ADVERTISEMENT

Carino on Angel

Not only a great rebounder but a really fun player to watch these last four years. His emotion on the court, those key rebounds at the end of the game when he just won't be denied... gonna miss Angel Delgado bigtime after this year. It's been a real treat!

Angel is one of our all-time greats and has represented our university well, IMO. Glad he came back because he deserves all of the acclaim he will receive this year. He’s earned it.

If we retired Mosely’s number, we should retire Delgado’s when all is said and done. I just hope he has the opportunity to showcase himself and make this story national in the NCAA Tournament. That’s the last hurdle and our bugaboo.

High praise from KW as well. He and staff deserve a lot of credit for developing the games of our talented Senior group. Delgado is a completely different player than when he stepped foot on campus.

Wow, Harangody. He used to abuse us during the Gonzo Era.

636251294021776415-mosley2-1-.jpg

Mosely (15.2 RPG), Tynes (2059 points) and Galis (over 27 PPG in his senior year) on the court. I know exactly where I was sitting for these games. Walsh was so loud back then you couldn't talk to the person next to you.

What I find most impressive is this is not a record that was broken as a result of the game changing.

For instance, as the game becomes more perimeter oriented, 3-point records are falling left and right and 3 pointers have not been a stat as long as something like rebounds, which have been a stat the entire time the Big East has been in existence.

This is a very difficult record to break, and Angel worked his ass off in doing so.

We’re going to miss Angel next year. He and the rest of the senior class are the reason I haven’t missed one home game and don’t like to leave my seat because I’ll miss one of their tremendous plays. Many of his passes this year are things of beauty.

It's going to be difficult when they walk out. They've done a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT