ADVERTISEMENT

SHU vs. SJU part 3

Good start for Providence. I don’t think UConn has too much to play for. Curious to see how much motivation they are.

Good start for Providence. I don’t think UConn has too much to play for. Curious to see how much motivation they are.
Danny won’t take his foot off the gas. He’s got his eyes on a repeat. No let ups

Reactions: LBP43
Wonder if Pitino had ever lost 3 times to a team in conf in which there is natural home and away schedule

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
Teams don’t play 3 times too often, so who knows. But he’s been coaching forever so maybe. Obviously most of his records at places are winning ones but historically his first year is always the weakest if not by far the weakest because he has always stepped into rebuilds I believe, just like this year.

Personally I think the 3 times thing is overrated and doesn’t matter at all. Whether it’s for college hoops or football where we’ve seen this occur a bunch.

Statistically the team who won the first two games wins the 3rd 82% of the time. (or something close to that).
This team matches up well with SJU. I like the matchup and a Thursday game with juice at the Garden.

Reactions: SPK145
St. John's it is. Don't love the matchup, but we'll be in it if we come ready to play.

Perfect. Seton Hall accomplished everything St. John’s was hyped to do. Now another chance to knock ‘em out.

4 of their 5 wins are teams with losing BE records so we’ll see.

Reactions: SOpirate
Wonder if Pitino had ever lost 3 times to a team in conf in which there is natural home and away schedule
Wonder if I hate the Johnnies as much as Ricky does?? Could not have picked a better match up for a lot of reasons. ( as love playing at 2:30pm)

this will be registered as a HOME game for sju.

great for shu. way better than facing nova. lose a road game to a bubble team = no big deal. beat a bubble team on the road = another Q1 win and lets talk about seeding!

Reactions: SOSHU
Perfect. Seton Hall accomplished everything St. John’s was hyped to do. Now another chance to knock ‘em out.

4 of their 5 wins are teams with losing BE records so we’ll see.
We actually accomplished more than what they were projected preseason. They finished exactly how they were projected, I believe, as 5th in the league. We essentially replaced Nova who was projected 4th.

Reactions: Piratz
This team matches up well with SJU. I like the matchup and a Thursday game with juice at the Garden.
Agreed. Also 2:30 is a good spot because inevitably there will be work conflicts that prevent folks from attending compared to a post-work start time. I always go to the BE tourney games when I can but already know I have a work obligation that will preclude me from going because of the start time.

Reactions: Piratz
this will be registered as a HOME game for sju.

great for shu. way better than facing nova. lose a road game to a bubble team = no big deal. beat a bubble team on the road = another Q1 win and lets talk about seeding!
I don’t think this is correct.

It’s interesting that after all the games, speculation, dissection, the preseason poll got 4 out of the top 5 right (Only Nova at 4 missed, falling to a 6). We made the biggest jump upwards. Xavier the biggest downwards from 6 to 9.

And the gods work in mysterious ways, because they had to matchup Cooley against with Providence for a third time.

He lost to Villanova three times in 1986. Regular season sweep and a loss in BET.

He lost Syracuse three times in 1987. Twice in Big East regular season and once in NCAA.

That's all I've cared enough to look up.

Looks like a lot of the experts have seton hall as a last 4 bye and St. John’s as last 4 in. If Seton Hall were to lose would they essentially switch spots in the bracketology?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT