ADVERTISEMENT

After This Win, We Control Our Own Destiny

If we drop 2 this week and then lose to Nova, we'll be back on the bubble.
I have a good feeling we can steal one of those next two but, even if we lose both, we’ll be out for blood and seeing red against Nova and I think that is the right attitude to finally end our losing streak against them. I‘m not thinking this team is gonna give up three in a row right now. They are showing us more than that. However, that’s just my take. I just think, as of now, we’re well ahead of most of the bubble teams and only need to worry about just moving forward.

I have a good feeling we can steal one of those next two but, even if we lose both, we’ll be out for blood and seeing seeing red against Nova and I think that is the right attitude to finally end our losing streak against them. I‘m not thinking this team is gonna give up three in a row right now. They are showing us more than that. However, that’s just my take. I just think, as of now, we’re well ahead of most of the bubble teams and only need to worry about just moving forward.
I would love to see us beat Creighton. That would be good sports revenge and lock up a bid for us.

Then go into Uconn with lots of confidence.

Nova is a tough team that we dont seem to match up well with. They went toe to toe with UConn until their 2nd half collapse tonight.

I would love to see us beat Creighton. That would be good sports revenge and lock up a bid for us.

Then go into Uconn with lots of confidence.

Nova is a tough team that we dont seem to match up well with. They went toe to toe with UConn until their 2nd half collapse tonight.
That’s the one I’m hoping we’ll get - at Creighton. We owe them after what happened here. Just have to hope they are not “on” from three on the 28th. If we were to pull that out, I feel like there would be little doubt we’ll be dancing.

The next three games are now all win-and-in. Must win one of them. Lose all three and we'll be sweating all through championship week.
seems bad optics, but overall body of work 3 losses against these teams is really not that bad at all in reality

Reactions: LBP43
Great game tonight. And what a job by Sha to have this team at 18-9, 11-5. Wow. Been a fun ride after the depression in December.

House money the next two… How about we win one?

We need to beat Nova It’s time.

I am concerned the bubble is stronger than normal this year.

19-12 (12-8) is going to require a win at MSG and I think we will still be swearing it out on the wrong side of it all.

Go hold your home court.
12-8 plus a win at msg would be insane considering it would be a round 2 win. if they don't get in, then time to quit being a shu fan cause they'll never get in at that point

12-8 plus a win at msg would be insane considering it would be a round 2 win. if they don't get in, then time to quit being a shu fan cause they'll never get in at that point

Why? It's 8-8 for all intents and purposes. Georgetown and DePaul are that bad. They're useless. Need to get to 13-7.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Really good bubble results overall for Seton Hall today as well.

New Mexico lost at home to an awful Air Force team
Virginia lost at home to UNC
Texas A&M lost by 35 to Tennessee
Villanova lost by 24 to UConn
Utah lost by 24 to Colorado
Cincinnati lost by 18 to TCU
Oregon lost to Cal

The only bubble teams that won were Seton Hall, Wake Forest, Gonzaga, and Kansas State (they're on the fringe).

Nova game set for the dreaded 6:30 Wednesday night tip time. Let’s see if the professors give the students the night off. :cool:

I have a good feeling we can steal one of those next two but, even if we lose both, we’ll be out for blood and seeing red against Nova and I think that is the right attitude to finally end our losing streak against them. I‘m not thinking this team is gonna give up three in a row right now. They are showing us more than that. However, that’s just my take. I just think, as of now, we’re well ahead of most of the bubble teams and only need to worry about just moving forward.
To beat Nova we're going to have to defend the 3 much better than tonight.

Been saying for a while Seton Hall will get it because of accumulated wins. That's our road in. This win was huge tonight. The odds are we will lose the next two. However, how we lose can really help the perception. Can we win one of these two? Why not? What is going to hurt is the outside shooting and bench production. Take your best shot at punching your ticket by Wednesday or next Sunday at UConn. Creighton will only have one good practice day. So maybe this is the one to steal?? Sha cannot allow us to lose by 25 points or anything like that in either game. Also, besides getting into Tournament no reason we have to be saddled into the Dayton scenario. Screw that.

Why? It's 8-8 for all intents and purposes. Georgetown and DePaul are that bad. They're useless. Need to get to 13-7.
Yes, but every team gets those four wins so we’re ahead of every BE team except the top three. And CU is not ahead of us at this moment. At 12-8, they’re not taking PC ahead of SHU.

The team we need to beat is Nova. Obviously DePaul as well. But 2-2 over next 4 gets us in Imo.

Reactions: PROF Ed
We control our own destiny is right…

Beating DePaul is a must.

Getting one vs CU, NOVA or UConn is a must. If we lose all 3 we’re at the mercy of the bubble teams. Can’t consider yourself a lock at 19-12 with a low net.
Tall task for this team to win at creighton or uconn just too streaky and inconsistent. The team is not as good as beating uconn and marquette at home or as bad as no showing nova and xavier on the road

Here is the deal, most brackets have us as last 4 in right now so you CANNOT lose 3 straight (even though 2 would be creighton and uconn) and be in the field. We MUST WIN 2

We could use a signature road win give our non-conference resume is in taters and is what is blocking us from moving up further. Our best right now is Providence.

I don't like the game at Creighton, but I'm intrigued to see us play Connecticut again.

Reactions: shu09
If in fact it is Spring Break then some serious marketing skills should be initiated. Have student tickets go to High School students in Essex, Union and other counties have 11 days to work on this. I was at the Nova debacle a couple of weeks ago and their student section is electrifying.

If in fact it is Spring Break then some serious marketing skills should be initiated. Have student tickets go to High School students in Essex, Union and other counties have 11 days to work on this. I was at the Nova debacle a couple of weeks ago and their student section is electrifying.
Seton Hall spring break: March 4-9

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Yes, but every team gets those four wins so we’re ahead of every BE team except the top three. And CU is not ahead of us at this moment. At 12-8, they’re not taking PC ahead of SHU.

Remember, Seton Hall has zilch on its non-conference resume. That necessitates a higher bar to clear than some other Big East teams, hence 13-7.

Remember, Seton Hall has zilch on its non-conference resume. That necessitates a higher bar to clear than some other Big East teams, hence 13-7.
Losing to USC, Iowa and Rutgers…eye eye eye…what a turn around

other conferences dont have pushovers? see louisville lately?

None of the other power conferences have two teams rated nearly as bad as DePaul and Georgetown. Here are the KenPom rankings of all power conference teams #100 or worse:

DePaul: 306
-----------------
Louisville: 192
Georgetown: 189
---------------------
Oregon State: 153
Missouri: 147
West Virginia: 141
Georgia Tech: 139
Notre Dame: 136
---------------------
Arkansas: 116
Arizona State: 115
Michigan: 112
Indiana: 107
Stanford: 106
California: 104
USC: 101
Oklahoma State: 100

As you can see, there are a few tiers here. BE has one very bad team and one historically bad team dragging it down. Louisville is the only other power conference team in the same breath. No other conference has two teams this brutal. DePaul alone might be the worst power conference team in history.

None of the other power conferences have two teams rated nearly as bad as DePaul and Georgetown. Here are the KenPom rankings of all power conference teams #100 or worse:

DePaul: 306
-----------------
Louisville: 192
Georgetown: 189
---------------------
Oregon State: 153
Missouri: 147
West Virginia: 141
Georgia Tech: 139
Notre Dame: 136
---------------------
Arkansas: 116
Arizona State: 115
Michigan: 112
Indiana: 107
Stanford: 106
California: 104
USC: 101
Oklahoma State: 100

As you can see, there are a few tiers here. BE has one very bad team and one historically bad team dragging it down. Louisville is the only other power conference team in the same breath. No other conference has two teams this brutal. DePaul alone might be the worst power conference team in history.
So than shouldn’t you just “negate” 2 which would put us at a hypothetical 10-8..not sure why you would only negate Georgetown and not the bad teams in other conferences as in your analysis they are normal bad

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT