ADVERTISEMENT

Jevon Thomas

Well, we have a spot for Thompson now, but we also need a PG because Whitehead is gone if he keeps up this play with a decent SHU showing in the NCAAs.

I disagree with this. We should just show him a picture of Dunn. PC had a great year last year and he came back to be "the man" and so far it has worked for him and he has turned himself to a lottery pick. Right now as well as IW is playing he wouldnt get into the 1st round

No excuses, please. Unacceptable behavior in front of many witnesses. He needs to go. There is no gray area here.

Suspend him immediately pending a full investigation. If report is true, have to let him go.

I understand there are reports from anonymous bystanders, but let's not jump to conclusions. Maybe the ref physically provoked Thomas? As ridiculous as that sounds, we don't have all the facts (and never will). If Willard doesn't kick him off the team, I'd like to think it's for good reason.

If he gets kicked off the team, no big deal. We keep rolling.

Suspend him immediately pending a full investigation. If report is true, have to let him go.

Agreed. No place for this at the University or on this team. I'm not even interested in getting more details. Choking someone to the point of leaving red marks on someone is not an indication of self-defense. As such, nothing that was going on could have warranted that response from him, in my opinion. Getting a free education this year to hang out, keep in shape, and stay out of trouble. Not a hard thing to do. Not interested in having someone with this thought process on our team.

Reactions: HallLine69
I disagree with this. We should just show him a picture of Dunn. PC had a great year last year and he came back to be "the man" and so far it has worked for him and he has turned himself to a lottery pick. Right now as well as IW is playing he wouldnt get into the 1st round
If that is the case - and I don't think it is - no douby he will stay. I don't trust these early recruiting boards, like the one that had Olden Polynice as a second rounder...

If your son had a guaranteed seven figure salary, you would council him to go back and see if you can raise it some? I love Isaiah's game and hope he stays all four years. But his game has NBA all over it.

Reactions: HALL85
Agreed. No place for this at the University or on this team. I'm not even interested in getting more details. Choking someone to the point of leaving red marks on someone is not an indication of self-defense. As such, nothing that was going on could have warranted that response from him, in my opinion. Getting a free education this year to hang out, keep in shape, and stay out of trouble. Not a hard thing to do. Not interested in having someone with this thought process on our team.

Agreed. Who is he going to choke or assault next? A student, a teammate, a Big East referee? We can't go back to the days of Herb and Stix.

Was there a fight that lead to Jeron kicking his ass and choking him, or did he just attack the kid cause he was pissed and choked him? I never liked the signing and his play at his last stop makes me think our expectations for him are way too high. And I would like to see a quick and decisive decision. We have tolerated two kids who punched opposing players on the court, and they continued at SHU. So who knows. Based on the reactions of the kids to Desi's earlier problem, I feel they are strong-willed enough to not be effected.

If that is the case - and I don't think it is - no douby he will stay. I don't trust these early recruiting boards, like the one that had Olden Polynice as a second rounder...

If your son had a guaranteed seven figure salary, you would council him to go back and see if you can raise it some? I love Isaiah's game and hope he stays all four years. But his game has NBA all over it.

So, are you saying you think at this point he is a first rounder?

Well, we have a spot for Thompson now, but we also need a PG because Whitehead is gone if he keeps up this play with a decent SHU showing in the NCAAs.
I think if Whitehead keeps this up, he still needs to come back unless he puts up a Melo type NCAA tournament. He's been phenomenal as of late, but I just don't see him as a lottery pick. I think he should follow what Dunn is doing up at PC and come back for 1 more year and then cash in.

I have seen some shit during intramural games. Not condoning it just saying.

I am not worried one bit, he stays hes goes does not bother me. I also so not think the team will be bothered at all.

I have seen some shit during intramural games. Not condoning it just saying.

I am not worried one bit, he stays hes goes does not bother me. I also so not think the team will be bothered at all.
Classy....He would fit right in with gonzo's criminals.

Jeez, just when I start thinking..."this is it, finally, we turned the corner. Maybe all that stuff is behind us and Willard actually turned the program around". Log on to PirateCrew to read this idiot choked somebody.

How about waiting for. all the facts to come in, and letting the situation play out before throwing Jevon and a few other players under the bus?

Facts to come in? What are you talking about. There are actually eye witnesses saying he choked someone at an intermural bball game. Under what circumstances would that be acceptable behavior?

Call me crazy but that doesn't sound like someone who is a "good egg"

Reactions: shupat08
Good thing he doesnt play this year. could help mitigate the distraction.

i agree. if IW keeps up play like this all year hes going to be looking at the NBA a lot harder whether theyre looking back at him or not

So, are you saying you think at this point he is a first rounder?
The 76ers seem to think he may be. I think he could definitely be a first rounder if how he has been playing becomes the norm. If he finishes the season out like he has been playing, he and Dunn are the All league guards and if SHU makes some noise, he will be seen as a even valuable. But what I am really saying is if he is sure he is going 1st round, he is gone, and I agree with that decision.

Kids fight, but kids don't choke university employees.
I have seen kids lose it and go nuts on close friends. I never understood it, but I saw a whole mess of guys I grew up with act like that. And I grew up in Avon lol, hardly a hotbed of criminal activity, though is was for more middle class when I lived there years ago.

Reactions: Fzacsattac
IW is playing at an incredible level right now! However, he has beat up on 3 of the 4 teams that will be playing on Wed of the BE tournament. Let's see him step his game up against Nova & X (did play well @Prov) before we talk NBA. I know he can & hope it starts on Sat!

http://www.nbadraft.net/2016mock_draft

I have found this website is pretty good at predicting draft status of college/Intl players fwiw. IW not even on there. I'm praying the team can close this season out well and everybody is back, then look out...

I think SHU fans and those close to IW or the program have him higher rated than NBA people at the moment. Potential? Undeniable. Soon? Not IMO.

Facts to come in? What are you talking about. There are actually eye witnesses saying he choked someone at an intermural bball game. Under what circumstances would that be acceptable behavior?

Completely agree.

I laugh every time I see a "program has turned the corner post". They are almost self-parody at this point. Everyone needs to wait for another 3 weeks and then make a judgment. This team has seemed to turn the corner dozens of times over the past few years. It feels like maybe more like going in a circle.

All I care about is what's on the court tomorrow. I'll be there. I hope the team is there too, and there to do just one thing. Win.

EDIT for what I hope they say in the locker room tomorrow night:

NBA looks a lot at upside with a lot of their picks. If you look at that list Demetrius Jackson is a very good PG listed at 22 overall pick first round. Does Isaiah have bigger upside than him? A lot of scouts may say so. He has size/strength on him for sure (6-4 vs. 6-1). It's all in the eye of the beholder and if he keeps playing like he is playing you just never know. Both average around 16 pts per game and 3 rebounds (Isaiah 16.2 and 3.1/Demetrius 16/3.6). Jackson shoots at a higher % but not much and he is more of a finished product. Isaiah is probably better defensively and leads in blocks while Jackson has more steals. It's pretty close. Jackson is probaby more of a pure PG. Personally/selfishly I hope he stays and gets even better.

If Philly scouts are talking to him they have 3 first round picks. So do they take a flier on a Euro with one of those picks or on Isaiah? Who knows but its certainly plausable.

He needs to be gone, like yesterday. He should never been brought on board to begin with with the baggage he was bringing from Kansas. Why should throwing this punk out affect the team? He lent nothing to why they are doing so well. Just go out and kick Georgetown's arse. No excuses, just do it!

A lot of big games for Seton Hall coming up. See if IW takes over or spits the bit at crunch time. If he drives the team deep into both tournaments with better competition and importance, he could be gone.

I laugh sometimes when I see posters that are obviously happy that the Hall is winning but are ready to pounce on KW the minute things go a bit wrong. Almost with an I told you so attitude. Let's enjoy what is going on RIGHT NOW. Let's continue to root for this very exciting likeable team. We should be fine.

Why should throwing this punk out affect the team? He lent nothing to why they are doing so well.
That's not exactly true. He is a part of their everyday routine - they practice with him, go to class (hopefully) with him, hang out with him, compete with him, etc. Thomas just doesn't suit up for games, but in every other respect, he is part of the team. So to the extent that they practice well and emerge from practice prepared to play well, he is a part of that. There could now be a personality who is part of that everyday mixture eliminated from the picture.

Is that an excuse to fall apart at the seams and collapse? No, I don't think so, and I don't think they will. But, pending the disciplinary outcome, the equation has been altered to some extent.

Reactions: Piratefan2009
I think we do need a pure pg, however khadeen and IW are playmaking guards so how much could it hurt other than depth?

I know that most teams have a policy against basketball players on ship playing in intramural games because of concerns about players suffering an injury but whether this applies to transfers sitting out a year I couldn't speak to. While Thomas is sitting out a year he does participate in all team practices and why run the risk of getting injured in an intramural game which can easily get physical . We'll have to wait and see what happens until the investigation is over but I wouldn't bet on a positive outcome.

Reactions: garyshu71
I hope IW KC DG and rest of team come down hard on him. They had such a feel good year going for them and now this little black & blue on the team. I'm sure they hate reading this like we do. The coach needs to be decisive on this little issue. Whatever that is.

Disciplinary actions aside for JT, he doesn't seem like a good person for the locker room, not tall so can be a defensive liability, poor foul shooter, poor field goal shooter, poor 3pt shooter...no idea about his assist to TO ratio at kansas state. He spurned us by going to KS the first time around and only came here bc he was dismissed from team.

Without knowing the details of this incident specifically, IMHO he is not worth the head ache and his ship should have not been given in the first place.

Hope I'm wrong...

If the police and paramedics were called in, on the surface it doesn't look good at all but it could also been a complete over reaction that they were called.

Again, were these impartial witnesses or friends of the ref who got choked?

If Thomas committed this assault, there is no doubt he will be gone but Fordham is right, have to wait to get all the facts in. I mean, for all we know, he could have been even worse than what has been described in the Setonian!

Let the facts come out, then a decision will be made. The university has a process for investigating these types of incidents. Also, Thomas wasn't dismissed from K-state but they didn't try very hard to keep him when he said he was going to transfer.

Well, it didn't take long for some of the Willard bashers to come out. Just couldn't wait.

The 76ers seem to think he may be. I think he could definitely be a first rounder if how he has been playing becomes the norm. If he finishes the season out like he has been playing, he and Dunn are the All league guards and if SHU makes some noise, he will be seen as a even valuable. But what I am really saying is if he is sure he is going 1st round, he is gone, and I agree with that decision.

What makes you say this? Hadn't heard of any connection there, but I guess with where they may be picking in the 1st aside from their 1st overall it could be a fit.

These mock draft projections are all over the place. Ellenson going top 5 in a cbssports one yesterday. And
75- where did you see the connection between Isaiah and the Sixers?

It truly is amazing how sad some of the people on this board are. There are multiple reports of a scholarship player chocking an employee of the university and we want to let things play out. I doubt people have an axe to grind with JT, it's obvious he is an issue and should be tossed ASAP.

Basketball players at SHU should be held to a higher standard.

As an aside, I was involved in a fist fight and melee playing an intramural flag football game at SHU decades ago. It was pretty intense but no one got seriously hurt, just a couple of bruises and stitches. No one thought to make a big deal about it. But that was a different era. The combatants eventually became friendly towards one another a few weeks later. I did not offer this aside to mitigate what JT did. Just relaying an old "war story."

NBA looks a lot at upside with a lot of their picks. If you look at that list Demetrius Jackson is a very good PG listed at 22 overall pick first round. Does Isaiah have bigger upside than him? A lot of scouts may say so. He has size/strength on him for sure (6-4 vs. 6-1). It's all in the eye of the beholder and if he keeps playing like he is playing you just never know. Both average around 16 pts per game and 3 rebounds (Isaiah 16.2 and 3.1/Demetrius 16/3.6). Jackson shoots at a higher % but not much and he is more of a finished product. Isaiah is probably better defensively and leads in blocks while Jackson has more steals. It's pretty close. Jackson is probaby more of a pure PG. Personally/selfishly I hope he stays and gets even better.

If Philly scouts are talking to him they have 3 first round picks. So do they take a flier on a Euro with one of those picks or on Isaiah? Who knows but its certainly plausable.

Given the 76ers track record and a highly frustrated fan base they need to hit a home run on all their draft picks and not reach for a player who really needs more experience especially someone who only has one year experience playing the point.

Whether they realize it or not, the basketball players/coach are the face of the university. They have an unbelievable amount of exposure which is why it is imperitive they don't do things like choke people in public.

Not worth the trouble. Goodbye.

Reactions: Piratefan2009
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT