ADVERTISEMENT

Visitors

I was referencing hallgrad's hard #'s. That's what shows that we should expect nothing but more of the same. And are you really trying to say that you don't think the majority of SHU fans are expecting a bad season? come on now, your blind support is a bit ridiculous.

I was referencing hallgrad's hard #'s. That's what shows that we should expect nothing but more of the same. And are you really trying to say that you don't think the majority of SHU fans are expecting a bad season? come on now, your blind support is a bit ridiculous.
So I see that you don't have the proof. I thought so. And now you can read my mind about the bb program , you do not know anything about me . And stop using the word majority you can't read the minds of all the people who support the SHU program either. Many SHU supporters are looking forward to a successful season, in fact probably a majority of them. So please instead of using the word majority when it comes to your views use the expression "many" , "limited number" or "few".

Reactions: PirateDave01
Your comment "your blind support is a bit ridiculous" has me wondering if you're a troll from someplace other than Seton Hall. Of course I will support SHU and all their programs as due the majority of the posters on this board. If you do not support the SHU program this is not the site for you. That's why this curious comment has me wondering if you're a troll or not.

LOL Bayonne, Willard is Dog Doo. Its a fact.

Youre just another delusional fan that clearly doesnt quite grasp internet message boards.

I use this all the time, but hey lets keep using it. This is probably you after the last Marquette game and when you found out Willard is under contract till 2086.

SBe5ezu.png

LOL Bayonne, Willard is Dog Doo. Its a fact.

Youre just another delusional fan that clearly doesnt quite grasp internet message boards.

I use this all the time, but hey lets keep using it. This is probably you after the last Marquette game and when you found out Willard is under contract till 2086.

SBe5ezu.png
Another assumption on your part and again your wrong ( you got to be tired of being wrong so much). Hey where's that proof about Coach Willard being in the bottom 1% of the NCAA I've been asking you for all weekend the only thing I'm hearing from you is the sound of crickets. And don't worry you know the old adage about the person who assumes too much ( look it up on the internet if you don't)

Another assumption on your part and again your wrong ( you got to be tired of being wrong so much). Hey where's that proof about Coach Willard being in the bottom 1% of the NCAA I've been asking you for all weekend the only thing I'm hearing from you is the sound of crickets. And don't worry you know the old adage about the person who assumes too much ( look it up on the internet if you don't)
Not usually one to defend our resident swimmer, but if one had the time and inclination to look up the conference records of coaches who have been employed by the same school for 5+ years, I'd have to think Willard would fall pretty closely into the bottom 1%

Not usually one to defend our resident swimmer, but if one had the time and inclination to look up the conference records of coaches who have been employed by the same school for 5+ years, I'd have to think Willard would fall pretty closely into the bottom 1%
If you have been following what was posted that was not the assumption I was referring to. Also the the bottom 1% comment did not have any limitations on it , it was meant to include all coaches in the NCAA. And maybe our resident swimmer could take some lessons from you as you gave an opinion and did not state it as something that was factual.

Oh we are talking about him being in the bottom 1%? The fact you defend such a clearly exaggerated statement probably means you might actually think it's true.

Are you taking everything i say as dead fact? You cant decifer the manner in which it's said? Regardless, if like to point out that I'm pretty much always right about anything I've ever said. I'm highly realistic (you call it negative) and oh look our team has been terrible for 5 years with 2 epic collapses. If you're going to call me negative you can't say I've been wrong. Argue and name call all you want the house fire still rages

I'm also picturing you reading that comic and getting so salty. It's quite applicable to some hall fans.

As a Seton Hall fan, all I want to do is win. Whether that is with KW or not I could care less.

How much less? ;-)

(Not directed at JCalz)
Can't Halldan post some information about recruiting without the chorus of "we'll never get any of them?" I think Ray's point was that your opinion is on record, we got it. I think KW needs to go, too. It gets a little tiring reading the same re-hashed "facts" over and over again. Yeah, don't read it if you don't like it -- problem is, every thread is highjacked by 2-3 people who don't know when to shut up.

I'm also picturing you reading that comic and getting so salty. It's quite applicable to some hall fans.
Another wrong assumption you just don't get it and maybe someone should explain it to you. Donnie baseball is right on with his post. Just state your opinion and move on. Don't keep beating a dead horse. Just as the majority of posters want on this board want is for a successful season whoever the coach is.

The time has come to put the bashing of KW aside and get back to talking about the upcoming season and about our recruiting targets for the year and how we think individual players will perform. There used to be a time when those subjects dominated this Board and wouldn't it be a relief if we could get back to that again.

Reactions: knowknow456
The constant negative comments from a select few do drag the Board down and make it less fun for most of us die hard fans.

However, I've adopted a Zen like approach to reading this Board, that being negative comments and opinions only bother me if I let them bother me. In other words, I am just going to ignore the posts from the select few negatoids.

The time has come to put the bashing of KW aside and get back to talking about the upcoming season and about our recruiting targets for the year and how we think individual players will perform. There used to be a time when those subjects dominated this Board and wouldn't it be a relief if we could get back to that again.

Recruiting can't be separated from KW and his status.

Individual player and team performance can be freely discussed.

I disagree. Saying we are in the top 4 or 8 for some coveted recruit does not have to be followed by so many posts saying we don't have a prayer. We all know the score here, but hoping for the best never hurt.

Steve
The problem is that we outsiders don't really know what KW's status is apart from the fact that he's the coach for the 2015/2016 season. For all I know he may have been guaranteed a seventh year and has communicated that to his recruiting targets in the 2016 class.

Steve
The problem is that we outsiders don't really know what KW's status is apart from the fact that he's the coach for the 2015/2016 season. For all I know he may have been guaranteed a seventh year and has communicated that to his recruiting targets in the 2016 class.

See, I am of the opinion that KW has solid support inside the administration and that is being communicated on the recruiting trail. I am not at all convinced he is on the proverbial hot seat.

I don't see why it is so hard for people to separate the recruiting from the coach. It is always implied but personally I don't find it necessary to restate it on each thread. A recruiting target thread should be able to stand on its own at least once in a while.

I do agree with KnowKnow that we ought to be able to discuss a recruiting target w/o factoring in our coach's status. If a recruit places us on his list of schools to consider or pares a list down and we're on it then the discussion should be about that player's talent and where we stand with that player. I take the approach that KW's status has been considered by that player, his family , his coaches and/or advisors and if it hasn't eliminated us from consideration by that player then there's no need to go there.

Who the coach is of any team recruiting a player is always a factor and when there has been discussion of that coach's status it does become an element in any recruits decision but as KnowKnow points out we don't have to constantly regurgitate that if a target chooses to go elsewhere or eliminates us from consideration.

Message boards are what they are. There are rules that need to be followed (ie no personal attacks on other posters). Anything else is fair play. Suggesting that some posters layoff bashing, strikes of censorship. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean that poster has a right to express themselves. Some posters are starting to sound like or thin-skinnned President.

Kevin has earned the posts that are written about him, good and bad.

I think the point being made is that every positive post is followed by the bashing of our coach. That's not only redundant but unnecessary.

There is no need for the same people to poison every thread on the board with the same drivel that we have been reading all spring and summer.

We get it. Willard's record and performance has been bad in his time here. We don't need the same posters reminding us every day since the end of last season's games of the obvious.

Reactions: fdamato22 and HallB
See, I am of the opinion that KW has solid support inside the administration and that is being communicated on the recruiting trail. I am not at all convinced he is on the proverbial hot seat.

I don't see why it is so hard for people to separate the recruiting from the coach. It is always implied but personally I don't find it necessary to restate it on each thread. A recruiting target thread should be able to stand on its own at least once in a while.

I agree with you that Willard has support from the Administration and would not be surprised if Willard is here next year even without a tournament appearance. However, I do not think his status for next year is what is hamstringing him with recruits. Fact of the matter is that he can't recruit period. Without jobs to give away, he has not brought in a top recruit.

How much less? ;-)

(Not directed at JCalz)
Can't Halldan post some information about recruiting without the chorus of "we'll never get any of them?" I think Ray's point was that your opinion is on record, we got it. I think KW needs to go, too. It gets a little tiring reading the same re-hashed "facts" over and over again. Yeah, don't read it if you don't like it -- problem is, every thread is highjacked by 2-3 people who don't know when to shut up.
1. Thank you for being in the small group that uses that phrase correctly.
2. yea yea yea but cman thats a pretty good comic

That's my point Dan. That's your view...maybe others don't share the same view. There are some that are unhappy and feel this is one of a few outlets to voice concerns. I'm not a fan of censorship.

That's my point Dan. That's your view...maybe others don't share the same view. There are some that are unhappy and feel this is one of a few outlets to voice concerns. I'm not a fan of censorship.
I share Dan's view and have come to the board much less than ever because all I see is the same shit day after day bashing the coach. I totally get it but it has gotten extremely old. Don't censor yourself but if you don't have anything of value to add and have said it before then my vote is keep it to yourself.

The word is not censorship. It's redundancy. How many times can you say the exact same thing before it loses its meaning?

Most here agree with your sentiment. In fact I think the agreement would be a landslide if a vote was taken. But when does enough become enough?

Reactions: cubbob
The word is not censorship. It's redundancy. How many times can you say the exact same thing before it loses its meaning?

Most here agree with your sentiment. In fact I think the agreement would be a landslide if a vote was taken. But when does enough become enough?

Amen. KW has obviously done a bad job. Can we just stipulate that fact so that this board can become readable again?

BobbieSolo and Shuathlete are like broken records. Most Seton Hall fans on this board are tired of them posting the same thing over and over!

It IS about censorship and freedom of speech. There are many posters here that beat a drum about certain topics. There are posters that beat a drum regarding religious beliefs, political views, and blind love or hate for Willard. You can hit the ignore button for a specific poster or choose not to read what offends you but you should never tell a poster what they can or cannot post. I am not going to speak for those posters but maybe they feel this is an outlet to keep reminding our administration and AD about how badly our program is performing. When we start deciding which opinions should be restricted or banned we might as well all move to North Korea.

When discussing a certain topic and some posters start repeating their same rant over and over instead of staying on topic, this adds nothing to an intelligent discussion and ruins the board for the majority of the posters. This is not a matter of freedom of speech. Pete and repeat were sitting on a fence, pete fell off, who was left- repeat. Get the point!!!

When discussing a certain topic and some posters start repeating their same rant over and over instead of staying on topic, this adds nothing to an intelligent discussion and ruins the board for the majority of the posters. This is not a matter of freedom of speech. Pete and repeat were sitting on a fence, pete fell off, who was left- repeat. Get the point!!!
I submit exhibit number one that proves my case… LOL

I agree with you that Willard has support from the Administration and would not be surprised if Willard is here next year even without a tournament appearance. However, I do not think his status for next year is what is hamstringing him with recruits. Fact of the matter is that he can't recruit period. Without jobs to give away, he has not brought in a top recruit.

The biggest question is what does the administration think is acceptable for the '15-16 season. Is it NCAA tourney or bust (which I personally think it should be)? If we make the NIT is that considered enough improvement in their eyes to warrant Willard another year here. To me right now, this doesn't look like a tourney team. We could may be an NIT squad but is that making everyone excited? How much more money is owed is on his deal? We have heard so many different extensions have or haven't happened. Who knows? Is Lyons the one who makes the call on this or are there other 'higher powers' that make this decision? I think this is what makes this so frustrating.

If you guys could make it through last season how the heck cant you make it through our posts? Was the constant double digit losses and crying players not worse? Without that one creighton game it was literally the same thing over and over and over. You guys LOVE looking at the dead horse being beaten. Dont know how you all watched that coward ditch his crying players the last game of the season and dont say the same stuff i say. Maybe im just tryna make the board be as unreadable as our games are unwatchable. The real answer is no, but thats a fun narrative.

Reactions: SPK145
The effectiveness of any opinion is greatly diminished and can relegate it to the trash bin when it is repeated over and over with no new facts to support its position and that, is in MHO where we are on discussing KW now . If we have another flop in our early signing period, lose games in our OOC schedule that we shouldn't, have continued locker room issues , have a losing conference record then those type of events are certainly legitimate topics for discussion and it's appropriate to have an open season debate on who's responsible and what that person's future at SH should be.

The effectiveness of any opinion is greatly diminished and can relegate it to the trash bin when it is repeated over and over with no new facts to support its position
FALSE. Since its already been proven in numerous ways, the only way it can be diminished or relegated to trash is if there is perhaps a shred of evidence to prove otherwise. You dont need more of the same evidence. We have our reality, you must prove the opposite. Unless you think posting up shop in the Big East gutter is good. Then i wish i lived in your world.

Even im bored of this convo now. Yikes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT