ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread

I don't care how tired we are, losing today would be unacceptable & potentially torpedoes the season. Willard do your job & get the guys into the game and give them some adjustments/ a gameplan at half time. STEP IT UP.

Only false thing in this post is "potentially". They are sub 100 RPI, and one of two teams in the conference that should be a W twice if you are a tournament team. Yeah, yeah, Butler lost, but they also are already on their way to punching a ticket. Lose tonight and it's a lost season on February 12th.

Agreed that this game is not over. Pirates have come out and scored 6 to start a second half. If they can do that they'll have some momentum to keep it close and steal it. If they come out with the effort of the first half you might as well find a new hobby for the rest of b-ball season.

As I feared. Shot blocks freaking out angel. Our meager offense even more meager than usual. Bad defense, offense incomplete. Why can't we get these guys off their feet instead of laying it up for the easy block. Myles, gotta find him shots. Khadeen has to figure it out. Thus is the game I foresaw.

Myles Powell had 19 points in the first game He is 0-1 on just that drive that
got blocked. His teammates should be ashamed of themselves for that.

We are taking it to the hole with like 75% conviction.

Carrington is short again today.

They are not blocking out SJU on missed shots.

Ok what's done is done. Let's get it down to 5 by 10 minutes.

Carrington has to elevate his play now.

The thing I like about Gottlieb is he is probably the only commentator in sports who actually considers what his broadcast partner says and doesn't just thoughtlessly agree. Case in point when discussing Syracuse and the suggestion that no team has an easy schedule, goes on to enumerate the ways Syracuse in fact has an easy schedule.

Reactions: SHUSource
Imo, if Angel was sick we wouldn't feature him to start. He is playing badly. Hidden by his stats are way too many misses inside. Better start than first half but TOs are killers.

658.png

That turnover by Rodriguez when we had the momentum to cut to 4 was the little things we do bad and is the game changer

Noone wantsto be in a fox hole with willard. Players completely shook. Just put Powell in to jack 3s.

Willard puts Powell in but nobody runs a play to get him open. Or anyone open for that matter

We look awful. No outside shooters. Turnovers. Johnnies more athletic. Big diff from last time. Mullin has them believing.
Lots of time left. But 13 down is not good.

We have a short bench and Willard is still a terrible coach.

What did anyone expect?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT