ADVERTISEMENT

Andre Rafus

is warmer mean better than warm or are we just getting closer to being warm? Sorry, but I'm a very literal type of guy.

is warmer mean better than warm or are we just getting closer to being warm? Sorry, but I'm a very literal type of guy.

None... Cool... Warm... Warmer... Soft Commit... Hard Commit. I believe that's the scale.

I agree with a lot of the informed critiquing of this kid's game that I have read here. But he is the kid you put in down 7 and he hits three threes in the next two minutes.

we don't have a plethora of 6'9 kids looking to come to SHU. Sounds like a poor man's version of Eddie Griffin. Just hope the character is much better than what we had with Eddie. Maybe a Herve Lamizana type (there's a blast from the past).

If he wants to come here, sign him up.

wow. that would be friggin' awesome. So much versatility with this kid. Anh he's local, so it shows we're still shoring up that part of our recruiting.

At Kansas he will almost 100% be recruited over. They grab kids like him but that are higher ranked almost every season. But if you lose out to them, you get it. Cuz it's Kansas.

Nice to see us beat out Gtown. Thompson is still a helluva recruiter.

I do not want to lose out to Dixon at TCU yet. If he proves he can make that school into a winner (doubtful in an increasingly talented and crowded Big 12), then so be it. But he hasn't gotten anything done there yet, so to lose a local kid to the friggin' Horned Frogs at this juncture would be painful.

I would be absolutely shocked if he went to Kansas. He is not a player that you would associate with that program.

we don't have a plethora of 6'9 kids looking to come to SHU. Sounds like a poor man's version of Eddie Griffin. Just hope the character is much better than what we had with Eddie. Maybe a Herve Lamizana type (there's a blast from the past).
I loved Herve - so athletic and skilled, with almost Dalembert-type length. And even then, he was still raw. I always thought in a better situation he could really have developed into a legit star.

He was a little too excitable, though. Not always the most poised guy.

Wanted badly to come to the Hall but we had no room so he went to Rutgers and became a very good player for them.

Rafus does not have that type of athleticism. I might compare him to a slimmed down version of Mobley coming out of HS.

Wanted badly to come to the Hall but we had no room so he went to Rutgers and became a very good player for them.

Rafus does not have that type of athleticism. I might compare him to a slimmed down version of Mobley coming out of HS.
I remember Herve saying something to the effect of being so mad at SHU for not having room for him that he figured the best place to stick it to us was at Rutgers. I never really understood why we couldn't create a little space for a guy with that kind of upside. Oh well, it's all water under the bridge. Any idea where is is today?

I was thinking that Rafus might be comparable to Mobley. That wouldn't be terrible, having a 6-9 guy who can pull defenders out of the lane a little bit.

IMO, his shooting is light years better than Brandon. He can do that Leahy thing I think, make one deep in the left corner, then top of the key, then foul line extending on the other side. Get him the ball, and if on, he bangs them. He is Leahy vs Lasalle to me until proven otherwise...lol.

Reactions: SHUSource
Of the two schools we're competing against the one I think may be our biggest competition is TCU with Dixon now running their program plus he's a hell of a recruiter .

Dixon is a great recruiter and coach when it comes to winning games. The bad thing is that his pace is so slow that it puts you to sleep. That's why they let him go at Pitt, the fans couldn't watch it anymore.
Lets hope he doesn't became a horned frog.

Not even close to EG. More comparable to Veer Singh. I've watched 12+ of his games at Roselle Catholic. He's a good 3-point shooter. period. Non-factor as a rebounder or defender right now. I'd pass but I trust in our staff to make decision.

Think about putting Rafus on the floor with Cale, Powell and Vheer at small forward. It would be tough on the opposition.

Not even close to EG. More comparable to Veer Singh. I've watched 12+ of his games at Roselle Catholic. He's a good 3-point shooter. period. Non-factor as a rebounder or defender right now. I'd pass but I trust in our staff to make decision.
I agree, saw a great similarity to Veer in HS. But the Veer I saw in HS reminded me of Hazell, not the Veer we saw last year.

Dixon is a great recruiter and coach when it comes to winning games. The bad thing is that his pace is so slow that it puts you to sleep. That's why they let him go at Pitt, the fans couldn't watch it anymore.
Lets hope he doesn't became a horned frog.

In his 13 years at Pitt he went to 11 NCAA's which included two Sweet Sixteens and one Elite Eight plus one NIT and an overall record of 328 - 123 ( 72.7% ) .

Austin Colbert type.

Don't want him here at the 4 if he isn't going to bang in the box and rebound. If he is athletic enough to keep up with small forwards, than I love him as an oversized 3. Natural mismatch and a good outside game.

He can't defend 3s or 4s right now. His best course of action would be to go to prep school or red-shirt his freshman year to see if he can add weight and get stronger.

its gotta be between us and TCU. I honestly dont see him getting much, if any playing time at KU. 5 star, top 25 recruits struggle for playing time there

His game reminds me of Reggie Cameron from Hudson Catholic. Fair comparison?

His game reminds me of Reggie Cameron from Hudson Catholic. Fair comparison?
Kind of similar but Reggie was a dominant HS player. Rafus was barely playing by the end of the year at RC. Was a non-factor in the state playoffs.

I haven't seen Rafus play live, I was just basing that off the video above.

I'm surprised Reggie hasn't done more at Georgetown. Great high school player.

I'm not hearing things that lead me to believe he is capable of controlling his emotions on the court, in the classroom, and elsewhere.

talent wise, I don't see him touching the floor in 17-18'.

He can't defend 3s or 4s right now. His best course of action would be to go to prep school or red-shirt his freshman year to see if he can add weight and get stronger.

Definitely a problem then. I haven't seen him and you have to have the quickness to succeed. DR is hopefully working on his quickness and D, and will showcase some solid D this year.

It's one reason I have high hops for Jevon in December. Even if he has a very limited offensive game (though he should have something), good D and quickness can take you far.

Herve has been playing B-Ball all over the world for many years. I think he has played in Turkey, Israel, South Korea, China, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Taiwan, France, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Lebanon and possibly a few other places.

As for Rafus, I have seen him play about 6 times. He is a good 3 point shooter but he seems to tend to stay on the perimeter. One game last season vs. Linden he hardly played and I think only made one basket (3 pointer) in the game. Linden's tallest player was 6'5" and all the rest were 6'2" or less. I think he is very good but he is very thin. He needs to be able to have an outside game as well as an inside game for his size. Good luck in landing him.

thanks all for giving me clearer picture of this kid. If he has a chance to be like Mobley, I'd take him. But if he's unwilling to rebound or defend; eeshh, I don't know.

cale with duval or eastern, rafus as a small forward with some serious conditioning and an upperclassman mentor, then fab 5 2018 class. we are set. keeping pipedreams alive.

Reactions: shupat08
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT