I see 6 more wins for Regular season…..

Hall91

All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
I see maybe 6 more conference wins tops:

Gtown @ home
2 Ws against DePaul
Hopefully Ws at home against both Butler and Xavier (although no guarantees)
Split against Villanova

Have to assume we lose road games against UConn, Marquette, St. John’s

This all assumes we can keep our starters healthy.

I think that would get us to 19 regular season wins going into BET, 12 Conference wins.

That should be good enough for at worst a play in game into NCAAs, although at least a win or 2 in BET would likely position us as no worse then a 11 seed.

Who wants to sign up for this now?

Yes - I would have signed up for 12 wins to start the season in a heartbeat. Of course, things changed when we started 6-1. Anyway, big east prediction bracket tool has us finishing 9-11. While i think that is crazy, here is the link. you can change the outcomes of games to see where we will finish up in the standings:

I’d say 9 and 11 if one or more of our key starters went down to injury.

I hate to say it, but you almost have to assume we’re going to lose someone of significance for a stretch of games.

Tops? Sweeping Nova and SJU is possible so I don't see exactly how you get 6 wins tops. You're analysis may be realistic but with a healthy Richmond this team can still win more than 12 games. UBS arena isn't a true home game for SJU. Villanova is capable of sweeping us and we're capable of sweeping them. It may just come down to the final few possessions and the fact we have a matchup nightmare in KR and they don't I like our chances. But I'll say this we can lose to Depaul too. We've seen very good and very bad basketball out of our team. Anything is possible.

Hall 91, I like your prediction, though I think Xavier is going to be even tougher in almost three weeks while St. John's doesn't scare me .

I see maybe 6 more conference wins tops:

Gtown @ home
2 Ws against DePaul
Hopefully Ws at home against both Butler and Xavier (although no guarantees)
Split against Villanova

Have to assume we lose road games against UConn, Marquette, St. John’s

This all assumes we can keep our starters healthy.

I think that would get us to 19 regular season wins going into BET, 12 Conference wins.

That should be good enough for at worst a play in game into NCAAs, although at least a win or 2 in BET would likely position us as no worse then a 11 seed.

Who wants to sign up for this now?
I saw the home wins vs Uconn and MQ as absolute, definite losses. So I am not buying in.

Reactions: Piratz
Lots of really tough games to come. All the return games against the top of the league are on the road (Connecticut, Marquette, Creighton, St. John’s). We haven’t beaten Villanova in years. Xavier embarrassed us. Great opportunities to showcase and I think we’ll get a few of them but it’s so hard to figure.

We’ve really got to bag Butler at home, Georgetown at home, and sweep DePaul. Each of those 4 would be killers to our profile and would take a lot to make up.

Reactions: mbraue
Lots of really tough games to come. All the return games against the top of the league are on the road (Connecticut, Marquette, Creighton, St. John’s). We haven’t beaten Villanova in years. Xavier embarrassed us. Great opportunities to showcase and I think we’ll get a few of them but it’s so hard to figure.

We’ve really got to bag Butler at home, Georgetown at home, and sweep DePaul. Each of those 4 would be killers to our profile and would take a lot to make up.
If Kadary is not in the mix, every game but DePaul - and even that isn't a slam dunk - is likely a loss.

Yes - I would have signed up for 12 wins to start the season in a heartbeat. Of course, things changed when we started 6-1. Anyway, big east prediction bracket tool has us finishing 9-11. While i think that is crazy, here is the link. you can change the outcomes of games to see where we will finish up in the standings:

Not knowing if Richmond will play on the road trip creates Uncertainty. If The Hall can be 8-4 after the GTown game, there is a reasonable chance to finish 12-8 with an outside chance for 13-7.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT