ADVERTISEMENT

Love the team but Kenpom

Road loss isn’t a doomsday scenario in this conference. I agree, the manner in which we lost is a tough pill to swalllow. However, at the end of the day a loss is a loss. If you’d told me we’d go 1-1 on this road trip beforehand, the Butler win clearly would be my preference at this point.

Road loss isn’t a doomsday scenario in this conference. I agree, the manner in which we lost is a tough pill to swalllow. However, at the end of the day a loss is a loss. If you’d told me we’d go 1-1 on this road trip beforehand, the Butler win clearly would be my preference at this point.

If I had one complaint with KW teams is the number of times they merely showed up for games. South Florida, RU, DePaul etc etc. those 3 games sunk a season. I’m sure we get to the dance but does anyone really feel that an opening W is guaranteed.

All that said a split of these last two games is more than acceptable. But to get rolled the way we did is concerning.

Reactions: SHUMA04
He didn't rank us, the data did. We got our doors blown off, which is why our season efficiency dropped us 12-13 spots in the ongoing, real time ratings.

It wouldn't have dropped that much if the game was tighter (meaning we did more well than what was shown last night even in a loss).

Reactions: TomD82
Why does Michigan State get blown out at Ohio State and not drop far in kenpom ratings?

Does kenpom take the name on the front of a team's jersey into consideration?

Data??? Ok. LOL

He didn't rank us, the data did. We got our doors blown off, which is why our season efficiency dropped us 12-13 spots in the ongoing, real time ratings.

It wouldn't have dropped that much if the game was tighter (meaning we did more well than what was shown last night even in a loss).

No one said there was a human with a ballot.

Why does Michigan State get blown out at Ohio State and not drop far in kenpom ratings?

Data??? Ok. LOL

Because all teams are not created equal. Maybe they blew out more teams than we did. Maybe their production was way out ahead of others so the hit didn't drop them as much as others.

Will have to look, but the reason is not subjectivity. Why do some insist its political? Wild.

Data??? Ok. LOL

Because Michigan State got held to 64 points by the 87th ranked defense (by points allowed per game) and Seton Hall was held to 64 points by the 266th ranked defense, who came into the game averaging 86.5 points against per game in Big East play. Both MSU and SHU allowed their opponent to score right at their season average.

So if we gonzo d the end of the game and scored the last 10 prs, we would not have fallen so far? If that is true, it's ridiculousness speaks for itself.

I think Loiue Orr's team's did the same thing..win a big game and then get blown out .

So if we gonzo d the end of the game and scored the last 10 prs, we would not have fallen so far? If that is true, it's ridiculousness speaks for itself.

But, it true for Kenpom. And Gonzo always thought it was true. The score matters was his answer for keeping starters in and scoring those last 10 pts.

But, us scoring the last pts,after the game was lost is meaningless and says nothing positive about us in reality (only in stats) Gonzo did it to save face imo.

I don' think it is political. Just that catastrophic are limited.

Reactions: TomD82
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT