ADVERTISEMENT

Meet our 2024 President

Vivek is awesome. I don’t think he (or anyone) can overcome trump in this primary, but he will be a contender in 2028 for sure.

Listen to this clip. You think he’s awesome? Lol. There are a lot of crazy clios of this guy. He want to get rid of the FBI and not replace it. He lacks a fundamental understanding of law enforcement and basic knowledge how government operates.

Reactions: Merge

Listen to this clip. You think he’s awesome? Lol. There are a lot of crazy clios of this guy. He want to get rid of the FBI and not replace it. He lacks a fundamental understanding of law enforcement and basic knowledge how government operates.

He’s just pandering. He just speaks well so it comes off like he knows what he’s talking about, but clearly is just making stuff up to appeal to the anti-government crowd.

Okay? Our current president has a fundamental lack of understanding of what he ate for breakfast. I’ll take mental competency over geriatrics, and that goes for both sides of the aisle.

Reactions: SHallguy2
He’s just pandering. He just speaks well so it comes off like he knows what he’s talking about, but clearly is just making stuff up to appeal to the anti-government crowd.
Let’s face it, with some of the nonsense we constantly see coming out of these agencies, the waste, increasing deficit, and childish behavior from too many politicians, do you fault the public for having “anti-government” sentiments? Can you blame him for running that play?

Reactions: SOpirate and shu09
Okay? Our current president has a fundamental lack of understanding of what he ate for breakfast. I’ll take mental competency over geriatrics, and that goes for both sides of the aisle.
This post clearly shows you are an independent thinker a person of substance and critically analyzes the issues.

This guy is a deep state conspiracist wrapped in a nice shiny way of presenting it. Again, I have told this board from the start that this guy is a fraud.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Let’s face it, with some of the nonsense we constantly see coming out of these agencies, the waste, increasing deficit, and childish behavior from too many politicians, do you fault the public for having “anti-government” sentiments? Can you blame him for running that play?

If the public agrees we should abandon the nuclear regulatory commission because the FBI has made mistakes, without having any idea what the nuclear regulatory commission does, then yes.. I’d fault the public for falling for that rhetoric.

I don’t fault him for his play, but in my opinion, it’s sophomoric.

Our government and its agencies are currently looked upon unfavorably. When a real business is failing they need to change or they will be eliminated. People have lost respect for our branches of government, and our government agencies. Term limits would go a long way to help but a face lift with cuts to some of our agencies might wake some people up. When I’m doing business, I’m looking at ratings and reviews. Who wants to go to a 2 star restaurant for dinner or buy a car with repair history problems. We the people are paying these government employees to fail in delivering results. I guess we can make them bigger so we can have more investigators investigating the investigations. We have become a country under investigation all of which leads to nothing happening. Think about it, we are investigating everything and it never leads anywhere, that is an exercise in futility, and some on this board don’t want to change.

Last edited:
This post clearly shows you are an independent thinker a person of substance and critically analyzes the issues.
Posting a single out of context clip of Vivek, and insisting it sums up everything he stands for shows you are clearly an unbiased observer who makes decisions after thoroughly weighing all of the information available to you.

Posting a single out of context clip of Vivek, and insisting it sums up everything he stands for shows you are clearly an unbiased observer who makes decisions after thoroughly weighing all of the information available to you.
I have posted multiple clips of him and multiple articles on him. This is not an isolated clip. Due tell what is out of context that is not shown in those clips? He is clear that he wants to get rid of the FBI and other agencies within the federal government without a clue of how any of it works. There are multiple clips and interviews that he has given about this.
He thinks by opening up an NRA in Taiwan and arming every Taiwanese will stop China from invading. that is his answer to the Taiwanese/China issue.
He also wants to raise the voting age from 18 to 25 unless you served as a 1st responder, military or passed a test. There are a whole hosts of other crazy ideas from this deep state nut.

So tell me, you think defunding the FBI and shutting it down is a good idea or you don't think that's what he means?

I have posted multiple clips of him and multiple articles on him. This is not an isolated clip. Due tell what is out of context that is not shown in those clips? He is clear that he wants to get rid of the FBI and other agencies within the federal government without a clue of how any of it works. There are multiple clips and interviews that he has given about this.
He thinks by opening up an NRA in Taiwan and arming every Taiwanese will stop China from invading. that is his answer to the Taiwanese/China issue.
He also wants to raise the voting age from 18 to 25 unless you served as a 1st responder, military or passed a test. There are a whole hosts of other crazy ideas from this deep state nut.

So tell me, you think defunding the FBI and shutting it down is a good idea or you don't think that's what he means?
Seeing how you've derailed this thread it seems you're not open to any type of good-faith discussion, but a few things I'd hope you consider

1. I encourage you to visit Vivek's campaign website where he lays out his policy vision to a much greater extent than any other candidate currently in the field. Among the reasons I'm considering supporting him:
-- His plan to deregulate the economy and achieve 5% GDP growth, focusing on American innovation and a shift away from the globalized economy.
-- Streamlining the federal government and fixing the bureaucratic deadlock. As someone who lives & works in the DC area, I can assure you lazy 9-5 government employees are the norm, not the excpetion.
-- His China-centric foreign policy vision. It's much more in-depth than your disingenuous suggestion that "give Taiwan an NRA" is his entire solution.

2. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the dynamics of running a Presidential campaign. During the early stages of the Primary, the goal is to gain support from your base, so candidates often say outlandish things they have no intention of following through with (i.e. Biden promising universal healthcare for undocumented immigrants.) Vivek is trying to court the base by saying some red-meat type soundbites, that's how politics works.

3. You can disagree and pick apart his policy positions, but to insinuate this guy is some kind of Alex Jones-like conspiracist is just flat-out disingenuous and wrong. He's articulated a number of common-sense plans to get the country back on track and some of us would like to have a good-faith discussion about them in this thread.

Reactions: Pirata

So assuming you are a registered Democrat you won’t be voting in the Republican primary anyway. Thanks for your “unbiased” opinion..

The bloated U.S. federal government is in serious need of an overhaul.

Some agencies like the FBI, the CIA, the IRS et al suffer from mission creep and especially corruption. They certainly shouldn’t be abolished but reformed.

Other 3-letter agencies need to be reined in and brought back to their constitutional limits. These agencies (like the EPA, SEC, FAA, etc.) are part of the Executive branch and should propose laws (they call them regulations as if we are that stupid!!), Congress (the Legislative branch) should approve laws, then back to the agencies as part of their Executive branch duties to execute/carry out those laws as passed, and the Judicial branch adjudicates disputes. Simple constitutional separation of powers, we don’t have that anymore.

[
Seeing how you've derailed this thread it seems you're not open to any type of good-faith discussion, but a few things I'd hope you consider

1. I encourage you to visit Vivek's campaign website where he lays out his policy vision to a much greater extent than any other candidate currently in the field. Among the reasons I'm considering supporting him:
-- His plan to deregulate the economy and achieve 5% GDP growth, focusing on American innovation and a shift away from the globalized economy.
-- Streamlining the federal government and fixing the bureaucratic deadlock. As someone who lives & works in the DC area, I can assure you lazy 9-5 government employees are the norm, not the excpetion.
-- His China-centric foreign policy vision. It's much more in-depth than your disingenuous suggestion that "give Taiwan an NRA" is his entire solution.

2. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the dynamics of running a Presidential campaign. During the early stages of the Primary, the goal is to gain support from your base, so candidates often say outlandish things they have no intention of following through with (i.e. Biden promising universal healthcare for undocumented immigrants.) Vivek is trying to court the base by saying some red-meat type soundbites, that's how politics works.

3. You can disagree and pick apart his policy positions, but to insinuate this guy is some kind of Alex Jones-like conspiracist is just flat-out disingenuous and wrong. He's articulated a number of common-sense plans to get the country back on track and some of us would like to have a good-faith discussion about them in this thread.
I have gone to his website which is full of over broad declarations. That can be normal of candidate. However then he has declarations like deregulate the economy to achieve 5% gains in GDP. This is complete BS. In the last 42 years. GDP has been above 5% in exactly 2 years. Once during Reagan and in 2021 with Biden although that is a Covid recovery bounce. Not even during the Clinton years did we achieve GDP growth at 5%. I think we heard this promise before with Trump who was going to get us minimum 4% GDP growth. And he never achieved 4% despite the tax cuts..

His China centric solutions which is having the NRA in Taiwan which is prominently featured in his own website, also includes achieve semi conductor independence (ah you mean like passing the CHIPS Act?).

Well, I have to admit, I have not worked on a presidential campaign, so please tell me your experiences with running one and the dynamics? However, I admit that candidates often promise things they cannot deliver. Usually they are things that benefit the public. Defunding the FBI and the Nuclear regulatory agencies is not benefitting the public. That would severely risk people's lives. That is reckless. It is like saying that we should get rid of one of the armed forces like the Marines.

I never said he is Alex Jones but he is all about the deep state. I have watched a lot of his interviews. At first because he has a sensible approach to some of the culture war issues. However, besides that, his positions on important issues run from scary stupid to just broad vocabulary word soup.

His exact words were, “We will shut down the FBI and replace it with a police apparatus that actually respects the law”

He built up to the statment with other comments about the FBI in an effort to get the crowd excited. He cited that the FBI would not allow MLK to have a concealed carry permit. Yeah, he was pandering to the blacks in the audience. It was toward the end of the speech and he was getting the crowed fired up. Somewhat reminiscent of Howard Dean. (not a compliment by any means)

With regard to Taiwan, unless I am missing something, it is not a stated policy of his. It is no where on his website.

He made the remarks directly to the NRA at an NRA convention. Again, it was at the end of the speech and he was visibly fired up and the crowd was reacting. The media has taken the comments and run with it. I can't say I blame them. However, I guess that if he were again pressed on those comments we might hear him back pedal. If he is truly serious about it, that would be problematic.

[

I have gone to his website which is full of over broad declarations. That can be normal of candidate. However then he has declarations like deregulate the economy to achieve 5% gains in GDP. This is complete BS. In the last 42 years. GDP has been above 5% in exactly 2 years. Once during Reagan and in 2021 with Biden although that is a Covid recovery bounce. Not even during the Clinton years did we achieve GDP growth at 5%. I think we heard this promise before with Trump who was going to get us minimum 4% GDP growth. And he never achieved 4% despite the tax cuts..

His China centric solutions which is having the NRA in Taiwan which is prominently featured in his own website, also includes achieve semi conductor independence (ah you mean like passing the CHIPS Act?).

Well, I have to admit, I have not worked on a presidential campaign, so please tell me your experiences with running one and the dynamics? However, I admit that candidates often promise things they cannot deliver. Usually they are things that benefit the public. Defunding the FBI and the Nuclear regulatory agencies is not benefitting the public. That would severely risk people's lives. That is reckless. It is like saying that we should get rid of one of the armed forces like the Marines.

I never said he is Alex Jones but he is all about the deep state. I have watched a lot of his interviews. At first because he has a sensible approach to some of the culture war issues. However, besides that, his positions on important issues run from scary stupid to just broad vocabulary word soup.
The firm I work for is currently consulting for two presidentials (neither of which is Vivek) and many of my coworkers are Trump 2020 & 2016 alums. So trust me when I tell you at this stage of the primary the focus of a campaign is locking up support amongst the most diehard of the base.

I’ll admit it’s not a great look for the the GOP that making anti-FBI statements appeals to some of their voters, but it’s been pointed out by others in this thread that Ramaswamy has called for replacing it with a more efficient organization. It’s a moot point anyway because there’s no way for a President to simply snap his fingers and defund the entire FBI.

I’m not surprised you left out one of Vivek’s core policies on China - Stopping the CCP from purchasing American land. This is an issue that’s largely been flying under the radar. China owns 384,000 acres of American land, and that’s only what they’ve purchased on the books.

Again, the man is much more than a “deep state conspiracy theorist.” He’s articulate, has a number of thoughtful policy approaches, and would bring the millenial perspective to DC. It’s time for new blood. I’m tired of octogenarians making policy that will effect my life long after they’re gone.

It is like saying that we should get rid of one of the armed forces like the Marines.
The Marines are not a separate part of the armed forces, they're part of the Navy.

Last edited:
I watched Vivek last night on CNN. His exact words were, “We will shut down the FBI and replace it with a police apparatus that actually respects the law”

He built up to the statment with other comments about the FBI in an effort to get the crowd excited. He cited that the FBI would not allow MLK to have a concealed carry permit. Yeah, he was pandering to the blacks in the audience. It was toward the end of the speech and he was getting the crowed fired up. Somewhat reminiscent of Howard Dean. (not a compliment by any means)

With regard to Taiwan, unless I am missing something, it is not a stated policy of his. It is no where on his website.

He made the remarks directly to the NRA at an NRA convention. Again, it was at the end of the speech and he was visibly fired up and the crowd was reacting. The media has taken the comments and run with it. I can't say I blame them. However, I guess that if he were again pressed on those comments we might hear him back pedal. If he is truly serious about it, that would be problematic.

Pirata. I just watched him live on CNN last night He stated he would shut down the FBI and take half the field agents and spread them among the US MArahalls and DEA. I guess he is still figuring out what to do. Lol. He actually thinks that between the US Marshall’s and DEA does what the FBI does. It’s idiotic and reckless. This guy does not appear to be dumb. But that is absolutely idiotic. Even replacing the entire FBI with a new organization is dumb. This is a Presidential candidate defunding the FBI. Are we not seeing the hypocrisy?

So Pirate. The Gun in every Taiwanese video speech is on his website. Check it out. Also, Biden has already moved on expanding the ban on China investment in US which was started under Trump. That is nothing new. Not to mention the CHIPs Act. Perhaps he is endorsing what Biden has accomplished? https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57334265.amp

I also understand your frustration with having two elderly people who will be the candidates for President. But that is what we have. And Rivek is no alternative. And if this is what the millennials can bring to the table, we are in big trouble.

SPK. While the Marines are part of the Navy it is one of the branches of the Armed Forces is it.not?

Last edited:
Against my better judgement, I am replying to your post.

I don't plan on voting for Vivek.

Some of us here simply find him an interesting part of the campaign and are discussing that. You seem to be highly triggered and upset by this. Your name calling ,i.e fraud, idiot, silly, does nothing to strengthen your arguement. In fact it detracts from it and turns people off.

I am not frustrated as you say. Stop trying to figure out how I am feeling. FTR, I feel great.

It is not a "Gun in Every Taiwanese" speech. You seem to miss the point that it was the tail end of a hyped up speech at the NRA. I say again, AT THE NRA. Try to understand SOPirate's points about campaigns.

Your statement equating his FBI plans vs defunding the police, hypocrisy, etc. is a false equivalency. False equivalency. Geez where have we hear that before? LOL

I've got an 9:00 tee time. I'll check in later.

Last edited:
Reactions: SOpirate
Against my better judgement, I am replying to your post.

I don't plan on voting for Vivek.

Some of us here simply find him an interesting part of the campaign and are discussing that. You seem to be highly triggered and upset by this. Your name calling ,i.e fraud, idiot, silly, does nothing to strengthen your agreement. In fact it detracts from it and turns people off.

I am not frustrated as you say. Stop trying to figure out how I am feeling. FTR, I feel great.

It is not a "Gun in Every Taiwanese" speech. You seem to miss the point that it was the tail end of a hyped up speech at the NRA. I say again, AT THE NRA. Try to understand SOPirate's points about campaigns.

Your statement equating his FBI plans vs defunding the police, hypocrisy, etc. is a false equivalency. False equivalency. Geez where have we hear that before? LOL

I've got an 9:00 tee time. I'll check in later.
Btw, I was responding to SoPirate about frustration about having two octogenarians run for President.

Pirate: If the NRA speech was just him giving a hyped speech to the NRA , then why is it in his website for President? Sounds like an official position he would take as President. Also, since you can't find the a Gun for every Taiwanese speech on his website, I have attached the link for you. It actually says "Arm Taiwan with an AR". https://www.vivek2024.com/issue/declare-independence-from-communist-china/

You da man! Thanks! Shot 41 42. We won the front, overall, and tied the back, plus I won two skins. It was a good day. 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: HALL85
Fwiw, when you click that link on a phone, you don't see anything about the Taiwan arming. I'll take your word for it though. Probably shows up better on the PC. Not that any millennials ever look at anything on a PC.

You da man! Thanks! Shot 41 42. We won the front, overall, and tied the back, plus I won two skins. It was a good day. 😀
You still got game! Member member today…..two dogfights so far.

Reactions: Pirata
I was hoping Tim Scott would get some backing from Republicans. I like him a lot. Gotta dump Trump if they want any chance of winning the Presidential election. Trump has lost independents and women but the crazy ass Trumpers will never give in. Zero chance he wins a general election. I also believe the Dems pull Biden out of the race at some point. Sununu is on to something.

You like Tim a lot and he just endorsed DJT

I agree that the Dems will pull Joey out at some point and drop in Grusome Newsom or M. Obama.

Looks like ProudNjsports Fan has a twin called Bac. I stated back in the summer time that Vivek is a fraud and has idiotic views. At this point in time, I would have thought Vivek was exposed for the deep state conspiracist wack job who lacks a complete fundamental understanding of government, foreign affairs and the economy. I would have thought that after Christie embarrassed him on stage he would just shut up. But, there is a sucker born every minute.

Looks like ProudNjsports Fan has a twin called Bac. I stated back in the summer time that Vivek is a fraud and has idiotic views. At this point in time, I would have thought Vivek was exposed for the deep state conspiracist wack job who lacks a complete fundamental understanding of government, foreign affairs and the economy. I would have thought that after Christie embarrassed him on stage he would just shut up. But, there is a sucker born every minute.
This I agree with you. Vivek had a pitch out of the gate, but once you scratched through the veneer, there is really nothing there. Kind of like his career...made some money flipping companies, but those companies have created nothing of value.

As far as the other problem, take my advice, the Ignore button works great:)...really cleans up the threads. Just filter anyone with an NJ or NY in their handle....

Reactions: cernjSHU and shu09
Whatever you think , the opposite is clearly true

Reactions: bac2therac

Vivek shredded Fatso totally

Vivek is very in tune with what many youngers conservatives value

Big asset for Trump

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT