ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi: SHU Out

Zero argument to put St. Johns in over us aside from wanting Pitino in the tourney which is a load of crap.
Do you think CBS has any sway with the committee and want Pitino for ratings? The football selection has been accused of that a lot.

Reactions: LBP43
Brown smoking Princeton too. Tigers would be considered for at-large although don’t think they’d make it.

Do you think CBS has any sway with the committee and want Pitino for ratings? The football selection has been accused of that a lot.
Ok let me bring this up...many years back i was affiliated with cbs sports, did bracket release for another platform...for an intent and purposes a final bracket is done ahead of the sec game with a possible alt scenario in the case that a bubble burster was going to take away an at large field school...there is no criteria for the selection committee to favor a school based on whether a head coach can bring in a viewership rating. My time was before the wbd partnership but all there is at bracket reveal is teams and sites, tv is published later in the night.

I understand Virginia finished third. but they are just a miserable offensive team and atrocious at the free throw line. They Barely escaped BC and blow the NC State game. They did not beat UConn. Rutgers a terrible terrible loss? No way. This is the case where the metrics do not work for me. The Seton Hall vs SJU debate is legit too.

I love it but SJU over Providence in my opinion.. Sure would sign for that right now.

Reactions: CL82
Ok let me bring this up...many years back i was affiliated with cbs sports, did bracket release for another platform...for an intent and purposes a final bracket is done ahead of the sec game with a possible alt scenario in the case that a bubble burster was going to take away an at large field school...there is no criteria for the selection committee to favor a school based on whether a head coach can bring in a viewership rating. My time was before the wbd partnership but all there is at bracket reveal is teams and sites, tv is published later in the night.
Big East brings viewership - Proven Btw when has dopey Lunardi been correct--Pitino suck up

I have a sinking feeling St. John’s gets in and we get snubbed. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Dont you think the comittee would wants the St Peters darling as well ?

I have a sinking feeling St. John’s gets in and we get snubbed. Hopefully I’m wrong.
We may get bumped but it shouldn't be by SJU.We had a better conference record and beat them twice.However,don't underestimate the power of Pitino.

Lunardi says this is by far the strongest Bubble in years. Add in at least 2 bid stealers (last year there were none) and its going to be diffixult to get in. There are going to be a lot of deserving teams left home.

In most years the Big East would have 6 teams in. SH, SJ and Providence are all deserving.

The clock is striking midnight unfortunately. Conference tournaments have been a total shit show.

Big East rated as the second best league. Still can’t believe they would get less than 5 teams.

Lunardi says this is by far the strongest Bubble in years. Add in at least 2 bid stealers (last year there were none) and its going to be diffixult to get in. There are going to be a lot of deserving teams left home.

In most years the Big East would have 6 teams in. SH, SJ and Providence are all deserving.

Their are only a couple of elite teams and a bunch of very good teams this year. Leads to a strong bubble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT