ADVERTISEMENT

Dre Davis Enters Portal

Noah Reisenfeld. Dre’s “agent”.

It’s honestly disappointing and telling that Dre decides this is the type of person and image that he wants to represent him and his family.

This guy looks like a complete deuche and somebody out to steal Dre’s and every other one of his clients money.

NIL era has let sleazy young kids like this with no substance and no expertise make a quick buck off kids like Dre who I guess don’t know any better. Especially perplexing given Dre’s dad’s background as a coach

It’s honestly disappointing and telling that Dre decides this is the type of person and image that he wants to represent him and his family.

This guy looks like a complete deuche and somebody out to steal Dre’s and every other one of his clients money.

NIL era has let sleazy young kids like this with no substance and no expertise make a quick buck off kids like Dre who I guess don’t know any better. Especially perplexing given Dre’s dad’s background as a coach
Big Douche vibes

Reactions: shu09 and LBP43
I ask again: speculation or other...
What did he get from us?
What did we offer?
What is he getting at Miss.?

Is Jaden a "pirate for life"?

In this day and age, I just don’t feel connections to the players. I wish him well, but really don’t care how he does for Ole Miss just like I didn’t follow past transfers.

I will continue to cheer for SHU. Care little these days about the names on the back.

Those who suit up this year are my guys. If they choose to leave, thank you for your time and carry on. They’re pros now. Feel no different than how I feel about Saquon Barkley.

I actually think this post is more telling about you. Because you got a bad vibe from an instagram page which is basically him and athletes, this is telling of Dre and his family. That is complete nonsense. Actually disgusting. Tell me you know stories of him ripping someone off. Tell me you sat at the next table and saw him treat a waiter like pure crap. Not that you saw an instragram page and this is telling of Dre and his family.

In this day and age, I just don’t feel connections to the players. I wish him well, but really don’t care how he does for Ole Miss just like I didn’t follow past transfers.

I will continue to cheer for SHU. Care little these days about the names on the back.

Those who suit up this year are my guys. If they choose to leave, thank you for your time and carry on. They’re pros now. Feel no different than how I feel about Saquon Barkley.
You're a better man than I am. The fact professional athletes care more about the front of the jersey than college players do disgusts me. I actually think pros are better because you can guarantee every single college player will be putting out feelers of where they can get more money by February. As a fan you're hopefully gearing up for the tournament and your players are gearing up for the next school to pay them. In the pros they sign on 3 or 4 year contract and there is no more feelers out for where can I get more money.

Seriously, I'm jealous of your approach. I just can't do it myself.

Reactions: donnie_baseball
The 5th year won’t exist, but guys will be going from team to team with no penalty every year. Some guys have played for 4 schools, it’s just absurd. Imagine Patrick Mahomes going from team to team to team. It’s not good for the sport and it’s not good for the fans. It’s fun for the rich schools now but eventually this will wear thin and lose viewership. I won’t be missed but I’m pretty sure I’ll spend more on Devils tickets than Seton Hall tickets next season for the first time since Stevens and Brodeur were winning cups.
I still watch SHU basketball on TV but did not renew my tickets this past year because of the NIL BS and the free agency where kids jump from team to team. Notice I did not say school to school. It appears that the student part of student-athlete went out the window. I went to at least half of the Devils home games and loved it. If my kids did not have games or practices, I would have gone to more.

If this NIL and free agency ever come back to some sort of normalcy, I'll be the first one back at the SHU ticket office.

I am with you. Maybe I am a jerk, but I wont think much about him. If he is on TV I may watch a little. I wasnt certain if Ty was on Fla of Fl St for most of the year.

I hope he and his family have a good life.

I dont root for Joc Peterson since the Dodgers traded him.

I root for my team. The experience of seeing a kid choose SHU and watch him grow into manhood is maybe something that is gone. And for me it was one of the real joys of college hoops. I have often called our coach the Great Shaheen. And as great as he was as a player, the reason I did was cause as I watched him grow, I thought I was watching a kid who got it. As a human.

I'll give what I can to nil/pfp cause I love SHU hoops and think good hoops is a positive for SHU. I also think it pathetic that a place of learning is so effected by its sports teams. But that thought predates nil by decades.

I agree with this, I am not down with rent-a-players.

Reactions: Jerry1992
I am with you. Maybe I am a jerk, but I wont think much about him. If he is on TV I may watch a little. I wasnt certain if Ty was on Fla of Fl St for most of the year.

The thing that has been special about college sports for me was having a small connection to the players. Following many of them in high school and then cheering for them through their college career and when they come back to watch games etc.

If Coleman breaks out next year (assuming he is still here) then we won't be able to afford him for his last year. Just have to root for name on the front and not care at all about who's wearing it?

I don't blame the players. If someone is willing to throw them an absurd amount of money, they should take it. It just sucks as a fan to watch what made the sport special get ruined.

These later visits help Sha gage the market for quality/price. Our fan base must stay patient as Coach fits the pieces.

I wonder if he really thought about this very well. He had a chance to play one more year for SHU. The benefits besides playing in the Big East (some saying the #2 power conference) are that he is playing in one of the best areas of the country to showcase your talents..the NY metro area with 3 Pro basketball teams and tons of scouts, tons of media coverage etc... Besides that Sha would take good care of him as a student, person and player.

What does Ole Miss have compared to that? Nada.

He may have gone for the quick big buck in the short term in the long term his agent screwed him. I think he would have been better off taking less money one more year and showing his abilities in the best area in the US for Hoops. It might have paid off much more when he went pro.

Reactions: PF58
I wonder if he really thought about this very well. He had a chance to play one more year for SHU. The benefits besides playing in the Big East (some saying the #2 power conference) are that he is playing in one of the best areas of the country to showcase your talents..the NY metro area with 3 Pro basketball teams and tons of scouts, tons of media coverage etc... Besides that Sha would take good care of him as a student, person and player.

What does Ole Miss have compared to that? Nada.

He may have gone for the quick big buck in the short term in the long term his agent screwed him. I think he would have been better off taking less money one more year and showing his abilities in the best area in the US for Hoops. It might have paid off much more when he went pro.
He'll make more money at Ole Miss next year than he would at Seton Hall. And he'll make more money next year at Ole Miss than he ever would as a pro regardless of where he'd play next year. And Chris Beard is a heckuva coach with some NBA players to his credit.

Like I said a short term financial benefit at the expense of long term career goals which may mean more money in the long term and more success. Money can't buy you happiness. There are other things in life that make a person happy and I can give you and Dre a long list. While lots of money is nice to have it is not the true measure of success and happiness.

Like I said a short term financial benefit at the expense of long term career goals which may mean more money in the long term and more success. Money can't buy you happiness. There are other things in life that make a person happy and I can give you and Dre a long list. While lots of money is nice to have it is not the true measure of success and happiness.
Agree and add How about winning? That's up there to
And if he stayed we had a great shot doing that again

How can you be so sure that he’s hurting his long-term potential? There’s just no way of knowing.

What shows is that you care about SHU more than he does, which is also understandable for both you and Davis, given where you’ve been for a long time and where he was up until two years ago.

He'll make more money at Ole Miss next year than he would at Seton Hall. And he'll make more money next year at Ole Miss than he ever would as a pro regardless of where he'd play next year. And Chris Beard is a heckuva coach with some NBA players to his credit.
I would love to know what Ole Miss gave him, and what we could afford, assuming he had to be one of our top priorities. It would be telling of our chances with other high-level players going forward, and our ability to keep the ones that Sha is able to get at a bargain price and coach up.

Long term potential is not even a consideration anymore. That was a thing before they could openly get more money immediately than they would developing. Cash in year to year is all that matters.

I’m sure Dre is absolutely miserable with his fat pockets right about now.

We all realize that scholarship are 1 year renewable. We all realize that coaches can just get rid of players that they don't feel fit the program (Pitino isn't the first, he just just made it loud and visible). We all realize that coaches with contracts move around all the time. All the rules were piled up against the athletes for decades.

Dre got 2 years of scholarships and gave us 2 years of everything. He doesn't owe anyone any explanation of why who or what. If he got 900K to go play for the wife beater and he thinks its the right move for him and his budding family, good for him. That's serious money. That's money that can start him off on the right foot after he's done with college.

Spoken like someone without any perspective at all. If you think money fixes problems or only creates happiness, good luck with that.
So we’re just going to assume that’s he’s not happy with his new home and massive payday? Also what problems does he have since you have such great perspective and seem to know him well?

Reactions: chickenbox
Spoken like someone without any perspective at all. If you think money fixes problems or only creates happiness, good luck with that.
I have been blessed to have lived a happy life. And whenever I cashed a big check, it made me a little happier. Doesnt buy happiness, but cashing a a big check can improve most situations.

this is why i love having Sha. hes the one person we can root for that's not the mascot.

btw, how are any of these guys graduating? credits don't transfer to everywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: Merge
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT