ADVERTISEMENT

Bad Shape Going Into the Winter

Despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, NJ hospitalizations are way down from the spring. Cases are levelling off, and Rt is declining.
You are being disingenuous here. Yes, at the height of the Spring first wave we had over 7000 people hospitalized as opposed to approx 3000 currently. However, I think in July or august we were down to the low 300’s. So that is a precipitous rise in hospitalizations with the worst about to hit on December and January as the second wave takes full effect.

hopefully the vaccine gets here to at least protect our Health care workers.

Reactions: shufan1993
You are being disingenuous here. Yes, at the height of the Spring first wave we had over 7000 people hospitalized as opposed to approx 3000 currently. However, I think in July or august we were down to the low 300’s. So that is a precipitous rise in hospitalizations with the worst about to hit on December and January as the second wave takes full effect.

hopefully the vaccine gets here to at least protect our Health care workers.

Yes I agree. We won't really see the second wave really getting into gear until the next couple weeks. 3000+ hospitalizations and experts are expecting that number to double over the next couple weeks. So @donnie_baseball we are closing in on spring numbers over the next few weeks. Is that your definition of "leveling off".

@Pirata Hello. You are correct. Sanjay Gupta does not work for the NY Times. The quote in question can be found if you listen to the podcast "Thanksgiving with the Gupta's" that I posted on Saturday. Gupta did indeed say that quote. Stop saying i'm lying when he did indeed say that.

Hi @donnie_baseball. As we go into December and January please explain how covid-19 cases in NJ are "leveling off". Please be advised experts disagree with your take. Hospitalizations are expected to double next couple weeks and peak around new years day.

Hi @donnie_baseball. As we go into December and January please explain how covid-19 cases in NJ are "leveling off". Please be advised experts disagree with your take. Hospitalizations are expected to double next couple weeks and peak around new years day.

As of today, the number of cases in NJ has levelled off. You can listen to a celebrity, retired cardiothoracic surgeon, or you can look at the state of NJ dashboard.

Reactions: Hallsome
See the state dashboard. Or are you unable to see anything that's not influencer based?

Another day ,another record hospitalizations in the United States. You continue to be wrong, @donnie_baseball. And you will also be wrong about cases "leveling off" in nj. The governor begs to differ

See the state dashboard. Or are you unable to see anything that's not influencer based?
The dashboard has hospitalizations, people on ventilators, and ICU on the upward trend. If you are talking about cases, isn't it to soon to see that trend that it is leveling off since we are not even in the peak of the second wave yet?

The dashboard has hospitalizations, people on ventilators, and ICU on the upward trend. If you are talking about cases, isn't it to soon to see that trend that it is leveling off since we are not even in the peak of the second wave yet?

Agreed. Thank you. You are talking logic so I'm sure good ol' Donnie we will just ignore.

Hello. Please be advised people are now receiving a summons if not wearing a mask on NJ Transit. Please be advised this practice will continue to occur after the Covid 19 pandemic is over. We will be wearing masks for the rest of our lives.

Hello. Please be advised people are now receiving a summons if not wearing a mask on NJ Transit. Please be advised this practice will continue to occur after the Covid 19 pandemic is over. We will be wearing masks for the rest of our lives.

Doomsday lunacy by this cat

This is where you go too far. There is no secret governmental desire to keep people wearing masks for the rest of our lives. Nor does the government have the power to do so.

This is where you go too far. There is no secret governmental desire to keep people wearing masks for the rest of our lives. Nor does the government have the power to do so.

We will see! I expect the CDC to provide guidance after this pandemic is over. CDC Research will show that mask wearing prevents flu infection/common cold and future pandemics. The CDC will then recommend people to wear masks at all time in indoor public places. The MSM will follow and support this. You can also see examples of the MSM already saying "Mask wearing is really not that bad".

@donnie_baseball This is for the virus has "Levelled off" in NJ crowd. NJ health head has reported saying December virus positive cases are expected to be higher and will be a record high for the state of NJ. The second wave of the pandemic will probably not end until first quarter 2021. Judy confirmed New Jerseyans will have to be vigilant to the end of March.

Hi @Pirata. Did you listen to " Thanksgiving with the Gupta's"?

I did.

It is 9 minutes and 54 seconds of my life I will never get back.

At no point did he say, "Americans are dying at a staggering rate. "

You make statements that are utterly baseless. When asked for simple citation of your claim, you are unable to provide that. Pretty simple.

Who is to say where the peak is? In the last 10 days, the number of new cases has levelled off. There is some concern that they will rise further, following Thanksgiving, but that remains to be seen.

The idiot who will now claim you as his ally is either the biggest idiot in the world, staying inside in a Hazmat suit for 9 months, or a persistent troll. I suspect the latter, and that the former is only top 5,000 or so.

Who is to say where the peak is? In the last 10 days, the number of new cases has levelled off. There is some concern that they will rise further, following Thanksgiving, but that remains to be seen.

The idiot who will now claim you as his ally is either the biggest idiot in the world, staying inside in a Hazmat suit for 9 months, or a persistent troll. I suspect the latter, and that the former is only top 5,000 or so.

Shufan is out there on the ledge. But it doesn’t mean everything he says is wrong or off the wall. Just most of it. These cases are going to rise and deaths are rising to go with it. It’s going TK be a rough couple of months.

But I am optimistic with the vaccines being available to the general public by spring and I am looking forward to a very normal summer. That is where Mr Doomsday is completely off. We will return back to normal this year. I think the summer is going to be completely open.

Hello. NJ had a record high in cases reported today. But according to you the virus has "Levelled off". Governor Murphy also did admit today the pandemic is "Nowhere near over".

Shufan is out there on the ledge. But it doesn’t mean everything he says is wrong or off the wall. Just most of it. These cases are going to rise and deaths are rising to go with it. It’s going TK be a rough couple of months.

But I am optimistic with the vaccines being available to the general public by spring and I am looking forward to a very normal summer. That is where Mr Doomsday is completely off. We will return back to normal this year. I think the summer is going to be completely open.

Thank you for your post. Interesting article from the star ledger today. Majority of NJ workers in hospitals are skeptical about a COVID vaccine. What does that mean for the rest of us? Therefore I believe many anti vaxxers will not be taking the vaccine and the vaccine will not be really that effective because people are just not taking it. This coming summer will be similar to last summer. Maybe a little bump in restaurant capacity.

You seem like a smart guy. You seriously have not realized that you're being goofed on by a troll?

I love it how people call me a troll when they don't like hearing what I have to say. I have been right with a lot of things during this pandemic!

Based on this article I don't see a "completely open summer" at all. Only 50% of nurses and doctors at University hospital are "comfortable" with taking a covid 19 vaccines. And these are front line workers! Imagine what the public rate will be? We need that number to be way up if we plan on ending this pandemic in the next 2 to 3 years.

Hello. The great president elect has called on for Americans to wear masks for the first "100 days". More to come ! I will continue to be right! We will be wearing masks for a long time. The government will continue to tell you to wear masks!

Americans have been wearing masks for 6-8 months now in nearly every public place. It's pretty clear that masking does not work too well.

Hello. Scientists and experts disagree with @donnie_baseball take that NJ covid cases have "Levelled off". Assuming Nj residents will mask up the second wave of the pandemic is scheduled to peak around new years day. At time there will be around 5,000 covid related hospitalizations in NJ.

CDC director Robert Redfield said that the next three months will be "the most difficult in the public health history of this nation". I remember when posters on this board told me I was wrong for saying the second wave would be worse than the first. Some posters even said there wouldn't be a second wave!

Hello, since @donnie_baseball made the claim that cases in NJ are "leveling off" the state of NJ had reported 5,000+ daily cases of covid 19 the last two days.

Hello, stupid. Do you know what a bar graph is? Can you read one? Today lists 5000 cases, not two days straight. The Rt had come down in recent weeks, and if you read the bar graph (if you're able), you can see that the number of cases is pretty LEVEL from about 11/15.

Hello, stupid. Do you know what a bar graph is? Can you read one? Today lists 5000 cases, not two days straight. The Rt had come down in recent weeks, and if you read the bar graph (if you're able), you can see that the number of cases is pretty LEVEL from about 11/15.

Hello. Can you read an article? 5,673 positive cases reported today. The chart you must be referring to is either not updated or not showing correct information. 4,913 cases reported yesterday. That chart must have rounded up yesterday's numbers.

Interesting article here. Those in power are laying the groundwork for mask wearing to continue. In this article they mention that they don't know if vaccinated people will still be able to spread the virus and one epidemiologist says this: "I expect that wearing a mask will become part of my daily life, moving forward, even after a vaccine is deployed,” said Amy Hobbs, a research associate at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

Interesting article here. Those in power are laying the groundwork for mask wearing to continue. In this article they mention that they don't know if vaccinated people will still be able to spread the virus and one epidemiologist says this: "I expect that wearing a mask will become part of my daily life, moving forward, even after a vaccine is deployed,” said Amy Hobbs, a research associate at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

Thank you for the insightful post. Yes I agree. You will see the MSM push this narrative for the next several months. The narrative will be "Masks can Prevent Illnesses or the next pandemic", "Masks actually were not that Bad", etc. President Elect Biden has already called on Americans to wear a mask for his first 100 days in office. This is just the beginning. And once Democratic politicians push the mask agenda past the pandemic posters like @Merge and @NYShoreGuy will hop on the bandwagon. You still call me crazy? We will be wearing masks for the rest of our lives!

Last edited:
Despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, NJ hospitalizations are way down from the spring. Cases are levelling off, and Rt is declining.
Bad take exposed. This poster made this post on December 1st. On April 7th RT is still above 1 and we are reporting 3000+ cases on a daily basis. This is officially a horrible take.

Last edited:
Bad take exposed. This poster made this post on December 1st. On April 7th RT is still above 1 and we are reporting 3000+ cases on a daily basis. This is officially a horrible take.

How is your take looking, now that Rt and hospitalizations are trending down? Or do you only post and call individuals out when they trend up? You wouldn't make a dime in the stock market. Then again, you're probably section 8 SSDI.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT