ADVERTISEMENT

Equity

Need more context.

Was the question she was asked about this hurricane or was the question she was asked about how we respond to global climate change?

I'm not sure what she was saying to be honest. However, the tweet doesn't go along with that clip. But then again, the VP is not a significant person of influence in this administration. She has been terrible.

I'm not sure what she was saying to be honest. However, the tweet doesn't go along with that clip. But then again, the VP is not a significant person of influence in this administration. She has been terrible.

Agree that she has been terrible… but for those interested, no, she wasn’t saying we should help hurricane victims of color first as a priority. It was a much broader question that was asked.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
She is just an idiot who is so far over her head if is disgraceful.Should have contest on who is more incompetent her or the dopey press secretar.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when you check the box. You get incompetent candidates that set the equality movement back.

Reactions: afghan whigs
harris was the worst choice for vp by far and the dems picked her. almost cost biden the election for good reason.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
harris was the worst choice for vp by far and the dems picked her. almost cost biden the election for good reason.

Who would you have picked? She had a very minimal impact on the election. If anything, she helped because she checked a box. That's what they were going for with her selection.

I don't believe her answer was about the hurricane relief. I'd love if someone could provide a full clip of the question and the answer.

Harris stinks, she isn't qualified for the job, but no need to make up lies.

Who would you have picked? She had a very minimal impact on the election. If anything, she helped because she checked a box. That's what they were going for with her selection.
shes the only choice that could have made a dem vote for trump. anyone but her. was sayin this long before the election

She was certainly qualified for the job. She was DA of SF, Attorney General of California and a US Senator. However, her execution and performance level on the big stage has not been good. It's been poor. She has been unfairly attacked for somethings. However, she has been an albatross around the neck of Biden. She should not be on the ticket next time around. Perhaps she will have some "health issues" so she could not run again. Promise her a future great diplomatic gig in Spain or Italy.

Reactions: Merge
She was certainly qualified for the job. She was DA of SF, Attorney General of California and a US Senator. However, her execution and performance level on the big stage has not been good. It's been poor. She has been unfairly attacked for somethings. However, she has been an albatross around the neck of Biden. She should not be on the ticket next time around. Perhaps she will have some "health issues" so she could not run again. Promise her a future great diplomatic gig in Spain or Italy.

Agree. On paper she was fine but she has been pretty bad.

Her background reflects she's qualified. How she rose in politics is an entirely different matter and should make folks hit the "pause" button about touting her qualifications. She isn't the first one for that to be the case, of course. There are plenty who are less qualified than what they seem on paper. But she's in that same boat, and won't be the lost. She got the nomination because she is (a) a woman and (b) African American. To check the identity politics boxes, and probably because she was part of the "Clyburn deal" to get Biden to win South Carolina and have everyone coalesce around him to beat Trump as the best candidate positioned to do so.

Anecdotally, I know several attorneys (all D's or mostly loyal D voters) who dealt with her on various substantive issues when she was AG of California. And they weren't impressed on multiple fronts. Not because of the position they took or she took, because these are folks who laud their most staunch opponents, whether they like them or not.

Just because she was elected to public office doesn’t make her qualified. Palin was a governor and had budget/P&L responsibility which is more important. Both are comparable IMO. Harris has not been unfairly attacked, in fact the MSM protects her way beyond what they should.

shes the only choice that could have made a dem vote for trump. anyone but her. was sayin this long before the election

This is patently false. She had good support among liberals. A minority woman from the radical left wing state of California. A new age (last 10 years) liberal's dream. Someone with her qualifications and record would never have come close to the White House even as recently as 15 years ago. I'm not sure someone like Bill Clinton (a liberal but not extreme, governed from the center for the most part) could win the Democratic nomination today. He's not left enough.

Yeah so she'll finally get to Europe.

• Haha
Reactions: cernjSHU
This is patently false. She had good support among liberals. A minority woman from the radical left wing state of California. A new age (last 10 years) liberal's dream. Someone with her qualifications and record would never have come close to the White House even as recently as 15 years ago. I'm not sure someone like Bill Clinton (a liberal but not extreme, governed from the center for the most part) could win the Democratic nomination today. He's not left enough.
you dont know anything. no idea. why do u think the the election was so close?

dem voters largely hated her. emphasis on large.

youre delusional about the woke left, not the majority just like the trump right isnt (although it was up until very recently)

The left has not been close to getting the Democratic nomination. They have all failed. The Democratic Party heart is still moderate. However, it needs its new Bill Clinton. One who is intelligent, practical and charismatic. I just don't see who it can be. Pete Buttigieg has skills. He is probably the best speaker that they have. He just lacks experience. Who else? I don't know about Andy Beshear and Roy Cooper. But when I see Democrats as governors in southern states, it makes me think they are moderates and someone to pay attention to.

The left has not been close to getting the Democratic nomination. They have all failed. The Democratic Party heart is still moderate. However, it needs its new Bill Clinton. One who is intelligent, practical and charismatic. I just don't see who it can be. Pete Buttigieg has skills. He is probably the best speaker that they have. He just lacks experience. Who else? I don't know about Andy Beshear and Roy Cooper. But when I see Democrats as governors in southern states, it makes me think they are moderates and someone to pay attention to.
Bernie would have gotten the nomination if everyone didn’t drop out and support Biden in the primary.

you dont know anything. no idea. why do u think the the election was so close?

dem voters largely hated her. emphasis on large.

youre delusional about the woke left, not the majority just like the trump right isnt (although it was up until very recently)

Lol, you are so incorrect. The election was not "so close." In fact, it was not very close at all.

The left will come very close in 2024 (if Biden doesn't run) and might get it. The majority of possible candidates being discussed are quite left wing.

Just read the tea leaves over the last 5-10 years. The heart of the party has shifted left. It's not 1996, 2000 or even 2004 anymore. In fact, the VP selections reveal more than you might think - Gore, Lieberman (!), Edwards, Biden (pre-presidency) and even Tim Kaine were nowhere close to the hard left of the party.

Bernie would have gotten the nomination if everyone didn’t drop out and support Biden in the primary.
This is not even close to being true. Bernie dropped out in April. He got crushed by Biden since South Carolina, lost most states on Super Tuesday. Biden had the election in early March. That is why Bernie dropped out. He didn't have a chance.

This is not even close to being true. Bernie dropped out in April. He got crushed by Biden since South Carolina, lost most states on Super Tuesday. Biden had the election in early March. That is why Bernie dropped out. He didn't have a chance.
My recall is Bernie lasted longer against Hillary. Biden didn't do well in the first few states and then the powers that be, scared of Bernie potentially winning, galvanized around him in South Carolina (with Clyburn leading the way on the AA turnout/support), the other candidates starting dropping out and supporting him, and it was clear Bernie wasn't going to have any shot.

Reactions: HALL85 and shu09
Democrats in Southern states; Republicans in true "purple" states.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT