ADVERTISEMENT

Haley Endorsement

Really? Because if you’re peddling that the border is secure so people may ignore the severity while known terrorists and drugs are flowing in?
It depends. Everything needs context. If a conspiracy theory or lie hurts every day people, then the person pushing that conspiracy theory or lie is worse.

Measles for example is coming back because people are buying into anti-government conspiracies which are far more dangerous than someone saying "the border is closed”
Reactions: bac2therac

Stephon Castle

Agree on Castle but not Karabin. Dre outplayed him significantly in both of our match ups this year.

You really can't discount the advantage these guys have playing with a skilled 7'2" center.

Agree that Davis played well in both UCONN games, but Karabin appears as mid-ish second rounder in NBA mock drafts. Dre is nowhere to be seen.
Karaban is a 39% three-point shooter over two years at UConn and almost 49% overall.

That's 49% while taking nearly six of every 10 shots from beyond the arc.

He'll make a living in the NBA some day.
Reactions: CL82

Was Kevin Willard always like this?

Two years in at Maryland and we're ready to launch this loser into the sun.

Play on a Saturday after losing on Thursday? The schedule is unfair - too quick of a turnaround
Play on a Saturday after losing on Sunday? The schedule is unfair - too long of a layoff

This dude lost at Michigan State on a Saturday, flew home to Maryland and lost to Rutgers on Tuesday, and complained about the travel. Rutgers played at Michigan on the same Saturday and then had to go to Maryland!

He runs no offense, he's lifeless on the sideline, and he blames everyone but himself after losses. He surrounded Jahmir Young with the 348th-best shooting team in the country, then throws Young under the bus after he couldn't single-handedly win a game for him.

I read this forum during the coaching change and all of last season. You all said the honeymoon act would wear off quickly and it did. He was all smiles, kissing babies, and pandering to the fan base for the first six months or so. Now he's sending assistants to do his weekly radio spots because he doesn't want to answer softballs from the team's play-by-play guy.

(I know a lot of you are sick of the Willard talk and have moved on, but this is therapeutic. This thread is for Haters Only™)
Double00, is that you?

Haley Endorsement

Is it worse to raise a conspiracy theory or repeat a complete lie or use terms like “follow the science” when it proves to be false.

It depends. Everything needs context. If a conspiracy theory or lie hurts every day people, then the person pushing that conspiracy theory or lie is worse.

Measles for example is coming back because people are buying into anti-government conspiracies which are far more dangerous than someone saying "the border is closed”

Haley Endorsement

He peddles conspiracy theories. I don't care if you believe them or not, but they are conspiracy theories.

Every single person here believes some conspiracy theory. Us discussing them here is very different than supporting someone for president who is pushing them.

Leaders need to be careful with how they talk about things because the public might not understand the nuances. It will absolutely get to a point where public health is hurt because of some idiot pushing conspiracy theories... like measles making a comeback for example.
Kamala Harris peddles conspiracy theories that are far more threatening to the health of this nation

Haley Endorsement

Politicians operate on fear tactics. Is it worse to raise a conspiracy theory or repeat a complete lie or use terms like “follow the science” when it proves to be false.

I may or may not disagree with a theory that someone like RFK may post, but we can judge the degree of how provocative he may be.

But another politician can state a complete lie (like the border is secure), and that’s okay? Who is more dangerous?
trump is the most dangerous. i mean thats not even debatable.
  • Haha
Reactions: bac2therac

Haley Endorsement

The Super Bowl commercial was a updated version of when JFK ran. It's pretty easy to figure that one out.

Unfortunately for him, he has spasmodic dysphonia which makes it difficult to speak and be understood. He has a lot of different views, some of which are provocative. But let's be real...some of the views of Biden and Trump have turned out to be wrong as well.
i know it was an old jfk commerical. and it was a ridiculous and he had to apologize to his family for it.

at least with the other two it's the devil you know

The Nova Hex

absolutely cannot play wusu for this game. theyre not going to play him. theyll just press richmond and dawes for 40 mins until the game is over.

the hope, as always, is that they simply don't hit their shots. if they hit their shots it's also over because their halfcourt defense kills us.

if he does play wusu i think my strategy woupd be to draw as many fouls as possible and turn it into a free throw fest. like our only tournament win vs nc stats. we can maybe win a ft contest

Was Kevin Willard always like this?

Two years in at Maryland and we're ready to launch this loser into the sun.

Play on a Saturday after losing on Thursday? The schedule is unfair - too quick of a turnaround
Play on a Saturday after losing on Sunday? The schedule is unfair - too long of a layoff

This dude lost at Michigan State on a Saturday, flew home to Maryland and lost to Rutgers on Tuesday, and complained about the travel. Rutgers played at Michigan on the same Saturday and then had to go to Maryland!

He runs no offense, he's lifeless on the sideline, and he blames everyone but himself after losses. He surrounded Jahmir Young with the 348th-best shooting team in the country, then throws Young under the bus after he couldn't single-handedly win a game for him.

I read this forum during the coaching change and all of last season. You all said the honeymoon act would wear off quickly and it did. He was all smiles, kissing babies, and pandering to the fan base for the first six months or so. Now he's sending assistants to do his weekly radio spots because he doesn't want to answer softballs from the team's play-by-play guy.

(I know a lot of you are sick of the Willard talk and have moved on, but this is therapeutic. This thread is for Haters Only™)
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT