ADVERTISEMENT

Darnell Brodie Signs

Saw Brodie at a game or two. Spoke to him briefly n the tunnel leading to court side club. He is huge. Wide body with broad shoulders. Maybe 6-9 but seems so much bigger than angel and Anthony at 6-9. Hope his game matches his physical appearance.

Welcome Darnell, looking forward to seeing you in Pirate Blue! Prepare to work.

Congrats on officially becoming a SH Pirate! Good luck in the future on and off the court.

He doesn't look to be very good. Had 0 points and 0 rebounds in a high school game recently.
Cogent analysis overriding people (coaching staff) that have actually played & know the game. Brilliant. Where's Flnj when you need him? Wait, I think I said what needed to be said, so Flnj stay on The Trove. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjs428
He doesn't look to be very good. Had 0 points and 0 rebounds in a high school game recently.

That was likely the Linden game, where he started but got yanked early. Tough for a big to defend against Linden's 4- or 5-guard lineup and particular brand of ball movement. Pat's, for example, also didn't play as many minutes of their bigs against Linden as they did against other teams. Brodie got yanked soon after a vicious back-door alley-oop slam by his man, and never got back in the game.

That was likely the Linden game, where he started but got yanked early. Tough for a big to defend against Linden's 4- or 5-guard lineup and particular brand of ball movement. Pat's, for example, also didn't play as many minutes of their bigs against Linden as they did against other teams. Brodie got yanked soon after a vicious back-door alley-oop slam by his man, and never got back in the game.
Good thing he won't have to face athletic players at the D-1 big east level..

Reactions: deheremike
Welcome Darnell!! Glad to have you on board. You have been selected to play by a fine group of professional coaches and assts.

That does not include any of the knuckleheads on this board that love to post contrary items only for the sake of hearing there own brain farts.

Welcome aboard and good luck.

I have to think he is behind Anthony on the depth chart.

Willard loves Anthony.

Congratulations and welcome, Mr. Brodie.

My message to you is this: Hit the weight room and... Rebound. Rebound. Rebound. It wins Big East championships.

Go Pirates!

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
What kind of dunce criticize a player in thread designed to welcome the kid here? I'm glad to see we were all taught tact. Save the ill will and criticisms for later, this kid chose us and he deserves our support right now. How about we act like normal people and reserve negative judgement until he actually has a chance to perform and show us what he's got. Ish has dozens of games where he is averaging under 5 and 5, would you say he's not very good? Geez man.

There are always a few posters hiding behind a computer who take pleasure in criticizing others with the least amount of provocation. They are consistent, overbearing and known by all here. In fact I have my doubts that some of them are legitimate Pirate fans and probably just come here to stir up trouble.

There are always a few posters hiding behind a computer who take pleasure in criticizing others with the least amount of provocation. They are consistent, overbearing and known by all here. In fact I have my doubt that some of them are legitimate Pirate fans and probably just come here to stir up trouble.
This !!!!

Wait - people think a 2 star recruit is going to play over a 5th year senior?!

How is that negative in any way, shape, or form???

I thought Myles Carter was going to play over Anthony, too?!?!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT