?
What analyst, blogs, and other articles did you get this conclusion from. I'm curious because I would like to read how they backed up their argument. I mean I could just come out on this board and state that Shuathlete has no clue what he is talking about and his amount of basketball knowledge couldn't fit on the head of a needle but I don't because I don't make statements like that unless I have proof from other sources.

Reactions: PirateDave01
What analyst, blogs, and other articles did you get this conclusion from. I'm curious because I would like to read how they backed up their argument. I mean I could just come out on this board and state that Shuathlete has no clue what he is talking about and his amount of basketball knowledge couldn't fit on the head of a needle but I don't because I don't make statements like that unless I have proof from other sources.

Youre right. I must have missed his entire tenure as our coach. Good one Bayonne. Guy is dog doo. Dont really know who I would take him before in the entire NCAA. Ive peeled stickers off fruit that are more for formidable than him.

Youre right. I must have missed his entire tenure as our coach. Good one Bayonne. Guy is dog doo. Dont really know who I would take him before in the entire NCAA. Ive peeled stickers off fruit that are more for formidable than him.
So this is just your opinion and nothing else. That's ok because this board allows wild unfounded opinions from. anyone who wants to post no matter how much they know about the subject.

BayonneRay

Coaches are judged by their record, especially in conference play. Willard ,in his 8 years as a head coach has never won a conference championship and he has one winning conference record, his last year at Iona when he finished third. His first two years he finished 7th.

In his tenure at SH he has finished 12th, 10th, 13th, 8th and 7th. He has an overall BE record of 30-60 a .333 winning percentage and in his last 3 years he's even worse at 15 - 39 a .277 winning percentage.

Those are facts , not opinion and are indisputable.

So this is just your opinion and nothing else. That's ok because this board allows wild unfounded opinions from. anyone who wants to post no matter how much they know about the subject.
That's just a dumb comment. Its stupid. Its my opinion and nothing else?? To add to the above, all of his media blunders, ridiculous transfer rate (in and out) and oh yea just made our best transfer of all time...TRANSFER AGAIN, inability to control the lockerroom leading to just as many suspensions and incidents etc (cleaned up the program!), his terrible recruiting record (2016 pipeline looking solid!), oh yea and all of that at a TERRIBLE pricetag!

LOL last 3 years (fully his program) hes got a .277 win %.... and in the New Big East to boot!

Guy is dog doo. Literally. I think its a fact.

W6bTL1U.png

Being a SHU fan is like being a golfer. You go out and shoot a 96 but you remember the one par 3 where you put the ball 4 inches from the cup or the 250 yard drive right down the middle of the fairway. That's what keeps you coming back.

That's just a dumb comment. Its stupid. Its my opinion and nothing else?? To add to the above, all of his media blunders, ridiculous transfer rate (in and out) and oh yea just made our best transfer of all time...TRANSFER AGAIN, inability to control the lockerroom leading to just as many suspensions and incidents etc (cleaned up the program!), his terrible recruiting record (2016 pipeline looking solid!), oh yea and all of that at a TERRIBLE pricetag!

LOL last 3 years (fully his program) hes got a .277 win %.... and in the New Big East to boot!

Guy is dog doo. Literally. I think its a fact.

W6bTL1U.png
Oh great your using Wikipedia to back up your rants. If I had the time I can imagine what I could put on wikipedia about Shuathlete but that would be childish and a complete waste of time. I find it difficult to have an intelligent discussion with someone who uses "dog doo" as part of their conversation. So keep on with your outlandish rants and raves but as for me from now on whenever you post I will think of the depiction of the teacher speaking in the Charlie Brown comics which is "wah wah wah wah....... ".And as for your childish behavior on this board, as the great W.C. Fields said " Get away kid you bother me".

so....you have nothing to dispute the actual hard evidence that proves that KW is a really bad coach and is the reason that the majority understandably expect to once again have a bad season & not make the tourney under him? Thought so.
What's this majority that you allude to. I am just amazed that posters spew out these statements and don't have anything to back it up. Everyone on this board knows of the limited knowledge that you and Shuathlete have when it comes to basketball. So when either of you posts it is either laughed at or completely ignored. As for hard evidence that we will not have a good season next year I am not the amazing Kreskin and I can't predict the future . As the majority of SHU basketball fans know only time and circumstances will tell what will happen. Anyone else who assumes that they can see into the future would be considered as Bugs Bunny would say " a maroon".

Reactions: PirateDave01
One solution is do not read this board and read the Pirate Trove because Shuathlete and BobbieSolo are not members of the Trove.

What's this majority that you allude to. I am just amazed that posters spew out these statements and don't have anything to back it up. Everyone on this board knows of the limited knowledge that you and Shuathlete have when it comes to basketball. So when either of you posts it is either laughed at or completely ignored. As for hard evidence that we will not have a good season next year I am not the amazing Kreskin and I can't predict the future . As the majority of SHU basketball fans know only time and circumstances will tell what will happen. Anyone else who assumes that they can see into the future would be considered as Bugs Bunny would say " a maroon".

BayonneRay
Why is it that when you disagree with a poster's opinion or comment or statement you feel compelled to attack the poster and resort to name-calling instead of either refuting his or her opinion or just saying you disagree with it.

On a separate note I do agree with your comment that no one can predict the future with 100% accuracy but predicting the outcome of a season or individual games is a regular part of being a fan of a particular team and posting their predictions is part of coming to this Board. What I will say about predicting how a season will come out is that the past performance and track record of a coach is a key element in making those predictions and after seeing Kevin's 5 year track record can you realistically blame anyone for predicting doom and gloom?

This board has turned into a joke because of a select few posters. I will not get involved in the B.S.that is posted on this board. I will read the Trove, where there is some basketball information.

Reactions: HALL85
BayonneRay
Why is it that when you disagree with a poster's opinion or comment or statement you feel compelled to attack the poster and resort to name-calling instead of either refuting his or her opinion or just saying you disagree with it.

On a separate note I do agree with your comment that no one can predict the future with 100% accuracy but predicting the outcome of a season or individual games is a regular part of being a fan of a particular team and posting their predictions is part of coming to this Board. What I will say about predicting how a season will come out is that the past performance and track record of a coach is a key element in making those predictions and after seeing Kevin's 5 year track record can you realistically blame anyone for predicting doom and gloom?
I agree that sometimes I get too carried away when I post and for that I apologize to the rest of the posters. But when some people make outlandish statements that have no proof to back them up I will not let them stand as gospel truth. And for all the anti- Willard obsessives the belaboring of the point is like the repeating of a punchline of a bad joke, it will never be funny. If these "majority" posters want to be taken seriously their tune must change because the majority of readers on this board like discussions of SHU and college sports with good interactions with fellow posters. The longer this obsession by these posters the less relevant they become and the fewer people want to participate on this board.

so....you have nothing to dispute the actual hard evidence that proves that KW is a really bad coach and is the reason that the majority understandably expect to once again have a bad season & not make the tourney under him? Thought so.
Do you have proof about what Shuathlete stated that Coach Willard is at the bottom 1% of the ncaa of coaches. That was the statement I objected to. I shall be waiting for your reply, I hope it will be soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT