ADVERTISEMENT

Willard/Pitt

Not surprising. You don’t want to be left without the chair when the music stops.

I just got a text from a Pitt friend that Willard's people reached out to Pitt. Guess it is like Holy Cross round two.

Reactions: Piratefan2009
I still don’t think Kevin is a big enough name for Pitt . With names like Sean Miller, Thad Matta and now Frank Martin being floated I see Kevin as a last resort if they can’t attract one of their big name targets. If it’s Kevin’s people that reached out to Pitt it means that Pitt didn’t reach out to him which would have happened if they saw him as a viable candidate.

If Kevin did that I know he went there but they are doomed for quite a while, can't we have a Jay Wright who is comfy and happy, our conference is damn good, our future is damn good... He has his comfort zone here, if he did leave I want Holloway in charge, believe me he knows what he is doing

Michael Kay just commented that Hurley is still considering the UConn job, has not taken it yet and he would advise Hurley to not take either UConn or Pitt.

If Kevin did that I know he went there but they are doomed for quite a while, can't we have a Jay Wright who is comfy and happy, our conference is damn good, our future is damn good... He has his comfort zone here, if he did leave I want Holloway in charge, believe me he knows what he is doing

I'm sorry there is no comfort zone here. Every time things aren't peaches and cream we have dumbass fans calling for him to lose his job. In the money war in college athletics we will lose every time. We can't afford to act like our job is the Kentucky job. We have to pay what we can and provide the comfort zone you speak of. In my mind calling for someone's job after winning a BET or making the dance 2 years in a row is a lack of loyalty. Why should any coach show loyalty back? If Willard takes the Pitt job, there will be a 1,000 more questions ahead. Does Powell follow? Does Cale follow? Do Rhoden and Nelson get out of their committments? I hope like hell he stays here and things progress.

Reactions: MBDuncan and shu09
I'm sorry there is no comfort zone here. Every time things aren't peaches and cream we have dumbass fans calling for him to lose his job. In the money war in college athletics we will lose every time. We can't afford to act like our job is the Kentucky job. We have to pay what we can and provide the comfort zone you speak of. In my mind calling for someone's job after winning a BET or making the dance 2 years in a row is a lack of loyalty. Why should any coach show loyalty back? If Willard takes the Pitt job, there will be a 1,000 more questions ahead. Does Powell follow? Does Cale follow? Do Rhoden and Nelson get out of their committments? I hope like hell he stays here and things progress.

If he thinks it’s bad here just wait until younger somewhere 2-3x the size.

Jamie Dixon says hello.

If he thinks it’s bad here just wait until younger somewhere 2-3x the size.

Jamie Dixon says hello.

Do you really think he cares once he's got a $10 million buyout. Someone's going to pay you $10 million to go spend time with your kids!!!! Okay where do I sign up for that. He'll let us all know which Carribbean islands are the best to stay at for a month at a time. He can walk into work daily saying I dare you guys to fire me. LOL

His alarm clock, like Kevin Stallings, will sing I got a golden ticket song from Willy Wonka every morning.

I dont think we would lose anyone, I think Shaheen has alot to do with these guards coming in, Powell is not going anywhere

We can have a Jay Wright kind of guy that will stick around if Shaheen is that guy. The question is......is Shaheen the guy? How much responsibility for subpar recruiting was Kevin? Guess we may get a chance to find out. If Shaheen goes to Pitt with Willard, do we do the smart thing and hire an alumnus' son and take Brandin Knight?

We can have a Jay Wright kind of guy that will stick around if Shaheen is that guy. The question is......is Shaheen the guy? How much responsibility for subpar recruiting was Kevin? Guess we may get a chance to find out. If Shaheen goes to Pitt with Willard, do we do the smart thing and hire an alumnus' son and take Brandin Knight?

Let’s play hypothetical and say Willard goes to Pitt. First call I’d make is Musselman at Nevada. I think he be perfect fit here. Players love him.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
I think if he did bolt, Shaheen would get the nod, hes done this assistant thing long enough now he knows how to relate to players too, has the resume, seems like his name of often mentioned as well

Reactions: lokiSHU
I think he will be back but this would be an ideal time to check out other options. Not surprised by it. Tournament win and four top players graduating. Plus a pending investigation.

This. I’d be surprised if he actually left (not so I want to see him leave), but now is the ideal time to leverage your future.

Reactions: Jerry1992
If shu wanted to pay 2.5 mil a season I am sure it could

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
I’m confused. We are criticizing SHU fans for criticizing him, but if he gets a big buyout it won’t matter if Pitt fans criticize him?

If SHU fans were nicer he’d stay?
You obviously missed my point. Coaches in general can care less if fans criticize them. But the business side of this is if your standards are as high as Pitt, pay me like Pitt. If you don't I might as well go to Pitt. Jamie Dixon is the prime example of people not appreciating a good thing.

If we do take on Sha as our next HC I sure as hell hope he's ready to match wits with Wright, Cooley, Mack, McDermott, and Ewing.

I can't see him going to Pitt unless they throw A LOT of money at him as they are a long, long way from being competitive.

You obviously missed my point. Coaches in general can care less if fans criticize them. But the business side of this is if your standards are as high as Pitt, pay me like Pitt. If you don't I might as well go to Pitt. Jamie Dixon is the prime example of people not appreciating a good thing.

If we do take on Sha as our next HC I sure as hell hope he's ready to match wits with Wright, Cooley, Mack, McDermott, and Ewing.

Willard has not been pleased with this website. He has cared for sure.

But the inverse isn’t true on that because I don’t think it’s about anything other than money. If our standards were less and he was treated like a prince, he’d turn down a substantial pay increase?

Stallings was at about $2.3M/year, I believe.

I want Willard to stick around. I also want Sha to stick around. However, if Willard leaves, it would be understandable considering Pitt is his Alma Mater. It wouldn’t be the worst thing and we could keep all of ours players if Sha gets the job.

Willard would get a long leash at Pitt again, just like he got here. And his bank account would make him happy. The core four is gone, now is the time to high tail it out of here. Cant wait to see what happens.

Reactions: mbraue and Piratz

But the inverse isn’t true on that because I don’t think it’s about anything other than money. If our standards were less and he was treated like a prince, he’d turn down a substantial pay increase?

Willard has not been pleased about how this website attacked his players. I don't ever recall him publicly making a big deal of how he is treated on here.

If there was job security and people not calling for his job over every 2 game losing streak maybe he might turn down the pay increase. People turn down pay increases when they are happy and comfortable where they are at. With that being said he still may be comfortable here, despite the brilliant minds that call for his firing. But we're Seton Hall, not Kentucky, we're stupid not to embrace any coach who takes us to 3 straight dances. Otherwise we can go back to searching for those hidden gems like Gonzo.

If he hates this website, hope he's not reading Twitter. Most Pitt fans are on suicide watch at the fact that he's in the running

Whatever happens I'm OK with it. Willard has earned the right to do whatever he wants.

If he stays - Good. I think we are in good hands.
If he leaves - I'll be happy for him and I'll be happy for Shaheen to get promoted.

Willard has not been pleased about how this website attacked his players. I don't ever recall him publicly making a big deal of how he is treated on here.

If there was job security and people not calling for his job over every 2 game losing streak maybe he might turn down the pay increase. People turn down pay increases when they are happy and comfortable where they are at. With that being said he still may be comfortable here, despite the brilliant minds that call for his firing. But we're Seton Hall, not Kentucky, we're stupid not to embrace any coach who takes us to 3 straight dances. Otherwise we can go back to searching for those hidden gems like Gonzo.

Seton Hall has been absolutely supportive and accommodating to Willard. He was given a longer leash than he’d get anywhere else, including at Pitt where the money does talk from boosters. Not as much of that here.

The first 5 years were bad yet they gave him another chance. So let’s not paint him out to be some victim or Seton Hall to be harder than anywhere else on their coaches. Most fans here praise and criticize.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT