ADVERTISEMENT

April recruiting

Wrong.

Rutgers was ranked in the Top 25 four seasons while in the Big East. Their best season was 2006 when they finished 12th in the nation under HC Schiano - they were a member of the Big East that season.

RU football is a shell of itself since entering the Big Ten.
Pretty sure the topic was the BE football schools who left who are more successful in BBall since leaving. Rutgers would fit that.

Pretty sure the topic was the BE football schools who left who are more successful in BBall since leaving. Rutgers would fit that.
no. i asked which big east football school who left for football are actually better off in football.

ok so Pitt..ha that answers your question. How many teams in general have done better leaving any conference? Why limit to the OBE
i was just curious because those teams were brought up. not sure i agree. there are teams that do better moving conferences. but for the OBE the cashgrab was essentially a funeral for their competitiveness.

i was just curious because those teams were brought up. not sure i agree. there are teams that do better moving conferences. but for the OBE the cashgrab was essentially a funeral for their competitiveness.
Which teams? Know any?

Which teams? Know any?
Texas A&M has been much more competitive nationally after going to the SEC. Utah St to Pac 12. I believe Virginia tech went to the natty the year after moving up to the big east then wo the acc championship their first year. heres a handful.

Texas A&M has been much more competitive nationally after going to the SEC. Utah St to Pac 12. I believe Virginia tech went to the natty the year after moving up to the big east then wo the acc championship their first year. heres a handful.
Texas A&M has won national championships in football…not in sec…Utah is your best bet..good job!!!

Texas A&M has won national championships in football…not in sec…Utah is your best bet..good job!!!
lmao the last championship was in 1938!! so ur argument is spanning the course of history. so every team has to win their best game at their last stop? well heres one. A&M moved conferences multiple times before those championships. so proves me right twice.

never seen a guy so proud of being wrong every time he asks for specifics. even if utah was the only team, still makes you wrong. thats just 2 mins of googling.

lmao the last championship was in 1938!! so ur argument is spanning the course of history. so every team has to win their best game at their last stop? well heres one. A&M moved conferences multiple times before those championships. so proves me right twice.

never seen a guy so proud of being wrong every time he asks for specifics. even if utah was the only team, still makes you wrong. thats just 2 mins of googling.
not really…but you keep doing you…hey you were right about all the big dogs blowing us away for Sha..I do have to give you that..your point was that no schools have gotten better at football since leaving the OBE..which was wrong with Pitt and Cincy.

not really…but you keep doing you…hey you were right about all the big dogs blowing us away for Sha..I do have to give you that..your point was that no schools have gotten better at football since leaving the OBE..which was wrong with Pitt and Cincy.
that wasnt my point tho. i clearly asked a question. whifff

So I think it’s fair to say our recruiting has picked up beyond anything we’ve seen since Holloway left a few years. Let’s hope we can land some of these guys.

• Haha
Reactions: mbraue and shupat08
So I think it’s fair to say our recruiting has picked up beyond anything we’ve seen since Holloway left a few years. Let’s hope we can land some of these guys.
There is nothing to say that at all right now.

Holloway hasn't even brought a player in yet.

Getting us mentioned is nice but doesn't prove anything. Jared Grasso gets Bryant mentioned all the time.

Ya gotta be in it to win it.

If all this without a staff and just being hired doesn't rev up your engines then you are out of gas.
I don't doubt that Shaheen (and maybe his unnamed staff) is busting his (its) tail. I'm not at all concerned that the pieces haven't fallen into place in a way that others are.

I take issue with the thought our recruiting has clearly picked up just because maybe Shaheen is taking bigger swings than Willard may have. That's impossible to say when the only roster movement to this point is a transfer out and a de-commitment.

I believe he will do well as a recruiter but it's still to be proven that bigger swings mean bigger hits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT