ADVERTISEMENT

Marquette is going to be a tough game....

Hall91

All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
I’m bracing for a loss. The Howard kid is like Steph Curry. You’ve got to try to slow them down and limit their FGAs; and also try to score 90+ points against them.

any team that can have multiple guys put up 30 pts because of lethal 3pt shooting is dangerous. teams tend to shoot pretty well against us from deep.

wondering if jordan walker can get some time against the equally as small Rousey.

Reactions: halltheway
If we play like we have been...why not a win.
We should absolutely win. Play our game, control the offensive glass and make their guards defend us and get into foul trouble. No Big East game is a gimme, but certain teams are generally easier than others and we tend to match up well with. Willard should have a good game plan and the team is on a roll with confidence.

We should win. We guard threes poorly and they shoot them great. A team with a few kids who can hit threes in bunches can be murder if they are hot. We are better. I took them lightly last yr. Not this time around.

I though Howard was undervalued in the BE preseason . Great player, and rowsey very dangerous.

The RU game taught us there are no easy wins. We also don't blow teams out, so I expect the game decided in the last five minutes (With a win).

ESPN BPI has Marquette 55% chance to win.
The College Basketball Power Index (BPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of performance going forward. BPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Strength of Record (SOR) is a measure of team accomplishment based on how difficult a team's W-L record is to achieve. Game predictions account for opponent strength, pace of play, site, travel distance, day's rest and altitude, and are used to simulate the season 10,000 times to produce season projections. Numbers update daily.

All BE road games are tough! Feel that we have special team, they have no answer for Angel, Desi, Powell and Khadeen will get theirs, it will be another nail-biter, but we win in end, by 3!

Put all three..change it up on Howard..tire him out with Ish, Walker and Cal..throw Deeno in...but the other two shooters can be dangerous.. hopefully one of them have a off night..so pick your poison.

Deeno and Powell on Rousey.... Desi and Ish on Hauser... Ish, Cale, Walker, Deeno on Howard.

Feed Angel all game.

It'll be close, but I think this team pulls it out.

Reactions: Section112
Marquette is soft. Push hem around and get in heir face and they will get rattled. This squad has been doing that to them for 3years now. But give them any kind of space and they will hit 3's and then it could spiral out of control.

Let Ish plays his defense and give the ball into Delgado. Marquette wants none of either

I'd also like to see us not get down early like we have been doing. This team will run out of gas at some point if we have to play our starters too many minutes and always have to come back from a big deficit. Let's play a solid game for two halves.

Reactions: shu09
Winning Saturday was amazing. Winning tomorrow would be more amazing. Road wins in the Big East are rare. Having seniors who have played in hostile environments for years cannot be understated. No substitute for experience. That, and I bet they are still pissed off about how the last 5 minutes played out at Rutgers. I think that will help out all season.

If we shut them down early, get their guys into foul trouble (they will pick up ticky tacky fouls if they are pressured in the paint) they will back off a little then we have them. Get Howard with two early Hauser the same thing. They will not be able to make their outside work for them.

Extremley hard to win back to back road games in BE but would have a lot of value in league and in eyes of NCAA Committee. This year they start classifying Road Wins vs Top 75 as a Tier 1 Win same as a Home Win vs Top 30.

Really think we need to get something from the bench in this one. Need to throw everything we have at Howard to slow him down. When he plays off the ball, deny him the ball. And if they use him to bring it up court, pressure him with Walker. And if he keeps driving to the hoop, I want to see us make it tough for him. Like to see Ish go for the ball but go hard. Make him earn it.

Reactions: LBP43
Got to be careful guarding Howard. He is very good at drawing fouls and you do not want to put him (100%) on the line or for that matter his teammates (78.2%) either. Plus you do not want Ish in foul trouble.

Reactions: LBP43
Got to be careful guarding Howard. He is very good at drawing fouls and you do not want to put him (100%) on the line or for that matter his teammates (78.2%) either. Plus you do not want Ish in foul trouble.
LOL, I was sure you put a typo in there Dan until I checked it... 51 for 51 from the line. Now that is some clutch FT shooting by your best player...wow.

Tonite is the perfect time for Walker to show his wares-- shut down Rowdy and let the Myles handle Howard and just pound it in

Reactions: Halldan1
Wow, I didn't even realize Howard had that streak going. That is unbelievable.

Watched him against Nova Saturday nite. He has GREAT FT. Form. None of his made FT 's were even a bit lucky.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT