ADVERTISEMENT

I wish...

P615007

Junior
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2016
We had four starting seniors that will give everything they have to win
We had a team that is 9 or 10 deep that will allow us to pull out those tough sloppy games in the big east grind
We had a glue guy that you can put on a 1,2,3 or 4 and does all the little things
We had the strongest Center in the Big East and the leading rebounder in the nation
We had a 4 that can bull his way to the rim and knock down threes
We had a 2 that can shoot drive and play solid D
We had one of those 6 foot 10 Europeans that you see on Florida or Arizona that can shoot the three and drive to the hoop
We had a point guard that is coming into the program that will give us four years and will get better every year and surprise many on his ability to contribute his freshman year
Damn its looking like its all coming together for what has the potential to be a year to remember.

We had four starting seniors that will give everything they have to win
We had a team that is 9 or 10 deep that will allow us to pull out those tough sloppy games in the big east grind
We had a glue guy that you can put on a 1,2,3 or 4 and does all the little things
We had the strongest Center in the Big East and the leading rebounder in the nation
We had a 4 that can bull his way to the rim and knock down threes
We had a 2 that can shoot drive and play solid D
We had one of those 6 foot 10 Europeans that you see on Florida or Arizona that can shoot the three and drive to the hoop
We had a point guard that is coming into the program that will give us four years and will get better every year and surprise many on his ability to contribute his freshman year
Damn its looking like its all coming together for what has the potential to be a year to remember.
I like this!

I wish Willard will put these guys on the bench for lackadazical play and missing defense assignments the way PJ did. Undisciplined play will not be tolerated here. That's the difference between a good season and an exceptional season.

Well, this could be the best team we've had since 89.

The only unknown is our new PG. And the young man looks like he has the goods.
I like the optimism and I share it that next year has the potential to be a great year, but to me the '93 team might have been the best The Hall ever had... At worst the best team since 1989.

It is nice to be even thinking about stuff like this though. Let's hope Angel announces he is coming back officially sooner versus later so the last remaining "hurdle" is gone...

The '93 team had more talent than the '89 one did. But when you're in a one and done tournament just one bad bounce of the ball can be the difference between moving on or going home early.

Dan what are your thoughts as to how the additional depth will create a more focused group. Very easy to put anyone not named Angel on the bench for lack of focus. Will we see the bench be used as a motivational tool.

The coach has the options but the locker room has to do their share.

Three years ago the locker room was a mess and any media person could see that early in the season. There were factions and it isn't difficult to know who was in what group.

The following season, especially with Gordon not only were there not problems but the locker room became a strength. I don't think I'll ever see a leader like Gordon again. He was amazing.

Last year we didn't have a Gordon in the locker room but I did not see any issues among the players.

This season I think we'll be OK again. We don't have the likes of Gordon but there is a clear distinction being the upperclassmen and the new players. The youngins will get their time but know for certain by their sophomore years they will be carrying the load. So I think in our situation everything will work out fine.

Would love to read some Gordon locker room stories. Everyone agrees he's a great leader but the details of said leadership would add valuable color

I've gone into detail on the Trove.

For here I would just say he'a amazing.

Took no credit for victories and always placed the blame on himself for losses. Commanded the room whenever he came out to talk to the media. You could instantly tell all the players and that included Whitehead knew who the leader of the team was.

A coaches dream.

Reactions: chickenbox
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT