ADVERTISEMENT

Airport Experience

cernjSHU

All World
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2001
First time traveling and masks are required in the airport and during the flight at all times in between sips and bites.

This is ridiculous. I am now a firm believer of CoVid passports. Why vaccinated people should suffer wearing a mask due to people who don’t want to get vaccinated. Either get Vaxed or don’t get on a plane. Or only unvaxed people should wear the masks.

Pot meet kettle. Ironic that you complain about other people complaining lol.

I flew twice during the "pandemic." Never got sick, sat shoulder to shoulder with people on the planes. You are correct that requiring masks at this point is pointless, but that's government for you. There is no reason for any restrictions anywhere at this point. Anyone who wants the vaccine has had plenty of opportunity to get it. Those who don't assume the risk of getting ill and we have the hospital capacity to treat them. End of story. But no, government loves a crisis and will milk it as long as possible.

Reactions: SHUSA
I'm not afraid of the virus, am vaccinated and hate masks. As a frequent traveler for years I understand why airports and airlines require masks at this time. Airports are receiving lots of passengers from international countries where conditions (infections, access to vaccines and fewer vaccinated) may not be as they are here in the US. People land from a flight from another country and then hop on another domestic flight every day all day long. Airlines and airports don't make the laws on international travel so it is in their best interest legally to take what they think may be reasonable precautions (whether masks work or not) until the conditions in the rest of the world improve. And airlines don't want to be the vaccination police - they want to get the folks in and get em out. Imagine the ruckus caused at every airport for each passenger they have to deny because they don't have their vax passport? Lots of variables so their legal and risk assessment teams will most likely advise requiring masks for some time. If you want to fly that is where things are at. Like it or not get used to it.

Last edited:
Exactly, it's a federal government/TSA thing. Complaints should be directed that way.

What I don't understand is the many numbers of people who have taken the vaccine and are still 1) afraid of the virus and/or 2) demand that people either get the vaccine or we keep restrictions in place. If you had the vaccine and hopefully didn't suffer any severe side effects (that's a different topic), you have nothing to worry about. Stop trying to control other people's lives.

I'm not afraid of the virus, am vaccinated and hate masks. As a frequent traveler for years I understand why airports and airlines require masks at this time. Airports are receiving lots of passengers from international countries where conditions (infections, access to vaccines and fewer vaccinated) may not be as they are here in the US. People land from a flight from another country and then hop on another domestic flight every day all day long. Airlines and airports don't make the laws on international travel so it is in their best interest legally to take what they think may be reasonable precautions (whether masks work or not) until the conditions in the rest of the world improve. And airlines don't want to be the vaccination police - they want to get the folks in and get em out. Imagine the ruckus caused at every airport for each passenger they have to deny because they don't have their vax passport? Lots of variables so their legal and risk assessment teams will most likely advise requiring masks for some time. If you want to fly that is where things are at. Like it or not get used to it.

Just flew for the first time since it started. Masks are annoying but not really a big deal. Probably just window dressing at this point. Most who took Covid seriously are probably vaccinated, and those who didn’t are probably wearing the most breathable mask they can find and wearing it below their nose.

Reactions: Section112
First time traveling and masks are required in the airport and during the flight at all times in between sips and bites.

This is ridiculous. I am now a firm believer of CoVid passports. Why vaccinated people should suffer wearing a mask due to people who don’t want to get vaccinated. Either get Vaxed or don’t get on a plane. Or only unvaxed people should wear the masks.
My office building managed by private company, masking still a requirement in all common areas and elevator space

i can just see some politician sitting behind his desk saying "make the public believe it was their idea"

My office building managed by private company, masking still a requirement in all common areas and elevator space
For a while we will see different requirements in different places. My local Staples is encouraging masks strongly with signage all over while other stores not so much. Medical offices still require masks. I'm OK with different folks interpreting things differently and will respect their wishes as we go through the process of unmasking. I have friends that are vehemently opposed to masks and other friends that are still scared (some who had Covid). Gonna be a while before we know what normal will be.

Reactions: TommyAlly

Screw the COVID passports. No masks. You fly and are not vaccinated, you assume the risk and can wear a mask if you want. But you don't have to. Make liability waivers for COVID part of the ticket purchase or give immunity to airlines for COVID-issues with passengers.

Pot meet kettle. Ironic that you complain about other people complaining lol.

I flew twice during the "pandemic." Never got sick, sat shoulder to shoulder with people on the planes. You are correct that requiring masks at this point is pointless, but that's government for you. There is no reason for any restrictions anywhere at this point. Anyone who wants the vaccine has had plenty of opportunity to get it. Those who don't assume the risk of getting ill and we have the hospital capacity to treat them. End of story. But no, government loves a crisis and will milk it as long as possible.

I'm sorry but your ignorance about this pandemic since the beginning has appalling. Also, your obsession with government conspiracies/control is very strange.

I am pro vaccine passports but believe it won’t happen anytime soon

I am also pro unmasking on a fully vaccinated plane. If unvaccinated people are allowed on plane (which will be the case) only those individuals should be forced to wear masks going forward.

For my work in the hospital, I am forced to either get an annual seasonal flu shot or I have to wear mask. This should be the precedent to follow IMHO.

Also I am pro unmasking when kids 11 and under can be vaccinated so selfish adults don’t infect my kids 😤

Until the vaccines go from EUA to Full approval AND 2 year old and up are able to be vaccinated if their parent choose to, get used to masks on planes for a long time.

I am pro vaccine passports but believe it won’t happen anytime soon

I am also pro unmasking on a fully vaccinated plane. If unvaccinated people are allowed on plane (which will be the case) only those individuals should be forced to wear masks going forward.

For my work in the hospital, I am forced to either get an annual seasonal flu shot or I have to wear mask. This should be the precedent to follow IMHO.

Also I am pro unmasking when kids 11 and under can be vaccinated so selfish adults don’t infect my kids 😤

Until the vaccines go from EUA to Full approval AND 2 year old and up are able to be vaccinated if their parent choose to, get used to masks on planes for a long time.

Why do you, as someone who has taken the vaccine, care if you're flying next to someone who hasn't taken it? You're protected. That's what the science says.

It's nice of posters to reveal who is a bigot and/or a segregationist. The only selfish people are those who want to control people they don't even know for their personal (or family in your case as you stated) benefit. People who support a God-given right of freedom are actually the least selfish people out there. Live and let live.

Screw the COVID passports. No masks. You fly and are not vaccinated, you assume the risk and can wear a mask if you want. But you don't have to. Make liability waivers for COVID part of the ticket purchase or give immunity to airlines for COVID-issues with passengers.
Agree with this. If I’m vaccinated, I don’t care if you wear a mask or not. You assume the risk.

Reactions: shu09
You are not smart there buddy. I have unvaccinated kids bc they are too young.

Because you choose to not help out humanity by refusing to getting vaccinated, why should I be okay with letting you infect my kids because of your ignorance?

Also most folks abroad aren’t vaccinated. The more there is mix of unvaccinated folks, the more likely it will morph into a disease the vaccines don’t work as well for.

Don’t follow where I’m a bigot or segregationist? 🙄

Your god given right to your freedom isn’t cut and dry. You can’t kill people just bc or burn a house down because you can or want to. You can’t scream fire in a movie theater bc it can cause more harm.

Your argument is severely flawed and I would add god gave us brains to evolve. Use it to get vaccinated.

Why do you, as someone who has taken the vaccine, care if you're flying next to someone who hasn't taken it? You're protected. That's what the science says.

It's nice of posters to reveal who is a bigot and/or a segregationist. The only selfish people are those who want to control people they don't even know for their personal (or family in your case as you stated) benefit. People who support a God-given right of freedom are actually the least selfish people out there. Live and let live.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0

There goes the government conspiracy nut job on a rant again.

Because you choose to not help out humanity by refusing to getting vaccinated, why should I be okay with letting you infect my kids because of your ignorance?

Also most folks abroad aren’t vaccinated. The more there is mix of unvaccinated folks, the more likely it will morph into a disease the vaccines don’t work as well for.

Your god given right to your freedom isn’t cut and dry. You can’t kill people just bc or burn a house down because you can or want to. You can’t scream fire in a movie theater bc it can cause more harm.

Your argument is severely flawed and I would add god gave us brains to evolve. Use it to get vaccinated.

I'll never meet your kids (thankfully). You have no need to worry about me.

By the way, kids are at little to no risk from covid complications. But go ahead, carry on with your fearmongering.

Reactions: HALL85
Interesting article I'll just drop here. Because of covid and its variants, the indoor concert might never be safe again.

What makes someone who doesn’t get the vaccine ignorant? Just out of curiosity is anything that can cause others disease ignorant? How about McDonalds, is that organization ignorant? Contributing to heart disease 365 days per year.

What makes someone who doesn’t get the vaccine ignorant? Just out of curiosity is anything that can cause others disease ignorant? How about McDonalds, is that organization ignorant?
If you eat Macdonald’s every day i would also say that person is probably ignorant on the effects on their body and what nutritious foods are, yes.

If you are able to get a vaccine (minus very good reasons) you are ignorant to the overall benefits to themselves and to others. As far as if that poster has good reasons to not get it…check out some of the other threads with his conspiracy theories and why he choose to not get it.

I'll never meet your kids (thankfully). You have no need to worry about me.

By the way, kids are at little to no risk from covid complications. But go ahead, carry on with your fearmongering.

Hey That’s my line! Hall85 is the fearmongerer of the vaccines…the same vaccines that have essential saved this country.

Let me give you a better example to help you digest the flaws in your god given right argument.

Just bc you have a god given right to drink, doesn’t mean you should be allowed to get drunk go in your car and drive around in public correct?

Not wearing a seat belt is different bc it probably only affects you…if you want to be a rebel don’t wear a seatbelt but vaccine affect everyone around you.

My kids may not run into you in a plane but they may run into someone else that is unvaccinated thinking it’s their god given right to make others at risk.

As far as kids, you are right much less risk of short term mortality. Long term morbidity may be a totally different story. No one knows but it’s my belief that there is a lot more likely to have complications with long covid than after effects of this vaccine. This is where i differ with most folks on this board.

For airplanes, if most people on it are vaccinated and are maskless and the unvaccinated wear a mask, I think that is the best balance. Would need vaccine passports first and that won’t happen for quite a while.

Airline’s will be 100% masked up for the foreseeable future and in my opinion they should be.

You’re right. No one knows if the long term effects of COVID on children are better or worse than the potential side effects of the vaccine. That’s precisely the point I have been making all along. Glad we agree on that.

Guy is totally bonkers. Not even worth engaging with. He'd put anything into his kids as long as the government and media told him to. I don't concern myself with the opinions of sheep.

Reactions: jmt6762 and HALL85
Guy is totally bonkers. Not even worth engaging with. He'd put anything into his kids as long as the government and media told him to. I don't concern myself with the opinions of sheep.

More government fear mongering from @shu09

Hey That’s my line! Hall85 is the fearmongerer of the vaccines…the same vaccines that have essential saved this country.

Let me give you a better example to help you digest the flaws in your god given right argument.

Just bc you have a god given right to drink, doesn’t mean you should be allowed to get drunk go in your car and drive around in public correct?

Not wearing a seat belt is different bc it probably only affects you…if you want to be a rebel don’t wear a seatbelt but vaccine affect everyone around you.

My kids may not run into you in a plane but they may run into someone else that is unvaccinated thinking it’s their god given right to make others at risk.

As far as kids, you are right much less risk of short term mortality. Long term morbidity may be a totally different story. No one knows but it’s my belief that there is a lot more likely to have complications with long covid than after effects of this vaccine. This is where i differ with most folks on this board.

For airplanes, if most people on it are vaccinated and are maskless and the unvaccinated wear a mask, I think that is the best balance. Would need vaccine passports first and that won’t happen for quite a while.

Airline’s will be 100% masked up for the foreseeable future and in my opinion they should be.
So would you put smokers in the same class as the unvaccinated? Polluting the air that you and your kids breathe.

So would you put smokers in the same class as the unvaccinated? Polluting the air that you and your kids breathe.
Not sure I follow. I don’t think you have been allowed to smoke on planes in decades.😷

But if you are talking about someone smoking inside a building in front of my kids, yes that would bother me too.

What would be worse? At this time the unvaccinated person unmasked next to my kid would probably bother me more.

What would be worse? At this time the unvaccinated person unmasked next to my kid would probably bother me more.

This shows how crazy you are. That person is very likely fine because covid is circulating at low levels. Even on the very low chance that this person had the virus, your child would be fine as kids do not experience the same effects as some adults. All in all, there is an extremely low chance of this person being any kind of threat to your child.

By contrast, the smoker is producing second hand smoke which has been proven time and time again to be a threat to anyone, children included. Your irrational fear of covid is impacting your judgement. This is what happens when the government and media brainwash vulnerable, weak minded people for over a year. They actually treat all other innocent humans as disease carrying threats. I hope you find the help you need to get over your fears and improve your mental health. Best of luck.

Shelter in place is normal.
Glass house kinda thing.

To be honest we should shelter in place unvaccinated people until they are vaccinated because of the Delta variant threat. I have no problem with sheltering in place if that means its for a healthier community and less spread of the virus. I have been able to successfully able to continue to work and work out in my gym since the pandemic started. I am honestly in a lot better shape now that I was before the pandemic. I will not get the vaccine until its fully approved by the FDA.

I have been discussing with my mayor a possible town hall meeting discussion on sheltering in place the unvaccinated in my town.

Not sure I follow. I don’t think you have been allowed to smoke on planes in decades.😷

But if you are talking about someone smoking inside a building in front of my kids, yes that would bother me too.

My point is if you look anywhere and everywhere you will find fault in just about every human being in how they're harming you and your family and probably more than an unvaccinated person. Second hand smoke, I can guarantee you if you're walking by an office building and there are smokers outside having a cigarette, you and your kids are going to be taking in second hand smoke. I can't guarantee if you sit on a plane next to an unvaccinated person you will get covid. It's all how you want to perceive it, but I think it's crazy to sit there and segregate those unvaccinated and ignore smoking, bad foods, etc thatcould negatively impact other people.

Who is ignoring the other stuff? I wouldn’t want my kids next to smokers either.

My point is if you look anywhere and everywhere you will find fault in just about every human being in how they're harming you and your family and probably more than an unvaccinated person. Second hand smoke, I can guarantee you if you're walking by an office building and there are smokers outside having a cigarette, you and your kids are going to be taking in second hand smoke. I can't guarantee if you sit on a plane next to an unvaccinated person you will get covid. It's all how you want to perceive it, but I think it's crazy to sit there and segregate those unvaccinated and ignore smoking, bad foods, etc thatcould negatively impact other people.

If the airlines and a segment of the public are so concerned about this why not have a vaccination section on the plane? If you’re old enough to remember there used to be a smoking and non-smoking section.

Who is ignoring the other stuff? I wouldn’t want my kids next to smokers either.
Should airlines force smokers to wear a mask similar to an unvaccinated person? What do you do with people whose clothes wreak of smoke. Because I don't want to smell the smoke, the airlines should institute a policy. LOL

Should airlines force smokers to wear a mask similar to an unvaccinated person? What do you do with people whose clothes wreak of smoke. Because I don't want to smell the smoke, the airlines should institute a policy. LOL
I still don't follow your train of thought.

Why would the airlines force smokers to wear a mask? People wear masks on planes to not spread covid-19.

Smelling bad bc you have bad breath or cigarette smell on clothes won't have bad health consequences to my kids so they will have to deal with someone smelling bad.

And since I have a kid that still wears diapers, my kid will prob smell worse anyway :)

I
I still don't follow your train of thought.

Why would the airlines force smokers to wear a mask? People wear masks on planes to not spread covid-19.

Smelling bad bc you have bad breath or cigarette smell on clothes won't have bad health consequences to my kids so they will have to deal with someone smelling bad.

And since I have a kid that still wears diapers, my kid will prob smell worse anyway :)
I am for protecting my children and everyone else’s, but you have to think logically,

Driving in a car or using your backyard swing set is probably much more dangerous for your children at this point then getting Covid from an unvaccinated stranger.

Last edited:
I think I’ll follow the CDC guidance over your advice but thanks for your opinion.🤣

Listen we use our brains to make things less dangerous right? We where seatbelts to make driving less dangerous. We have technology like driver assist to beep when going into another lane, we have backup cameras now so we can see better when backing up.

We don’t stop driving or stop going to school or flying. You just get smarter about it.
I

I am for protecting my children and everyone else’s, but you have to think logically,

Driving in a car or using your backyard swing set is probably much more dangerous for your children at this point then getting Covid from an unvaccinated stranger.

For covid -19 , simply separating folks wouldn’t work bc it’s airborne…. 6 ft away is an abstract # interns of covid spreading.

They used that number based off of plums of smoke for 2nd hand smoke damage research.

Would need to have unvaccinated wear a mask unless the area was totally blocked off with separate ventilation system.

If the airlines and a segment of the public are so concerned about this why not have a vaccination section on the plane? If you’re old enough to remember there used to be a smoking and non-smoking section.

Yup and with more knowledge they made planes completely non smoking…TMYK

It’s a conspiracy, the government is out to get us! 600,000 deaths in US but ok then🤣

I don’t know how many folks on here have seen people die on and off a ventilator young or old age but I’ve seen both.

This shows how crazy you are. That person is very likely fine because covid is circulating at low levels. Even on the very low chance that this person had the virus, your child would be fine as kids do not experience the same effects as some adults. All in all, there is an extremely low chance of this person being any kind of threat to your child.

By contrast, the smoker is producing second hand smoke which has been proven time and time again to be a threat to anyone, children included. Your irrational fear of covid is impacting your judgement. This is what happens when the government and media brainwash vulnerable, weak minded people for over a year. They actually treat all other innocent humans as disease carrying threats. I hope you find the help you need to get over your fears and improve your mental health. Best of luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT