ADVERTISEMENT

Are you vaccinated?

Are you vaccinated?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well that’s a pretty silly statement. You acknowledge that the vaccines work. But you won’t get it because people or the government is telling you to get it.

So really it’s just your ego preventing you from getting it. Hey, it’s ok to admit your wrong. It makes you grow as a human being. As a side benefit it can save your life.
Some of you don’t care for his opinion. Many don’t seem to get it:

He’s consistently said that government/pols shouldn’t be coercing people, particularly those with little risk (notwithstanding the already very, very low death rate that was manipulated to scare people).

He doesn’t like government overreaching like they have, and some pols are trying to continue this…. such as masking children.

Reactions: shu09
Odd example. There is a larger disparity in the white community between Vermont and Alabama than there is the Black community.
African-American by % of population:
Alabama 27%
Vermont 1%

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/covid-vaccine-tracker-states/

Curve for vaccinations has flattened even with the MSM messaging on Delta Variant, India, etc. IMO, there might be tiny bumps from any of those factors (do 99.9%of the population even know what an EUA is???), but I think it’s going to continue to flatten.
We will have to disagree once again.

The switch from EUA to full FDA approval will open the flood gates to many other potential things to improve rates down the road, like mandates, employers requiring it, vaccine passports, customers being required to have it etc.

Legally, private and public entities will be more aggressive after the fact bc many currently fear lawsuits (more) with EUA over full approval.

I bet the CEO and presidents of the IDNs you deal with will be more aggressive after full FDA approval with the vaccination of their hospital staff as well.

I agree it is less of a factor and maybe not move the needle as much with individuals but it is absolutely a reason some individuals have used to wait to get the vaccine.

The switch from EUA to full FDA approval will open the flood gates to many other potential things to improve rates down the road, like mandates, employers requiring it, vaccine passports, customers being required to have it etc.

Legally, private and public entities will be more aggressive after the fact bc many currently fear lawsuits (more) with EUA over full approval.

I bet the CEO and presidents of the IDNs you deal with will be more aggressive after full FDA approval with the vaccination of their hospital staff as well.

I agree it is less of a factor and maybe not move the needle as much with individuals but it is absolutely a reason some individuals have used to wait to get the vaccine.

You'd make a great authoritarian dictator.

That’s a slippery slope with hospital mandates once there is an FDA approval. That would be admitting that they weren’t so sure about the vaccine during the EUA. That would be a public relations dilemma.

One of the worst hospital systems in terms of vaccine compliance is the New York health & hospitals corporation. I don’t see DiBlasio having the balls to mandate the vaccine.

One of the worst hospital systems in terms of vaccine compliance is the New York health & hospitals corporation. I don’t see DiBlasio having the balls to mandate the vaccine.
He pretty much did, just yesterday. Another disgraceful government overreach.

Yes, but OR get tested. My daughter's company (large Pharma) did the same if you want to come back to the office (vaccine or weekly test they provide).

The obsession with testing healthy people is something I'll never agree with.

You'd make a great authoritarian dictator.
First, I personally am not doing anything. Why are you mad at me? There actually is precedent, the gov actually mandated polio vaccine back in the day bc anti vax and anti government folks lived back then too.

Im just pointing out what might come down the road with full FDA approval. Am I supportive of it, yes more of less, if they allow exceptions and accommodations with good reasons I’m okay with it especially with medical facilities.

Second, it’s already happening as you and Hall85 noted in the public and private space.

Third, why must you name call all the time?

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
It does raise the question about testing for other things, some that might create more danger to co-workers, or the public, like drug testing, breathalyzers, etc.? Blood pressure, pulse oxygen? Would you get on a bus if the driver was on the verge of a heart attack? Why stop with a COVID test?

Reactions: Hallsome and SHUSA
First, I personally am not doing anything. Why are you mad at me? There actually is precedent, the gov actually mandated polio vaccine back in the day bc anti vax and anti government folks lived back then too.

Im just pointing out what might come down the road with full FDA approval. Am I supportive of it, yes more of less, if they allow exceptions and accommodations with good reasons I’m okay with it especially with medical facilities.

Second, it’s already happening as you and Hall85 noted in the public and private space.

Third, why must you name call all the time?

Even considering it is anti-American. The government has no right to tell me what to put into my body. Anyone who supports methods like those is evil in my book. Don't compare it to polio. Polio kills and paralyzes more people than this respiratory virus. Polio was an actual threat to children, unlike this virus, and that vaccine had been proven safe over many years. This one hasn't.

Once you cross that line, freedom is gone forever. The government then controls you and can tell you what to put into your body anytime it wants. We must hold this line or we're done. I'd rather die free than live in medical tyranny.

Yes, it's already happening because people have been brainwashed into believing covid is like the plague when in reality 99% or more of people who contract it will survive it whether they are vaccinated or not. The government will prefer if the private sector does the dirty work. Look what's happening in Greece, France and the UK. That's coming here unless we speak out and stop it. Modern day discrimination and medical apartheid.

There is evil in this world and much of it is in the elite, millionaire/billionaire class that runs governments and sets policy. The vaccines and the passports are just the opening act. It will get much, much worse if we allow it to continue. The government will never get rid of the passports when the "crisis" is over. It will be permanent.

It's just two weeks
It's just a mask
It's just a test
It's just a contact tracer
It's just a shot
It's just a digital ID
It's just a jail cell
It's just a box car
It's for the greater good! It's just to "keep us safe!"

See the pattern? Stop it now before it gets really bad.

It does raise the question about testing for other things, some that might create more danger to co-workers, or the public, like drug testing, breathalyzers, etc.? Blood pressure, pulse oxygen? Would you get on a bus if the driver was on the verge of a heart attack? Why stop with a COVID test?

Exactly, it's about the precedent it sets. There are far more things I worry about in my daily life that could take my life than covid. Covid is very far down on the list.

If they aren't displaying symptoms, they are healthy. The only people who should be tested are those who are visibly sick.

Just like Cholesterol. No need to check it unless you are visibly sick.

Because those others are not contagious?

Just like Cholesterol. No need to check it unless you are visibly sick.

Apples and oranges. Problems like that lurk for years undetected by some. Those tests are wise.

People who have the coronavirus are not sick unless they're actually having symptoms.

Apples and oranges. Problems like that lurk for years undetected by some. Those tests are wise.

People who have the coronavirus are not sick unless they're actually having symptoms.

First part is correct, second one is not.
Studies have shown that you are most contagious prior to any symptoms.

Because those others are not contagious?
But they may pose a much greater (and lethal) danger.

Pick one:
Sit next to someone who has COVID and you are at low risk, or
Sit next to someone from your company who is driving a truck while intoxicated.

But they may pose a much greater (and lethal) danger.

To others? No they don't. 600,000 people didn't die this year as a result of someone else having a heart attack.
Pick one:

Pick one:

lol... Love the example. Lets make it a Truck carrying Jet Fuel and nuclear bombs too.

If my job were sitting shotgun for a living and the driver was intoxicated, I wouldn't get in the truck.

Far more people will die of Covid contracted from coworkers this year than people riding shotgun with their drunk truck driving coworker.

lol... Love the example. Lets make it a Truck carrying Jet Fuel and nuclear bombs too.

If my job were sitting shotgun for a living and the driver was intoxicated, I wouldn't get in the truck.

Far more people will die of Covid contracted from coworkers this year than people riding shotgun with their drunk truck driving coworker.
How would you know? There are people known as "functioning alcoholics". What if he was under the influence of a controlled substance? Nice try deflecting with the humor attempt, but we know the answer.

600,000 people died in the last year and a half. 10,000 people die EACH year just from drunk driving (does not include the people they kill by the way). Doesn't count substance abuse; workers that make terrible mistakes that kill co-workers because they are impaired. It happens EVERY year, not just one year.

How would you know? There are people known as "functioning alcoholics". What if he was under the influence of a controlled substance? Nice try deflecting with the humor attempt, but we know the answer.

600,000 people died in the last year and a half. 10,000 people die EACH year just from drunk driving (does not include the people they kill by the way). Doesn't count substance abuse; workers that make terrible mistakes that kill co-workers because they are impaired. It happens EVERY year, not just one year.

Drunk driving is illegal.

So? Does that stop people from doing it?
My wife is vaccinated. I'm not yet. There are medical reasons underlying both and recommendations from professionals that drove our decisions. I may ultimately get it based on my own choice (I'm otherwise very healthy, young, low risk as it relates to COVID generally, and my medical "issue" is something we monitor but incredibly low risk right now in the grand scheme).

And I may ultimately have to get it for reasons related to my career.

I don't want my kids, all under 12, vaccinated. I've registered them for both the public and private schools in my town, because I know the latter is going to have full school days, no masks come fall, and no vaccination requirements. If the public school assures us masks will be either not required or optional (and same with vaccinations once they become available) we'll likely stay there. If they won't make that assurance, they are going to private school. For young kids, I think the masks have been more harmful to long term development than COVID. I know there is literature, research, thought-pieces on this, etc, that flow both ways, but that's my view.

So? Does that stop people from doing it?

Some, yes.

In any case... still, drinking and driving is illegal and if your workplaces forces you to ride shotgun with a functional alcoholic driver, you should quit.

Covid is contagious, and not only does it pose a risk to you, but also everyone around you. That is why this would be different.

That said, Now that we have the vaccine, any restrictions like that should be limited to areas where hospitalizations are growing quickly. Most states should be fine from here.

My wife is vaccinated. I'm not yet. There are medical reasons underlying both and recommendations from professionals that drove our decisions. I may ultimately get it based on my own choice (I'm otherwise very healthy, young, low risk as it relates to COVID generally, and my medical "issue" is something we monitor but incredibly low risk right now in the grand scheme).

I don't want my kids, all under 12, vaccinated. I've registered them for both the public and private schools in my town, because I know the latter is going to have full school days, no masks come fall, and no vaccination requirements. If the public school assures us masks will be either not required or optional (and same with vaccinations once they become available) we'll likely stay there. If they won't make that assurance, they are going to private school. For young kids, I think the masks have been more harmful to long term development than COVID. I know there is literature, research, thought-pieces on this, etc, that flow both ways, but that's my view.

My opinion is slightly different, but complete respect your point of view.

thanks for sharing. My thinking is quite different than yours on kids, masks and vaccinations but at least you seem open minded to listening to the other side of the debate by recognizing that support for flow both ways.

When you are a young dad like we are, you are forced to listen to both sides bc at the end of the day you need to set your pride to the side and do what’s best for your kids/family given the info available.

I know no one is asking my opinion but here it is anyway.

Big picture, if you are generally anti mask, anti closures, pro business, pro growing your stock market portfolio, anti kids under 12 vaccinated…you should be probably be rooting for more adults to be vaccinated so all that other stuff is less likely to happen.

Some, yes.

In any case... still, drinking and driving is illegal and if your workplaces forces you to ride shotgun with a functional alcoholic driver, you should quit.

Covid is contagious, and not only does it pose a risk to you, but also everyone around you. That is why this would be different.

That said, Now that we have the vaccine, any restrictions like that should be limited to areas where hospitalizations are growing quickly. Most states should be fine from here.
The point is you may not know (nor your company) if someone is under the influence putting you at risk. Just like COVID. Same thing with extremely high blood pressure. You could be working on a line next to someone who is a time bomb.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT