ADVERTISEMENT

High School FT Changes

I thought I would hate this rule, but after watching over 50 HS/MS games this winter it's not too bad.

I thought I would hate this rule, but after watching over 50 HS/MS games this winter it's not too bad.
For high school I don't like it as it takes the chance to come back when the leading team can't hit FT's. I certainly don't want this at the NCAA level.

Reactions: Section112
Justification doesn't make sense to me. Less injuries on rebounds?? There's rebounds all game and if teams are terrible shooters, there's even more rebounds. Also FT rebounds there's less movement going on in the paint. Then the rule of removing fouls each quarter makes defenses play harder instead of timid when in foul trouble, probably resulting in more injuries. 1 and 1 makes sense and more exciting. How many games come down to free throws and missed front ends of 1 and 1. I'd like to keep the charge/block call in focus. More blocks than charges as there's too many bang-bang calls where a defender supposedly jumps into legal guarding position or a defender slides under an offensive player very late. Maybe pull the charge circle out further.

Reactions: Bluebeard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT