ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Phelps: NCAA’s Lia Thomas issue shows need for level playing field

It will never happen in the WNBA. There is money at stake and the players Union would file a class action suit. There is no college players Union.
As someone stated earlier where's the Title IX and women's rights activisits? You would have thought that would have had their voices heard over this. However 2022 in Woke America, so they might not see this as a battle worth fighting because of the negative image the far left will give them. The WNBA might feel the same way.

As someone stated earlier where's the Title IX and women's rights activisits? You would have thought that would have had their voices heard over this. However 2022 in Woke America, so they might not see this as a battle worth fighting because of the negative image the far left will give them. The WNBA might feel the same way.
People fear being cancelled…pretty sad but true.

Reactions: SHUMA04
There is no financial risk for swimming. You can’t lose money when there are literally zero viewers. The only people watching out going to meets are their families. WMBA doesn’t get Great ratings but still significant and to risk losing that revenue would be something they’d fight over.

There is no financial risk for swimming. You can’t lose money when there are literally zero viewers. The only people watching out going to meets are their families. WMBA doesn’t get Great ratings but still significant and to risk losing that revenue would be something they’d fight over.
also im pretty sure Ivy doesnt even offer athletic scholarships either.

It seems we cannot agree to simply be kind. Like the Bible says... always throw stones because you never know if it might it might be a preemptive attack.

Sigh.

No one brought up the Bible here.

Not sure what you were hoping to convey, other than a thinly veiled anti-Christian prejudice.

The topic of this thread is on trans athletes having an unfair advantage in sports. Lia Thomas competed at a high level for three years in college even earning all conf. honors as a male. Lia then "transitioned" to be a female and is beating biological females by 38 seconds in some races. This is not fair to the girl she beat out to make the team and it is unfair to the athletes Lia competes against. They enter almost every race competing for second place.
But what about the unfair advantage she has when it comes to the cards you were dealt?

But what about the unfair advantage she has when it comes to the cards you were dealt?
Not even sure what you mean? He has a clear advantage against women. Wearing women’s clothes and taking hormone suppressants doesn’t turn a man into a woman. It may make them more feminine in appearance but doesn’t change the biology or DNA. He is a 6’4” 200# man and should not be competing against women. Period.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
dude was all ivy, will get a degree at UPENN. the fact s/hes even in this position shows how much of a biological advantage they have over 99% of their peers.

Lia Thomas was dealt an amazing hand in my book.

dude was all ivy, will get a degree at UPENN. the fact s/hes even in this position shows how much of a biological advantage they have over 99% of their peers.

Lia Thomas was dealt an amazing hand in my book.
The fact that Will Thomas is allowed to compete with women because he likes to dress in women’s clothes is ridiculous. He is stealing another girl’s scholarship.

Disgusting and shameless is not sticking up for actual women.

It was born with a penis and still has a penis.
People are not its and simply being transgender does not make someone a freak.

I'm not a Catholic a Christian. I don't know if you are either. But I know many on this board are and am familiar enough with some of the avowed precepts to know that such literally dehumanizing sentiments do not track.

I will never understand why we as a society try to normalize this stuff. A man is a man and a woman is a woman, period.

Personally, I believe that gender dysphoria is a legitimate mental disorder. I don't think anyone would intentionally go through life facing the kind of unacceptance and ridicule that would come along with being trans.

If going through life being recognized as a gender which is not the sex they were born with makes them happy, that's great. Though, I also think we should all be able to recognize that a biological male competing in women's sports is a huge problem and it should not be allowed.

Being trans is not something I understand, so I'll be honest that I do have the natural reaction that it seems weird but at the same time I want people to feel comfortable in their own skin so I am perfectly fine with calling someone by their preferred pronoun.

Still, calling someone "it" seems a bit over the top.
I couldn't care less what you self-righteous think.

I'm not calling this human the stupid "they" pronoun so I settled on 'it." There are 2 genders and you are either one or the other. You can call yourself whatever you want but I don't have to and won't participate in this charade.

It takes the same amount of effort to use one pronoun or the other. The only difference is one is kind and one is not. It's okay to simply say that you don't understand their decision. You don't need to hate what you don't understand.

It takes the same amount of effort to use one pronoun or the other. The only difference is one is kind and one is not. It's okay to simply say that you don't understand their decision. You don't need to hate what you don't understand.
I don’t hate, I just don’t and won’t participate in someone’s lie. At birth you are either a he or a she. Call yourself something else and I’m not joining in. Very simple. Have at it if you want, just don’t include me.

This freak walks around a womens locker room with his dick out and you’re OK with it. I’m not, it’s sick and disgusting.

Not even sure what you mean? He has a clear advantage against women. Wearing women’s clothes and taking hormone suppressants doesn’t turn a man into a woman. It may make them more feminine in appearance but doesn’t change the biology or DNA. He is a 6’4” 200# man and should not be competing against women. Period.
Agree major advantage the whole thing is laughable save for what is happening to hard working women in sports

I couldn't care less what you self-righteous think.

I'm not calling this human the stupid "they" pronoun so I settled on 'it." There are 2 genders and you are either one or the other. You can call yourself whatever you want but I don't have to and won't participate in this charade.

Not self righteous as much as having compassion and empathy for something I don’t really understand.

you don’t have to participate, but going with “it” is still participating.

Not self righteous as much as having compassion and empathy for something I don’t really understand.

You don’t understand a male walking around a womens locker room with his junk out? You OK with that with your daughter (I think you have a daughter) ?

Using “it” is exactly not participating.

its more offensive to say "he" right? words dont mean anything anymore. nobody has time to conduct an algorithm to address people

You don’t understand a male walking around a womens locker room with his junk out? You OK with that with your daughter (I think you have a daughter) ?

Using “it” is exactly not participating.

Why do you assume trans people just want to walk around with their dicks hanging out?

It’s more like I think of what it would be like for one of my children to not feel comfortable with who they are. To constantly feel like something isn’t right, to struggle with believing they were born the wrong sex, to struggle with the anxiety and depression of worrying what people think of them if they try to address those thoughts, and then someone removing their humanity by calling them “it”.
There is a reason that suicide rates are high for trans people and it’s not because they just really want to walk around with their dicks out.

its more offensive to say "he" right? words dont mean anything anymore. nobody has time to conduct an algorithm to address people

Ask a trans person about that. I think that might be part of what is missing from some perspectives here.

I was surprised during the super bowl they dusted off Billy Jean King and she was touting title 9 and inclusion. Never mentioned trans. Not sure how that was supposed to play. If it’s in support of trans I’m woman’s sports wtf did king fight for title 9 for? I kind of think by excluding any mention of it they weren’t supporting them in sports. I have no problems with them participating, just against their biological gendered opponents. Here’s another option, if they choose to compete against women in individual sports they can but their race doesn’t count. Whoever is second, is by default the winner. Their times don’t count either for records.

I don't care about this or that but I'm still going to write mean spirited and dehumanizing things about others and project baseless motivations on them based on my own fear-based insecurities. But at least your anger feels righteous!

I don't care about this or that but I'm still going to write mean spirited and dehumanizing things about others and project baseless motivations on them based on my own fear-based insecurities. But at least your anger feels righteous!

Thomas should absolutely do whatever it takes for the pursuit of happiness. That doesnt include the right to ruin women's sports though.

We have to stop catering to the vocal minority in every facet of life and just apply common sense to these situations.

Thomas should absolutely do whatever it takes for the pursuit of happiness. That doesnt include the right to ruin women's sports though.

We have to stop catering to the vocal minority in every facet of life and just apply common sense to these situations.

Agree with that.
We have separate sports in the first place because of biological advantages that men have and that is where the line should stay.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
This freak walks around a womens locker room with his dick out

Assuming they hit it off the ladies tee, at least we won't have to worry about that out on the course... unless he hits it backwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: HALL85
Why do you assume trans people just want to walk around with their dicks hanging out?
Because that’s exactly what this monster does, don’t you read the articles during your time of understanding and empathy?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT