ADVERTISEMENT

Dude should have got vaxxed

Yes, and Dan Fogelberg regretted not getting his PSA checked.

Unfortunately, too many supersize their meals and that statin seat belt is pretty much worthless.

This is a common refrain from those who are dying now.
Unfortunately, if you are texting, under the influence and driving twice the speed limit, a seatbelt doesn’t do much good. People just need to be more responsible about their own health.

Reactions: jmt6762
People just need to be more responsible about their own health.
The government should assist. Stop taking money from food lobbyists. Have real independent research on the chemicals we are putting in our body’s whether it be caffeine, additives, preservatives, etc. The system is designed for people to fail in trying to be healthy.

The government should assist. Stop taking money from food lobbyists. Have real independent research on the chemicals we are putting in our body’s whether it be caffeine, additives, preservatives, etc. The system is designed for people to fail in trying to be healthy.
Absolutely. Another reason to be a little skeptical about government messaging.

Reactions: shu09
Or you know be healthier
moronic comment. this is situational. the man cant just snap his fingers and be healthier. the vaccine was an instant fix to better his situation and he refused.

yes he should be healtheir, but being healthier isnt a solution to dealing with the pandemic. so dumb that people try to sneak that in as a solution at this point.

Side note, love the fact that a bunch of family quotes come from the GoFundMe site… because a responsible father of 5 doesn’t need life insurance, maybe the community will be sure his family is financially secure.

GoFundMe is not life insurance. That is all.

End rant.

Reactions: SHUSA
moronic comment. this is situational. the man cant just snap his fingers and be healthier. the vaccine was an instant fix to better his situation and he refused.

yes he should be healtheir, but being healthier isnt a solution to dealing with the pandemic. so dumb that people try to sneak that in as a

yes he should be healtheir, but being healthier isnt a solution to dealing with the pandemic. so dumb that people try to sneak that in as a solution at this point.

This isn't just one situation. Many covid deaths were due to obesity. Many people chose to pack on pounds during the pandemic and it put them more at risk. Time for people to take on responsibility. Obesity is very preventable.

This isn't just one situation. Many covid deaths were due to obesity. Many people chose to pack on pounds during the pandemic and it put them more at risk. Time for people to take on responsibility. Obesity is very preventable.
Exactly! Your personal health has a direct impact on your risk factors. Ignoring your health is the greatest way to increase your risk of hospitalization or death.

Exactly! Your personal health has a direct impact on your risk factors. Ignoring your health is the greatest way to increase your risk of hospitalization or death.
While that is true, all those people would have had a chance to lose weight, or quit smoking or improve their health. Now they don't because they did not want to get a shot. Foolish and silly.

While that is true, all those people would have had a chance to lose weight, or quit smoking or improve their health. Now they don't because they did not want to get a shot. Foolish and silly.

Or you could just not put yourself in that position in the first place. No one is shoving food or cigarettes into people's mouths.

Reactions: Pirata
the extra 15 didnt do anything. stop.

increase risk. but not putting on an extra 15 is a solution to covid? hah, you and co know how dumb this entire argument is. maybe the dumbest yet.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Or you could just not put yourself in that position in the first place. No one is shoving food or cigarettes into people's mouths.
some people die who arent obese. in fact many have died from covid who arent obese. if only there was an actual solution instead of the moronic "be healthier" solution the squad is iterating here.

While true, we don’t yet have time machines. If you are at risk due to health issues and live in an area where Covid is spreading, your choices aren’t to start dieting and exercising now or struggle with Covid. It’s get vaccinated or struggle with Covid.

some people die who arent obese. in fact many have died from covid who arent obese. if only there was an actual solution instead of the moronic "be healthier" solution the squad is iterating here.
The vast majority of fatalities and hospitalizations have been those with comorbitities. Yes, some are genetic. But the fact is, taking the steps to improve your personal risk profile will dramatically improve your chances of surviving the virus. We should be promoting this.

increase risk. but not putting on an extra 15 is a solution to covid? hah, you and co know how dumb this entire argument is. maybe the dumbest yet.
Has nothing to do with COVID 15. Everything to do with managing your health and risk factors.

While true, we don’t yet have time machines. If you are at risk due to health issues and live in an area where Covid is spreading, your choices aren’t to start dieting and exercising now or struggle with Covid. It’s get vaccinated or struggle with Covid.
No time machines but we’ve had 17 months since Covid started. We didn’t just figure out yesterday risk is related to health.

No time machines but we’ve had 17 months since Covid started. We didn’t just figure out yesterday risk is related to health.

If you're obese or have health issues due to bad choices, the best time to address that is now. Though those issues will not be addressed quickly enough for you to remove your elevated risk from Covid.

Again, anyone who is obese today should get vaccinated today. They should also live a healthier lifestyle from here on... But that 2nd part is kind of contingent on them not dying from Covid.

Reactions: NYShoreGuy
If you're obese or have health issues due to bad choices, the best time to address that is now. Though those issues will not be addressed quickly enough for you to remove your elevated risk from Covid.

Again, anyone who is obese today should get vaccinated today. They should also live a healthier lifestyle from here on... But that 2nd part is kind of contingent on them not dying from Covid.
I concur on this full 100...anyone not living a 100 percent health and wellness full lifestyle should do so starting now but get vaxxed....Jan 2021 I was not living my best life...complacent with food intake and diet I was eating....blood labs showed the correlation....just had blood again Thurs as I see my endocrinologist again on 8.12, everything that was up in January is now in normal levels....beef and pork down, chicken, turkey and fish up, more plants more grains and fiber....20 miles of walk a week, other physical activities, I am down 18 lbs since Jan...sadly for me it should not have taken a sad blood panel followed by a cancer diagnosis to impact change...this Friday btw, is 6 months since the scariest health scare and night I had in my adult life and it had nothing to do with a cancer diagnosis and everything to do with a bacterial infection that started at the biopsy site. I would not wish those symptoms on anyone just like I wish those would take Covid more seriously especially when there is access to layer of protection.

Last edited:

You choose to be okay that these people have not addressed their issues over the last 17 months when it was known basically the entire time that these conditions impact your chances of getting affected seriously by Covid. Our government under both Trump and Biden have failed to address that issue. Trump was President when it started but Biden’s had a voice from being on the campaign trail. If either of them pushed getting healthy like the government and media are pushing getting the vaccine, a lot of people wouldn’t need a vaccine that hasn’t been studied for 3-5 years like most vaccines.

Reactions: HALL85
A hockey goalie has to protect a 6 x 4 foot net. I've always felt that protecting a 2-in by 2-in opening (a mouth) was a lot easier.

Last edited:

I never suggested that you shouldn’t get the vaccine if you have a comorbidity. Everyone should talk to their doctor or health professional and make the best decision for your situation. But, the data clearly shows that being healthy gives you the best chances to avoid serious illness or death. They should be emphasized every single day.

I never suggested that you shouldn’t get the vaccine if you have a comorbidity. Everyone should talk to their doctor or health professional and make the best decision for your situation. But, the data clearly shows that being healthy gives you the best chances to avoid serious illness or death. They should be emphasized every single day.
Emphasizing the vaccine creates the divide. There’s no division created when you promote people getting healthy. People will unite around that.

LOL!!! People lost their minds at the suggestion that people eat less meat during a town hall from Harris during the campaign. No division?
Promoting health and telling people how they have to go about it are 2 different things. Wouldn’t you agree?

also how about the party of science explain the problems such as inflammation meat causes throughout the body. My bet is if they did, the lobbyists would want them out in a second. If the science gets known to the average person it would be easy to persuade people to eat less meat than just tell them you have to eat less meat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pirata and HALL85
Promoting health and telling people how they have to go about it are 2 different things. Wouldn’t you agree?

Yep, I would... and people lost their shit at that Harris said she would change the dietary guidelines to be more healthy. Not anything about telling people how they have to eat but trying to provide more education about what we are eating.

Yep, I would... and people lost their shit at that Harris said she would change the dietary guidelines to be more healthy. Not anything about telling people how they have to eat but trying to provide more education about what we are eating.
She never provided the education. Provide the education and let people make their own choices. Don’t be the almighty one who is going to make changes for us. Provide the science and let people decide for themselves.

Were there more important things to do for the Vice President of the United States of America than educating people about health which would prevent these Covid cases.

Last edited:
Side note, love the fact that a bunch of family quotes come from the GoFundMe site… because a responsible father of 5 doesn’t need life insurance, maybe the community will be sure his family is financially secure.

GoFundMe is not life insurance. That is all.

End rant.
Watch out…knees and merge will be very mad at you for bringing up finances and insinuating something (wonder if this guy took his family to Disney?). By the way - What have some people been saying about the vax and socioeconomics?

• Haha
Reactions: Pirata
Watch out…knees and merge will be very mad at you for bringing up finances and insinuating something (wonder if this guy took his family to Disney?). By the way - What have some people been saying about the vax and socioeconomics?
Government overreach, perhaps? At the tail end of a 13-year bull run, we could have stood to sustain a bit of a pullback. A 2-month recession (yes, they categorized a beginning and an end) turning into all-time market highs in the midst of a global pandemic is a little nuts. Gonna have to pay the piper eventually but they’ll keep kicking that can down the road as far as they can. Because, you know, it’s easier to be re-elected in good economic times - whatever your party.

Reactions: HALL85 and Hallsome
You choose to be okay that these people have not addressed their issues over the last 17 months when it was known basically the entire time that these conditions impact your chances of getting affected seriously by Covid. Our government under both Trump and Biden have failed to address that issue. Trump was President when it started but Biden’s had a voice from being on the campaign trail. If either of them pushed getting healthy like the government and media are pushing getting the vaccine, a lot of people wouldn’t need a vaccine that hasn’t been studied for 3-5 years like most vaccines.
Remember Michelle Obama tried her healthy eating program and get moving program? Yup the Republicans skewered her. Said all sorts of dumb things like the government should say out of our kitchen. I think Hall85 will said something like Michelle Obama caved in on the standards to special interests. But who cares? Was it a few steps in the right direction? Of course it was. Don't let perfection be the enemy of the good.

You can't have it both ways now.

Remember Michelle Obama tried her healthy eating program and get moving program? Yup the Republicans skewered her. Said all sorts of dumb things like the government should say out of our kitchen. I think Hall85 will said something like Michelle Obama caved in on the standards to special interests. But who cares? Was it a few steps in the right direction? Of course it was. Don't let perfection be the enemy of the good.

You can't have it both ways now.
Republicans or lobbyists shut her up. Was Michelle Obama so scared of the republicans that she changed her campaign to focus less on eating and more on exercise? Or was it follow the money and the lobbyists? The Republicans made her change. That’s a good one.

Republicans said stupid stuff just like Democrats say stupid stuff. Peaceful protests, summer of love. Just because the other side says stupid stuff doesn’t mean you quit on your programs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hallsome and HALL85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT