ADVERTISEMENT

Dre Davis Enters Portal

Its an interesting point. We had heard that Lyons did a lot to change that and was welcoming former athletes and doing more to engage current athletes when he was AD. How long ago were you and athlete at the Hall and how would you comment on the changes that Lyons put in place. I believe he added events for athletes only and also reached out to former athletes more but that is only what I had heard. Curious.
I was there during the Lyons years. Myself and my teammates hear virtually nothing from anyone at SH. The only sort of engagement is the varsity blue meet up at 1 basketball game per year which is usually poorly attended. Lyons was a shake your hand when the camera is around guy and pay no attention at any other point.

No, I blame the folks who should be asking but don’t ask! No alligator arms here either. I give back because I like to pay it forward. If I waited for them to ask I would be donating little to nothing because that is the type of outreach I receive.
I hear from them in a regular basis. Are you saying you don’t?

And honestly what I do is chat up giving with my friends who are alums in case they don’t give. It takes the entire community to make a university successful. This view that they aren’t asking is just not right in my opinion.

I was there during the Lyons years. Myself and my teammates hear virtually nothing from anyone at SH. The only sort of engagement is the varsity blue meet up at 1 basketball game per year which is usually poorly attended. Lyons was a shake your hand when the camera is around guy and pay no attention at any other point.
these views are sad beyond belief. I don’t hear from them so I feel justified in not supporting.

Lyons doesn’t call me. Nyre didn’t call me. Felt doesn’t call me. The deans don’t call me. Yet I give. Silly me.

these views are sad beyond belief. I don’t hear from them so I feel justified in not supporting.

Lyons doesn’t call me. Nyre didn’t call me. Felt doesn’t call me. The deans don’t call me. Yet I give. Silly me.
Those that are on the board are the exception. I did my part. Gave to the recent fundraising with the board. But that’s not reality for 50% of the athlete alum and about 70% of the rest of the alum

I hear from them in a regular basis. Are you saying you don’t?

And honestly what I do is chat up giving with my friends who are alums in case they don’t give. It takes the entire community to make a university successful. This view that they aren’t asking is just not right in my opinion.
Geez, I don’t know how many times I’ve been asked to donate to NIL. The past two weeks have been crazy but even before that there was regular outreach.

Pat Lyons was the best hire SHU has had in last 20 years

The fifth year for COVID is gravy for these guys. He gave 4 years, the first two to Ville and the second two to SHU. In the old system, he would have been done. I have a profound appreciation for his high level of play and his classiness on the floor when wearing a Pirate uniform. If he wants to use the bonus year to take advantage of the current economic circumstances of college ball, I support him. He owes the Hall nothing. But he has my deep gratitude for representing alma mater in such a good way.

The fifth year for COVID is gravy for these guys. He gave 4 years, the first two to Ville and the second two to SHU. In the old system, he would have been done. I have a profound appreciation for his high level of play and his classiness on the floor when wearing a Pirate uniform. If he wants to use the bonus year to take advantage of the current economic circumstances of college ball, I support him. He owes the Hall nothing. But he has my deep gratitude for representing alma mater in such a good way.

Someone correct me if I am wrong because it feels so long ago but under the old old system he would have sat out 22-23, played as a RS Junior in 23-24 and be going into 24-25 as a RS Senior with little to no incentive to transfer again.

Reactions: LBP43
Someone correct me if I am wrong because it feels so long ago but under the old old system he would have sat out 22-23, played as a RS Junior in 23-24 and be going into 24-25 as a RS Senior with little to no incentive to transfer again.
Correct but he’d have any reason to transfer. He wouldn’t be bound to anything as grad transfers are free of restrictions.

Reactions: MooneyHall07
Davis is making the rounds as he should. I wonder here he ends up. He’s visiting with a lot of high profile coaches and big football school money.

So many refer to him as a guard. 🙄

Davis is making the rounds as he should. I wonder here he ends up. He’s visiting with a lot of high profile coaches and big football school money.

So many refer to him as a guard. 🙄
The narrative about him wanting to be close to home in Indiana seems baseless in light of the schools he's looking at. So i suppose it comes down to money.

The narrative about him wanting to be close to home in Indiana seems baseless in light of the schools he's looking at. So i suppose it comes down to money.
It was very clear from day 1 it was about the money. Posters on here speculated he wanted to be close to home. What they failed to realize was baby mama isn’t playing basketball next year and can take care of the baby if Dre gets a big pay day. Doesn’t need to relocate parents again

Reactions: shu09

He may end up going there, but it's clear he is primarily looking for a bag. Third school in five seasons, just another mercenary.

Reactions: mbraue
He may end up going there, but it's clear he is primarily looking for a bag. Third school in five seasons, just another mercenary.
Would it be proper for the fans at his new school to boo him if he has a bad game?

Probably bad taste, but anything goes these days when you're a professional athlete.
Interesting. I never thought booing college players was appropriate and in bad taste. However, the landscape has changed. The players are now being paid like professionals. They have no loyalty to the school as every year is a whole new beginning a recruiting season. I think this is up for debate. We have seen the last days of a player who bleeds school colors. Michael Jordan used to wear his North Carolina practice shorts underneath his Bulls uniform. Those days are gone.

Would it be proper for the fans at his new school to boo him if he has a bad game?
I would not say it is proper for one bad game but if I have paid to watch and donated NIL money and the kid does jack sh##t over the course of more than a few games then yes booing is not only proper but warranted! It comes with being paid and not performing. If I had a job where I was paid to perform well and I sucked I would expect the people who gave their money express their anger with me.

If I don't like their booing then I should not accept their money!

Agree with everything you said except...... "He owes the Hall nothing" I'm sure you wouldn't say "he owes Sha nothing".
The school didn't do so bad by him.

Agree with everything you said except...... "He owes the Hall nothing" I'm sure you wouldn't say "he owes Sha nothing".
The school didn't do so bad by him.
if he gave Sha his best and Sha gave him his best they should both walk away heads held high. If Sha left for Louisville it would’ve been a business decision. Dre is making a business decision. It’s all good. No one owes anyone a thing.

also good to remember that we benefitted from dre transferring to US without sitting out.

Dre to ole miss

Ole Miss.

Good for him. Probably got absurd money.
Coach Chris Beard has been around - we beat him when he was the coach at Texas Tech, I think, on a last second shot by Aiken.

He was fired after domestic violence charges were filed by his finance, charges that were ultimately dropped, I believe.

Mom really wanted her sons to play for Sha. Check.

• Haha
Reactions: Hallhoops
Coach Chris Beard has been around - we beat him when he was the coach at Texas Tech, I think, on a last second shot by Aiken.

He was fired after domestic violence charges were filed by his finance, charges that were ultimately dropped, I believe.

I'm not about the people saying he is a pirate for life....he got his money congrats but hes just another hired gun. If he ended career here I'd feel differently.

Not close here on the aiken timeline

I'm not about the people saying he is a pirate for life....he got his money congrats but hes just another hired gun. If he ended career here I'd feel differently.
They are all hired guns now. Here or not. If KR comes back, it isn’t because he feels allegiance to Seton Hall. It’s because it’s the best thing for him financially and otherwise.

Trilly called t

Trilly called this one since before the NIT final. Sad things are like this

Yup, Beard finally get a chance to get some revenge on us. Strange destination IMO. But hopefully Dre made it worth his while to go there. All the best to him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT