ADVERTISEMENT

Darnell Brodie Signs

Hey sunshine, this thread is about welcoming a young man to the school. I doubt more than just a couple of people have ever seen him play. Why don't we just congratulate him for signing now and wait to criticize (if warranted) his game until you actually watch him on the court.

http://247sports.com/Player/Darnell-Brodie-84986

#248 according to 247. The fact of the matter is this is a thread to welcome Seton Hall's newest player, not shit on him before he's ever played a minute. Stop being such a negative asshole in every single thread. You are seriously intolerable
Verbal Commits says he's a 2 star recruit.

Is he anyone's top 250??

HallDan & Vegas think Madison Jones was better than Billy Garrett & Ish deserved BE POY.

There are 12 players on a college team. Not all of them are going to be stars.

I simply said he would likely be behind Anthony in his first year. Not sure I understand all the criticism.

HallDan & Vegas think Madison Jones was better than Billy Garrett & Ish deserved BE POY.
Keep up your garbage posts and you are GONE. I am sick and tired of reading your nonsense.

I absolutely never said that Jones was better than Garret. Or that Ish is a BE POY.

This is your last warning. They'll be no others!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many minutes do you think he realistically gets? By the sounds of it he's not very athletic, but if he can fill 10 mins a game at center that would be huge!!!

Crazy as it sounds, a strong argument can be made that Madison was the better PG this year.

Garrett led the Big East in turnovers this year& he basically had the same amount of to & assists. Madison had almost twice as many assists than to's.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
There you go again - misstating facts to defend the indefensible. Don't believe Dan or I ever said what you claimed we said, but nice try #2.

Madison Jones was the 9th best pg in the BE. I wonder if I'm being too negative tho.

Welcome Darnell. Look forward to watching you develop in a Pirate uniform.

Hate to break it to those on this board who don't know, but Seton Hall isn't a school that is going to stack its roster with 4 star players. If they did, half of them would transfer out by year 2, because they wouldn't be getting the minutes they want. Schools like ours need a combination: the occasional stud freshman, a couple of 4 stars, grad transfers/JUCOs, and a couple of under-the-radar 2/3 stars who project as 4 year players that might not contribute much until year 2, 3 and/or 4. This kid bounced around a fair amount, and from what I hear the strength/conditioning he'll get at the college level will help him. But folks connected to local hoops like his upside. We probably won't see much of an impact next year, but if he is contributing as a soph and even more so as a junior/senior, we'll be happy. Need to be patient with kids like this and trust the staff. Ish has developed into a solid BE player over time, and Nzei showed signs this year of becoming a regular contributor as well. Let's hope this kid follows the same curve.

@Vegas pj clearly your reading comprehension is nonexistent. I said "think"

Reactions: HallB
Do you THINK any one would say Madison is better than Billy or Ish as B.E. POY????

What kind of dunce criticize a player in thread designed to welcome the kid here? I'm glad to see we were all taught tact. Save the ill will and criticisms for later, this kid chose us and he deserves our support right now. How about we act like normal people and reserve negative judgement until he actually has a chance to perform and show us what he's got. Ish has dozens of games where he is averaging under 5 and 5, would you say he's not very good? Geez man.
Some guys can't help themselves. No manners- this is an 18 year old we're talking about.

Crazy as it sounds, a strong argument can be made that Madison was the better PG this year.

Garrett led the Big East in turnovers this year& he basically had the same amount of to & assists. Madison had almost twice as many assists than to's.
So hypothetically you actually would have preferred Madison Jones over Billy Garrett at pg for us last year?

Garrett is head and shoulders a better player than Madison. Every team keys on him and Cain because that's basically all Depaul has. Garrett is asked to do everything for that team. Can't compare the stat lines.

So hypothetically you actually would have preferred Madison Jones over Billy Garrett at pg for us last year?

No. I'm just pointing out that Garret had a sub par year. A PG is judged by his assist to turnover ratio & Garret's was horrible. He did score over 15 pts. per game however. Not sure what kind of defender he was. I thought Jones was above average.

Nzei showed signs this year of becoming a regular contributor as well.

I know you didn't mean anything by this, but I felt more than just "signs" from Nzei this year. Once Sanogo was basically out of it for the end of the season and we had Nzei swapping in & out constantly, I felt almost complete confidence with him out there. No discernible drop imo. Sure he wasn't dominating anyone, but he's 100% part of everything we're trying to do out there now. I would be surprised if he isn't significantly better by the time he'll start at the 4 in his senior year.

There are 12 players on a college team. Not all of them are going to be stars.

I simply said he would likely be behind Anthony in his first year. Not sure I understand all the criticism.

Obviously there's a lot you don't understand.
This is a welcome thread... You want to post your "opinion" on the player, this isn't the thread to do it in.

I tried to explain that as simply as possible.
Somehow I still don't know that you'll understand

Reactions: Bluebeard
3r9wef.jpg

Welcome Darnell !!

6-9, 270, great work ethic and solid citizen, SHU kind if guy.

Sign me up all day long.

Was Nzei even a Top250 recruit???

I know this may be a total exception but there was one publication that had Nzei as a top 75 player, may have been sporting news.

I like Nzei a lot, very productive when he gets major minutes. I will defer to some of the experts regarding his defense, I honestly can't evaluate that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT