ADVERTISEMENT

Female Olympic boxer quits in fight against biological male

SHUMatt

All American
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2005
How in the world is this allowed to happen? She quit because she feared for her life. I don't care how you what to live your life. If dressing and acting like a woman makes you feel better inside, more power to you. However, common sense has to come into play at some point. We are so afraid of offending the PC community, but we don't care about protecting women. Wasn't the sole purpose of Title 9 to protect women's rights.

How in the world is this allowed to happen? She quit because she feared for her life. I don't care how you what to live your life. If dressing and acting like a woman makes you feel better inside, more power to you. However, common sense has to come into play at some point. We are so afraid of offending the PC community, but we don't care about protecting women. Wasn't the sole purpose of Title 9 to protect women's rights.
Women’s rights, not women’s health or lives. The only time a woman’s health matters is when she gets knocked up and does not want to deal with the consequences.

I always thought softball would be the sport that would draw this attention, but maybe now people will see. Curious if people still think a reaction like yours and mine is transphobic.

Women’s rights, not women’s health or lives. The only time a woman’s health matters is when she gets knocked up and does not want to deal with the consequences.

I always thought softball would be the sport that would draw this attention, but maybe now people will see. Curious if people still think a reaction like yours and mine is transphobic.
Not transphobic at all. There are three places trans women don't belong, girl's bathrooms, girl's locker rooms and girl's sports. How else they live their lives is up to them.

Reactions: Abbo71
If you ask me it’s pretty dam weird that Biden and Harris cannot see where this is going. I would bet 90% of all males agree with the opinions being expressed above. Hard to defend these policies, even harder to defend teenagers making decisions to changed their gender without approval from their parents. I imagine some women will need to get hurt and file lawsuits for things to change. They have the right to choose not to compete which is sad. Too bad we cannot interview them to understand what they are thinking and then have to field questions without a teleprompter. They get to hide from the American people. Pretty dam weird.

Reactions: Abbo71
Well, this post has been up for several hours and I thought it was about time somebody pointed out that this is a lie, the boxer is a biological female.

It's literally illegal in Algeria to change gender.

You all have found a way to attack transgender people when there isn't even a transgender person to attack. Very impressive.

Well, this post has been up for several hours and I thought it was about time somebody pointed out that this is a lie, the boxer is a biological female.

It's literally illegal in Algeria to change gender.

You all have found a way to attack transgender people when there isn't even a transgender person to attack. Very impressive.

He was disqualified last year from the World Games for having XY chromosome. In case you didn’t know that is what males have. XX is the chromosomes women have. Nice try though.

He was disqualified last year from the World Games for having XY chromosome. In case you didn’t know that is what males have. XX is the chromosomes women have. Nice try though.
One in 15,000 children born female have XY chromosome. It's not unheard of. There are 2800 people in the world who are at least 7 feet tall, should they be banned from playing basketball because they are a genetic rarity?

Imane Kelif was at the 2020 Olympics as well and lost in the quarterfinals. I'm sure you were just as upset it about all this back then as well, right?

One in 15,000 children born female have XY chromosome. It's not unheard of. There are 2800 people in the world who are at least 7 feet tall, should they be banned from playing basketball because they are a genetic rarity?

Imane Kelif was at the 2020 Olympics as well and lost in the quarterfinals. I'm sure you were just as upset it about all this back then as well, right?

That is a questionable statistic, floated by a European researcher without actual studies. The boxer in question has XY genotype and elevated levels of testosterone, which gives them a strength and endurance advantage. This boxer was banned from international competition, rightly, because of the genotype, regardless if they are a phenotypic female. It's a combat sport, not sure how that doesn't make sense to you. IOC parted ways with the international amateur boxing governing body after decades, obviously because of their decisions on these two genotypic males.

Well, there are two issues here.
1) Is she Trans? some here believe she is. If she is trans, then clearly she should not be allowed to participate in women's sports especially boxing. That is an unfair advantage. However, I have no idea how this is a political thing. She is not American. She is Algerian and we know how liberal the Algerians all are. lol

2) Is she born a girl? Well, if she is a girl, then it must be pretty difficult for a woman to be crucified by so many people calling her a man. The culture wars make these issues into big deals when people are without the facts. How this is made political is ridiculous. Now, this also brings up another question.

Assume she has XY chromosomes but was born with vagina? Then what? This is rare but it happens. Is she considered a man or woman in terms of sports?

I would like to know facts instead of assuming facts like so many are doing here. The fact that she is Algerian sort of makes it more likely she is not trans. But, the fact is, we should know facts as does the IOC need to know facts. How there are questions concerning this is a big problem.

1) Is she Trans? some here believe she is. If she is trans, then clearly she should not be allowed to participate in women's sports especially boxing. That is an unfair advantage. However, I have no idea how this is a political thing. She is not American. She is Algerian and we know how liberal the Algerians all are. lol

2) Is she born a girl? Well, if she is a girl, then it must be pretty difficult for a woman to be crucified by so many people calling her a man. The culture wars make these issues into big deals when people are without the facts. How this is made political is ridiculous. Now, this also brings up another question.

Assume she has XY chromosomes but was born with vagina? Then what? This is rare but it happens. Is she considered a man or woman in terms of sports?

I would like to know facts instead of assuming facts like so many are doing here. The fact that she is Algerian sort of makes it more likely she is not trans. But, the fact is, we should know facts as does the IOC need to know facts. How there are questions concerning this is a big problem.

Fair questions, and pseudohermaphrodism, which you describe, is fairly uncommon. I agree that the person should not be crucified or blamed, and it doesn't need to be political. With combat sports, in particular, it seems like a safety issue.

it seems like scenario #2 which means she hit the genetic lottery which is how 99% of these athletes get to the olympics anyway.

Reactions: SHallguy2
I looked further into the issue learned that this boxer was born with a vagina and male parts that have not developed upon birth. She was raised as a female as you would expect from parents when a child has a vagina. As she got older her male genes started taking over. Her male parts were developing internally giving her male amounts of testosterone, muscle mass and the bone structure of typical males and even XY chromosomes. She is basically a male with a vagina. She continued to live the life as a female and compete in female sports.

While anyone would be heartless not to feel bad for her, it still does not make it fair or safe to compete against traditional female athletes. We have to stop putting the feelings/safety of true female athletes covered under Title 9 aside in favor of not hurting the feelings of an extremely small percentage of the population.

I looked further into the issue learned that this boxer was born with a vagina and male parts that have not developed upon birth. She was raised as a female as you would expect from parents when a child has a vagina. As she got older her male genes started taking over. Her male parts were developing internally giving her male amounts of testosterone, muscle mass and the bone structure of typical males and even XY chromosomes. She is basically a male with a vagina. She continued to live the life as a female and compete in female sports.

While anyone would be heartless not to feel bad for her, it still does not make it fair or safe to compete against traditional female athletes. We have to stop putting the feelings/safety of true female athletes covered under Title 9 aside in favor of not hurting the feelings of an extremely small percentage of the population.
nah feel like you're moving the goalposts. you would say she should use the women's restroom. then she should play women's sports.

her curse is now a positive in sports and she should be allowed to exploit it like any other biological freak athlete.

was a women since birth, has the female genitals, never decided to be a man. you gotta pick a stance and stay with it. youre not doing that here.

Reactions: batts
nah feel like you're moving the goalposts. you would say she should use the women's restroom. then she should play women's sports.

her curse is now a positive in sports and she should be allowed to exploit it like any other biological freak athlete.

was a women since birth, has the female genitals, never decided to be a man. you gotta pick a stance and stay with it. youre not doing that here.
Oh, I have a stance. Just because I feel bad does not give him/her the right to fight women. He/she is not a freak athletically, he/she is a freak of nature. There is a huge difference between the two.

Oh, I have a stance. Just because I feel bad does not give him/her the right to fight women. He/she is not a freak athletically, he/she is a freak of nature. There is a huge difference between the two.
most olympians are freaks of nature. there have been boxers of the same gender that have literally killed other boxers.

also shouldnt really look at here as a "freak" im sure if she could she would have been born "normal" as you may put it.

most olympians are freaks of nature. there have been boxers of the same gender that have literally killed other boxers.

also shouldnt really look at here as a "freak" im sure if she could she would have been born "normal" as you may put it.
Olympians are incredibly gifted athletes, not freaks. Freak is defined as - a person, animal, or plant with an unusual physical abnormality. I wasn't using the term freak in a derogatory way, I was using the literal definition referring to the abnormality. I believe having both male and female parts is an abnormality.

Olympians are incredibly gifted athletes, not freaks. Freak is defined as - a person, animal, or plant with an unusual physical abnormality. I wasn't using the term freak in a derogatory way, I was using the literal definition referring to the abnormality. I believe having both male and female parts is an abnormality.
so is ultra flexibility an abnormality? being 7'6" an abnormality? the ethiopian runners literally have different genes. rock climbers have abnormalities in their brain. "manly" female athlete wins physical sport. i dont see her pummeling heads into the ground. doesnt seem to be a lia thomas situation.

so your proposal is to change the rule to chromosome test every single athlete and ban the XYs?

btw apparently the girl who withdrew had no business being there

Reactions: Robot_Man
Since you cannot make a distinction between being tall, flexible, or a rock climber with a male (XY chromosomes) having a vagina, I will make it simple. Some people are born without a hand, some without a foot and in this case a male without a penis. Those things are abnormal. Way different than being tall, flexible or even a fast runner.

Yes, no one with XY chromosomes also known as males should compete against women in organized sports. Men are bigger and stronger. Their bones are denser, and their lungs hold more oxygen. They separated sports into male and female categories for a reason. It gives women an equal ground to compete.

An elite athlete who fought her way into the Olympics has not business of being there? Wow!

Reactions: HALL85
Since you cannot make a distinction between being tall, flexible, or a rock climber with a male (XY chromosomes) having a vagina, I will make it simple. Some people are born without a hand, some without a foot and in this case a male without a penis. Those things are abnormal. Way different than being tall, flexible or even a fast runner.

Yes, no one with XY chromosomes also known as males should compete against women in organized sports. Men are bigger and stronger. Their bones are denser, and their lungs hold more oxygen. They separated sports into male and female categories for a reason. It gives women an equal ground to compete.

An elite athlete who fought her way into the Olympics has not business of being there? Wow!
a male without a penis.... and all the women parts.

i dont know the specific biology but id wager this individual has less equal footing than men genetically.

im anti men in women's sports. have been headlined on that with every thread that comes up. you just sound like a wierded out old man. youre saying to stay in the women's bathroom but don't compete in their sports. yea.

I would leave it to biological females to decide what to do. They are the ones effected by the rules.

I would leave it to biological females to decide what to do. They are the ones effected by the rules.
You have a point but don’t you think fathers should have a say who is competing against their daughters? Or who is changing in front other daughters? Remember some of these kids are transitioning at a young age. They share locker rooms and change in front of young girls. Personally, I don’t want my daughter seeing that.

You have a point but don’t you think fathers should have a say who is competing against their daughters? Or who is changing in front other daughters? Remember some of these kids are transitioning at a young age. They share locker rooms and change in front of young girls. Personally, I don’t want my daughter seeing that.
I see your point but two separate issues. If a girl is a minor, sure, her parents have absolutely the final say. Parents of these kids should make a stand and either put pressure on school boards, elected officials etc. Pull your child off the field and if enough do so, change will happen.

We are talking about Olympics and adults in this case. Protest, refuse to compete, etc, if you feel XY’s shouldn’t compete.

I don’t think they should compete with women for reasons others have stated. But I’m not a woman and I’m not competing against XY’s, so my opinion means nothing.

Reactions: SHUMatt
just curious what daughters would see in the locker room in regard to the women in question?

Hmm, well it seems as many posters assumed things that were absolutely wrong. Now, you have someone who is a female but has XY chromosomes. Does that make her not female? If true, does that make her male? lol. Check out this video. I wonder what you think now about whether. Chew on this.

A Tik-Tok video, LOL??

See this. This to me confirms that he/she should not have been allowed to box. This is like having PED's all the time. It's sad for he/she but all of this for 1 in 15,000?

A Tik-Tok video, LOL??

See this. This to me confirms that he/she should not have been allowed to box. This is like having PED's all the time. It's sad for he/she but all of this for 1 in 15,000?

I guess you missed the point of the video. Are you calling the person in the Tik Tok video a man or a he/she? She's a woman. She is beautiful and she lives and breathes and is a woman. And before science was able to tell an XY chromosome, there were always women who were born this way.

Life is not black and white. There are many shades of grey and nuance. Unfortunate too many of Americans only can think in black and white terms.

Life is not black and white. There are many shades of grey and nuance. Unfortunate too many of Americans only can think in black and white terms.
Exactly….BLACK lives matter; WHITE privilege; WHO says that?

all the right wing nut jobs are going to have a crisis when that woman with vagina and boobs is forced to use the men's room.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT