ADVERTISEMENT

Hey you "miserable drunken gamblers..."

For what it’s worth, Danny has called his experience at Seton Hall transformative and one of his sons attended SHU. If I’m not mistaken, Danny’s wife is a SHU grad.

Andrea Hurley is indeed a SHU grad and they met while students at Seton Hall.

The one time I met Danny, he was nothing but nice to me. My oldest nephew attended one of the Hurley camps in Pennsylvania and when I went to pick him up, I found myself standing next to Danny while my nephew was playing. This was when Bobby was our coach and Danny was still at St. Benedict's. He was hopeful that Bobby was on the verge of turning things around.

For the record, Bobby Sr might not have liked the drunks but then maybe Danny should have been frequenting The Hall late nights the day before a game in season. Not an isolated visit either...
college kids should have fun idk why its such a big deal. hurley struggled with alcohol in college? please lol. lotta pressure on these guys huh

So if Hurley's anything like Willard, Bouknight might play. Said he's a game time decision for their "next" game.

Reactions: CL82
No matter how many games/championships he won, he was still a big jerk, Crybaby/complainer.
That would be a three time national championship winning Naismith Hall of Fame big jerk, crybaby complainer... just sayin'.

For what it’s worth, Danny has called his experience at Seton Hall transformative and one of his sons attended SHU. If I’m not mistaken, Danny’s wife is a SHU grad.
I think it is going to be really weird to coach against the Hall.

We played against him 2x as a head coach already. And the fan sentiment was always that he was a good coach and great recruiter. As well as rooting for him in his previous gigs.
There have been disagreements with Pitt fans who posted here before saying that they hired the better coach ( I guess Pitt was looking at Hurley too??). And all of the posters here wrote back that UConn got the better coach. And this certainly seems to be true years later.

college kids should have fun idk why its such a big deal. hurley struggled with alcohol in college? please lol. lotta pressure on these guys huh
Did I say he struggled with alcohol? That’s a stretch. I simply think that the decision to be out on until 1-2am the night before a game isn’t taking the whole high major college athletic thing seriously. Plenty of athletes at bars. It was just noting that he was there in season night before games. Maybe telling on how seriously you took it all and why there’s no swimming shrine in your honor?

Danny will always invoke deep feelings about himself from the Seton Hall fan base both pro and con and both negative and positive and I don’t see that changing any time soon.

Reactions: LBP43 and CL82
That would be a three time national championship winning Naismith Hall of Fame jerk to you.

Just saying.
You are absolutely correct. And so is the original post saying Calhoun was a jerk.

All dislikes and opinions aside, can we all stipulate these three items?

1. Jim Calhoun was a championship coach and a jerk.
2. Bob Hurley Sr. was a legendary coach and a jerk as well.
3. Danny Hurley took more than his share of s**t when he played for the Hall.

Did I say he struggled with alcohol? That’s a stretch. I simply think that the decision to be out on until 1-2am the night before a game isn’t taking the whole high major college athletic thing seriously. Plenty of athletes at bars. It was just noting that he was there in season night before games. Maybe telling on how seriously you took it all and why there’s no swimming shrine in your honor?
the initial article said it. i was responding to ur comment which aslo mentioned his drinking. my bad. not very clear.

idk what that last bit even means. but i wish we had a bar on campus

In fairness to our fans, and they never should have gotten on Danny's case, he did not display a good attitude on the court on many occasions. Particularly in his first 2 years.
Never hate on a player

I think it is going to be really weird to coach against the Hall.
No it won’t

he hates the Hall and way more importantly he’s protecting his livelihood

My son ran into Bob sr at the jc armory once. He told him how a uni of his son was one of his favorite bday presents, then told him how much he loved wearing Danny's jersey...

Reactions: Section112
I was there for all of the home games when Hurley was at the Hall. He absolutely got a lot of heckling from the fans in his first two seasons. Player's don't deserve that treatment ever, but, Danny was a player that pouted a lot in his early years and didn't play well.

When he left the team to recover from personal issues, the fans embraced him. He was loved by the fans in his senior year - as a result of hard work and maturity.

The worst heckling came in road games where fans would chant, "you're not Bobby". This was most apparent when we played Duke one season.

I'm happy that Danny has righted his life and become successful - good for the Hall!

CL82 crawled back to his hole until the next time we beat them.

Reactions: TomD82
With three national championships and a plaque in the Naismith Hall of Fame
[cough, cough]

:p
Need to move on buddy, Calhoun is gone. Hurley won’t get chips or as many NBA players. Time to set your expectation lower.

Last edited:
Need to move on buddy, Calhoun is gone. Hurley won’t get chips or as many NBA players. Time to set your expectation lower.

Golly, you mean our current coach may not be one of the greatest coaches of all time? I’m shocked.

Reactions: Johnny Biggs
Golly, you mean our current coach may not be one of the greatest coaches of all time? I’m shocked.
Go tell your coach that. I think when he does his Zoom recruiting pitches he thinks he is Calhoun.

Danny will always invoke deep feelings about himself from the Seton Hall fan base both pro and con and both negative and positive and I don’t see that changing any time soon.
Danny is honest, articulate and his pre-game and post-game sessions are smart and informative. He is transparent about his past struggles and is a very successful coach and person. He is one of our own and I‘m proud of that - he’s a tremendous coach as is Willard. Glad they both share a Seton Hall mantle.

I don't get the bad mouthing of Danny Hurley. I was in school during his time on the team. People gave him a hard time bc he wasnt Bobby and his normal expression was one that people thought he didnt care.

He went through a lot of stuff while he was at school (read The Miracle of St Anthony's by Adrian Wojnarowski to get educated) and... he was a college kid!!!!

If he was coaching for us, we'd be BEAMING!

That said, UConn sucks... lol

Reactions: SHUMA04 and LBP43
Never been a fan. But I wish him success in every game other than against SHU.

Never really had anything against him. More angry that I was at the Hall for the Blaney Era.

I was there for all of the home games when Hurley was at the Hall. He absolutely got a lot of heckling from the fans in his first two seasons. Player's don't deserve that treatment ever, but, Danny was a player that pouted a lot in his early years and didn't play well.

When he left the team to recover from personal issues, the fans embraced him. He was loved by the fans in his senior year - as a result of hard work and maturity.

The worst heckling came in road games where fans would chant, "you're not Bobby". This was most apparent when we played Duke one season.

I'm happy that Danny has righted his life and become successful - good for the Hall!
This! We should be happy that Danny is so honest about his experience here and took responsibility too. He was heckled and that was wrong. The expectations were simply too high all around from fans and from Danny and Bob Sr too. So glad he was able to spend some time to get things right and came back strong. He was a hell of a HS coach and now is working his way up in college too. Proud as well that he is a fellow SHU alum!

Reactions: CL82 and SHUMA04
I think bouknight is good but I don’t think they are safely in field even with him.

I really hope he plays so the excuses end.

Reactions: Hallsome
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT