ADVERTISEMENT

$75,225 and counting

I don't understand why all the energy is going to try to raise a few dollars here instead of trying to fight/beg/steal our way into this new tournament with millions of dollars on the line. Rutgers and St Johns are in talks but no SHU? Why?

I don't understand why all the energy is going to try to raise a few dollars here instead of trying to fight/beg/steal our way into this new tournament with millions of dollars on the line. Rutgers and St Johns are in talks but no SHU? Why?

They could and should honestly do both but my guess would be that Seton Hall wants to wait a few years to see how it works out for everyone else first, just like we did with NIL to begin with. You can’t set your program back three years if you jump on opportunities right away!

I am absolutely blown away.

Yesterday morning Mike Walsh called me and wanted to push to reach the target of $60K. He'll explain later today or tomorrow why. That meant we needed about $4K and the way the last couple of days went I told him maybe by the end of the tournament at MSG. Mike was a little more optimistic, but not by a lot.

Well, last night well after I got off my computer we got a massive donation from Fabio Frisoli. And understand Fabio had already given $500 prior. How massive? $3K. That along with another donation from Richard Levy put us over the financial hump in less than 12 hours after Mike and I spoke.

I can't thank Fabio and all our other donors enough. And as promised I will post this link at the top of the board each day but I will now leave it up to our loyal readers to donate as they see fit. No more begging. LOL

You guys are this amazing: $70,228 (with the match) in only 21 days.

They could and should honestly do both but my guess would be that Seton Hall wants to wait a few years to see how it works out for everyone else first, just like we did with NIL to begin with. You can’t set your program back three years if you jump on opportunities right away!
The negativity never ends.

Well done everyone - lets really stay positive here on all these efforts.

If you have a great idea and really want to drive it you should ping Mike Walsh or even Mike Mcbride for that matter. Message boards are a life blood for many of us (funny for chatter) but when it comes to fundraising it takes all hands on deck. My point, even if you can't help financially rather than complain here about what the team is not doing go ahead and volunteer to help and invest some of your time.

#hallin

Well done everyone - lets really stay positive here on all these efforts.

If you have a great idea and really want to drive it you should ping Mike Walsh or even Mike Mcbride for that matter. Message boards are a life blood for many of us (funny for chatter) but when it comes to fundraising it takes all hands on deck. My point, even if you can't help financially rather than complain here about what the team is not doing go ahead and volunteer to help and invest some of your time.

#hallin
Some of these ideas are great. But I’m not seeing the posters names associated with the ideas actually doing anything more than making a post. Mike Walsh backs his ideas up with action and hard work. He makes things happen by sticking to his plan. I have tremendous respect for his efforts and dedication . Thank you Mike ….. and Dan who are both amazing !! And congratulations on the success of the campaign!

This is just one of many things in the works. And we have to do much more than just $700K.

But because of you guys and gals this adds to the financial pot.

Reactions: garyshu71
The negativity never ends.
You call it negativity, I call it honesty. We need to be leaders, not followers. What’s the tagline the university will use? Where Leaders Learn? We need those leaders working our fundraising efforts. We currently do not have that. We have university employees who are seemingly afraid of success and who are followers, not leaders. Our NIL situation has gotten better but we are still behind because Seton Hall is happy to watch what others do and then consider following suit. If you sit and watch what others are doing instead of making the effort yourself you will get passed by.

Thank God for volunteers like Mike Walsh. The man works miracles. Mike does not take no for an answer and makes things happen. He gets everyone involved, large and small donors alike. The university likes to cater to a small handful of large donors and that’s about it.

Sorry if you think I’m being negative I just have much higher aspirations for Seton Hall as a whole than you might. I believe Seton Hall can succeed at a much higher level and should never settle for second best.

Reactions: CaptBob
Some of these ideas are great. But I’m not seeing the posters names associated with the ideas actually doing anything more than making a post. Mike Walsh backs his ideas up with action and hard work. He makes things happen by sticking to his plan. I have tremendous respect for his efforts and dedication . Thank you Mike ….. and Dan who are both amazing !! And congratulations on the success of the campaign!
It may be that you don’t know the match between screen names here and names of donors.

Last edited:
You call it negativity, I call it honesty. We need to be leaders, not followers. What’s the tagline the university will use? Where Leaders Learn? We need those leaders working our fundraising efforts. We currently do not have that. We have university employees who are seemingly afraid of success and who are followers, not leaders. Our NIL situation has gotten better but we are still behind because Seton Hall is happy to watch what others do and then consider following suit. If you sit and watch what others are doing instead of making the effort yourself you will get passed by.

Thank God for volunteers like Mike Walsh. The man works miracles. Mike does not take no for an answer and makes things happen. He gets everyone involved, large and small donors alike. The university likes to cater to a small handful of large donors and that’s about it.

Sorry if you think I’m being negative I just have much higher aspirations for Seton Hall as a whole than you might. I believe Seton Hall can succeed at a much higher level and should never settle for second best.
I would hate to be in St. John’s and Villanova’s position. :rolleyes:

You should probably double or even triple that number.
Just referring to these campaigns for which they are raising funds. If they could do a few of them a year. I’m sure there are numerous other avenues with which they are searching for funds

Last edited:
Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Well done Mike and Dan and Gary and all the donors! No one can say Pirate Crew doesn't put their money where their mouth is.

Let's celebrate this and keep moving forward. I can't recall this campaign last year so we are better today than we were last year right in time for Sha to do some recruiting. Let's celebrate this and do more as well! Congrats to all!

That article mentions teams are restricted to 1 NIL Tournament per year.

Can't wait for someone to sue the NCAA on that one (sarcasm)... it'll end the NCAA tourney as we know it. Hell, it'll end conferences as we know them.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptBob
That article mentions teams are restricted to 1 NIL Tournament per year.

Can't wait for someone to sue the NCAA on that one (sarcasm)... it'll end the NCAA tourney as we know it. Hell, it'll end conferences as we know them.
Actually what it says is that teams are limited to one multi-team event (MTE) per year. Think Maui or Atlantis or one of the many other Thanksgiving time events (our SD tournament this season). The piece mentions that teams that have made commitments would have to get out of them to participate in this event.

This would be one more MTE. Current MTE rules also limit teams to one appearance in a specific tournament every four years.

For the record we are currently scheduled to be in Charleston in 2024 for the Charleston Classic which is played on the Thursday-Sunday prior to Thanksgiving.

Again, we would have to renege on that agreement to be part of this. That's moot though because we would never be invited over most of the schools that are being discussed in year one -- add in that conferences are limited to one team in any MTE.

Actually what it says is that teams are limited to one multi-team event (MTE) per year. Think Maui or Atlantis or one of the many other Thanksgiving time events (our SD tournament this season). The piece mentions that teams that have made commitments would have to get out of them to participate in this event.

This would be one more MTE. Current MTE rules also limit teams to one appearance in a specific tournament every four years.

For the record we are currently scheduled to be in Charleston in 2024 for the Charleston Classic which is played on the Thursday-Sunday prior to Thanksgiving.

Again, we would have to renege on that agreement to be part of this. That's moot though because we would never be invited over most of the schools that are being discussed in year one -- add in that conferences are limited to one team in any MTE.
If we have a prior commitment that’s one thing. Otherwise there’s no reason why we shouldn’t be invited to such an event.

• Haha
Reactions: TheHall87
Still at $70,742 as we didn't get any donations yesterday.

I know everyone here is down after the no show at the Garden, But take into consideration that this team has 5 Big East player and absolutely no bench. It's been like that all year and the starters are understanbly worn down. If they are not playing their A game against quality competition the result is predictable. They get blown out as we have seen far too often this year.

When you have no bench eventually the starters get both mentally and physically fatigued and the result is low IQ BB trying to get back into the game, poor defense and issues on the glass.

What Holloway has done with this team is absolutely amazing. But eventually not having enough players because we can't properly fund NIL is going to destroy the program.

We have just until Sunday with this match. Please don't stop now and don't let others carry the burden.

We must all do our part. Let's try for $75K.

Reactions: HallX2
Unfortunately we haven't had a donation for 2 days now. First time that has happened.

We only have 2 days to go and it's going to be difficult to hit $75K but you guys have fooled me before.

$70,742

Remember the season we just had. Remember how a prediction of 9th turned into a 13-7 Big East record.

This is a great way to ensure that happens in the future as well.

Shaheen Holloway needs our help. No one cares more about Seton Hall than he does. Please don't disappoint him.

Unfortunately we haven't had a donation for 2 days now. First time that has happened.

We only have 2 days to go and it's going to be difficult to hit $75K but you guys have fooled me before.

$70,742

Remember the season we just had. Remember how a prediction of 9th turned into a 13-7 Big East record.

This is a great way to ensure that happens in the future as well.

Shaheen Holloway needs our help. No one cares more about Seton Hall than he does. Please don't disappoint him.
Hope the loss to St. Johns did not affect the donations but may have .

LIke you haven't done enough already. Can't thank you enough.

Doesn't look like we will hit $75K as this is the last day of the Match. But maybe a few more people will follow your lead.

$71,242

Reactions: silkcitypirate
If we somehow get a bid today, can we get 38 people to put up another $100 each?

$71,272 to date

The Match hasn't closed yet. I assume Mike will post details but until then please, please, please help out.

The portal opens today and we badly need the money to restock our roster next season.

Reactions: setonball46
Guys, were a little more than $2K from hitting $75,000.

Remember how you felt at the buzzer last night. NIT or not the gym was loud and proud.

Let's say thank you to this squad and most of all to Sha. No one cares more than Shaheen Holloway. Can't we thank him just a little by reaching into our wallets and donating just a few bucks?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT