ADVERTISEMENT

Big East Media Day

Well, either this board has overhyped this team beyond belief or the coaches are wrong. We will see.

This poll pretty much follows the conventional wisdom seen elsewhere - same top four, St. John's a solid #5, followed by any combination of Xavier/Providence. Butler & DePaul at the bottom. The positioning of Seton Hall and Georgetown are really the only two outliers here.

Last edited:
Well, either this board has overhyped this team beyond belief or the coaches are wrong. We will see.

This poll pretty much follows the conventional wisdom seen elsewhere - same top four, St. John's a solid #5, followed by any combination of Xavier/Providence. Butler & DePaul at the bottom. The positioning of Seton Hall and Georgetown are really the only two outliers here.
Really interested to see. This board is one thing but at least in terms of preseason polls, the SHU program has been here numerous times and surprised. We’ll see. Here’s hoping.

Reactions: DIMEDISHA13
KenPom has us tied for 7th with St Johns and 56th in Country. They have Georgetown dead last and #159th in the Country.

With the exception of 2020 when KP had us #20, we have finished between 52nd and 60th every season since 2019.

This is a very sad state for our basketball program.

To hire SHa after his big run and we failed to capitalize on the recruiting possibilities. Our university leaders screwed up the NIL strategy and has set us back years.

Understand that we are moving forward with the strategy but really pisses me off

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam

To hire SHa after his big run and we failed to capitalize on the recruiting possibilities. Our university leaders screwed up the NIL strategy and has set us back years.

Understand that we are moving forward with the strategy but really pisses me off
No, sad is getting all worked up over preseason ratings. Play the damn games first!!

when you look at what recruits other teams have gotten vs what we haev been getting then yes we are 9th. Our players have to outperform and Sha has to out coach other teams.

No, sad is getting all worked up over preseason ratings. Play the damn games first!!
Amen. The preseason predictions are an objective indication on how others see certain teams and players, but we know from experience they are meaningless and quite often wrong on some level.

None of the team picks or player-picks seem "off" to me.

And before anyone says this is anti-Seton Hall bias, remember we have had plenty of situations where the chips fell differently. Kadary was a preseason all-conference selection last year, I believe (maybe the second team?).

Reactions: mbraue
Yup, pin this to the locker room bulletin board....or I guess put it on the digital screen, or whatever they use now!
"Picked ninth in the Big East Pre-Season Coaches Poll."

Paint it on the walls in our dungeon practice facility so the team sees it every day as they practice.

Add it to the end zones on the Prudential Center floor so other teams can see it while they're getting their rear ends kicked by us.

I'm buying the hype somewhat but barring serious injury issues this team is not finishing as low as ninth.

Fanta just predicted The Hall to make Friday night semis of the BigEast Tournament. He's a believer.
He saw in practice what Jerry saw and what I saw.

Health permitting this is not SHU 22/23 2.0

In the scheme of things this poll means absolutely nothing. If we play well we will get positive attention.

Reactions: SeanieWard
Funny way of answering the first question. Sounds like Willard last year at MD.

So you’re saying you feel like a fly on a toilet seat. Understood. 😉

He saw in practice what Jerry saw and what I saw.

Health permitting this is not SHU 22/23 2.0
Fanta has us picked 8th in the conference, unless he updated his picks. I can see us finishing 6th or 7th, I'd everyone stays healthy and our big man platoon works out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT