ADVERTISEMENT

Creighton @ St John’s

P615007

Junior
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2016
Do not want to jinx it but St John’s is up at halftime 41-28. Let’s go Saint John’s!

Reactions: TomD82
3rd place and perhaps some pressure on Creighton when we play them. Saint Johns is low on the pecking order would bolster our sweep against them.

Creighton has (Seton Hall, Marquette, @Villanova) after today. So honestly, SHU would probably have to beat Creighton to get 3rd place. If not, Creighton would hold the tiebreaker. Should SHU beat Creighton I would think that clinches a birth.

If SJU holds on here, would that help our metric for beating them twice?

Reactions: walshtrips
this is the worst I think I’ve seen Creighton all year. They look almost disinterested

I hate Creighton but I’d rather have them play disinterested against us so that we get the win instead of playing pissed off because they lost to lowly St. John’s.
Not sure they will be disinterested against The Hall either way. 18,000 fans really helps their cause. What may help is them having only one decent practice on Tuesday. They are using a lot of energy today. I'm hoping to obviously win or play them punch for punch. Our guys are trending to play bad second halves on the road.

I hate Creighton but I’d rather have them play disinterested against us so that we get the win instead of playing pissed off because they lost to lowly St. John’s.
Creighton losing today doesn't bode well for us on Wednesday.McDermott,the team and the fans will be up for that game.

Reactions: Jerry1992
St. John’s played well. Alexander was great. Others on Creighton did not bring it. Bet they will on Wednesday. Slick Rick wore his lucky white suit and got the win.

• Haha
OK. I believe the most probable scenario is The Hall playing in the 4/5 2:30 game at MSG. Personally, I'd rather play Providence in that game. With Khadary I would feel confident. Not sure we would want to play SJU again, this time at MSG. We probably now want SJU to lose their next game at Butler. Love to take care of business and get out of the Dayton Round.

I thought Pitino left the Col. Sanders getup in Louisville?

20ba53a793fec9bc454cb1bcfe0efa71.jpg

St. John’s played well. Alexander was great. Others on Creighton did not bring it. Bet they will on Wednesday. Slick Rick wore his lucky white suit and got the win.
I hope our coaching staff takes notes on how the johnnies shut down Creighton's potent offense, particularly their perimeter shooters. It wasn't just an off day for the jays, St John's actually played very good defense.

Why do you want St. John's to win? That would just put them back on the bubble... Media loves Pitino drama... we need less bubble teams, not more.
1. SJU has to remain in the NET 75, or our win at SJU drops to a Quad 2.
2. SJU can't beat us in the Big East Standings no matter what happens.
3. The Creighton loss puts us alone in 3rd place, a half game behind Marquette for second.
4. SJU only has two Quad 1 wins, regardless of their NET they wouldn't be chosen over us as we've beaten them twice.
5. The Elite 8 run by a 16 seed is still fresh in everyone's memories, Sha is as big a draw as Pitino.
6. If teams in the Dance were decided purely on NET rankings there wouldn't be a selection committee.

We will be a lock if we can win 2 games, one must be DePaul.

I don't want Creighton using our Wednesday night game as a must win game to maintain it's ncaa seating. And I don't want St. John's on the bubble again. Go Creighton!!!!
Nobody expects us to beat Creighton on Wednesday. With Creighton having very little rest and prep time, I don't think their loss today puts us at a disadvantage on Wednesday. We need our best defense to show up and a decent perimeter game. Dawes will be the key on Wednesday - NO PRESSURE!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT