ADVERTISEMENT

Moving to Phase II

knowknow456

All American
Feb 11, 2013
Yesterday was Good Friday, and like a good Catholic, I ordered a pepperoni pizza. Just kidding, it was peppers and onions, but I remain convinced that pepperoni is not an actual meat. I went to pick it up - big mistake. It was crowded. Most people wore masks and we tried to stay 6 feet apart but each of us eyed the other as a potential Coronakiller.

The link below is to a website that has the most comprehensive plan for how to get back to normal that I have found so far.

https://www.aei.org/research-products/report/national-coronavirus-response-a-road-map-to-reopening/

Reactions: Merge
This is a big problem. The media has scared citizens to no end where now they look at others as potential threats.

There will be a lot of negative unintended consequences to come out of this. When history looks back on this time years from now, it will be considered one of the greatest power grabs and overreactions in US history.

Yesterday was Good Friday, and like a good Catholic, I ordered a pepperoni pizza. Just kidding, it was peppers and onions, but I remain convinced that pepperoni is not an actual meat. I went to pick it up - big mistake. It was crowded. Most people wore masks and we tried to stay 6 feet apart but each of us eyed the other as a potential Coronakiller.

The link below is to a website that has the most comprehensive plan for how to get back to normal that I have found so far.

https://www.aei.org/research-products/report/national-coronavirus-response-a-road-map-to-reopening/

Yep. That is what gets us back to normal, and helps us be more prepared to respond next time something like this happens.
It's going to take some time but the more seriously we take it now, the less impact it will have on us in the fall.

I'm saying the state order is absurd. I hope it is challenged in court.

What a coincidence, another state governed by a democrat who wants to exert his power and control the people.

What a coincidence, another state governed by a democrat who wants to exert his power and control the people.
Shu09 you know what is absurd this is real speak no bs about shu hoops or what side of the politcal spectrum anyone is on. NJ is deplorable with the unemployment system. Archaic through multiple administrations...it sickens me that murphy is gonna parade his face around the morning talk show seen across cable and network on easter sunday while his underlings have no competent clue as to how to respond and not react to people who have claims they cant certify or claims that cant be established.

Shu09 you know what is absurd this is real speak no bs about shu hoops or what side of the politcal spectrum anyone is on. NJ is deplorable with the unemployment system. Archaic through multiple administrations...it sickens me that murphy is gonna parade his face around the morning talk show seen across cable and network on easter sunday while his underlings have no competent clue as to how to respond and not react to people who have claims they cant certify or claims that cant be established.

You're right. We have a governor here in NJ with no plan. No plan for how and when to reopen, no plan for how to help the people HE ALONE put out of work. It's pathetic.

But you said yourself the other day that there would be instances where a shutdown would be warranted, right?

So pretend this outbreak is Ebola, and there is a stay at home order in place.
What do you do if people disobey the order?

But you said yourself the other day that there would be instances where a shutdown would be warranted, right?

you know what? I’m learning it’s not worth responding to some posters. They have no idea of the reality of this and live in their bubble of “I should be able to do what I want, The hell with the impact to other people, that’s their problem”

tired of trying

You sure love to twist people's words, don't you?

A shutdown is different from the government targeting people for going to religious services on Easter Sunday. It violates the first amendment.

you know what? I’m learning it’s not worth responding to some posters. They have no idea of the reality of this and live in their bubble of “I should be able to do what I want, The hell with the impact to other people, that’s their problem”

tired of trying

You need to open your mind. Sad. A wise man once said, "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

See my post above.

You sure love to twist people's words, don't you?

A shutdown is different from the government targeting people for going to religious services on Easter Sunday. It violates the first amendment.

you said you would support a lockdown with worse viruses. Were you talking about a voluntary lockdown, or a real lockdown?

you said you would support a lockdown with worse viruses. Were you talking about a voluntary lockdown, or a real lockdown?

That's a different discussion. Here we're talking about the governor of KY targeting folks who may go to church tomorrow by getting their license plates and forcing them into quarantine. Even scarier, what else will they choose to do with that data?

Reactions: afghan whigs
You're right. We have a governor here in NJ with no plan. No plan for how and when to reopen, no plan for how to help the people HE ALONE put out of work. It's pathetic.
He’s clueless. From what I understand he’s got 2 bills on his desk, one for business interruption insurance and the other for tax deadline. He’s doing nothing to help the people in his state collect some money, which would give the people hope and confidence. Instead he’s looking to collect. I hope everyone filed their taxes. State of NJ is still due Wednesday as of right now. It’s lockdown time but get me your tax money.

Tax deadline vote is expected to pass.

It must have killed him to make that decision though. He can't get his greedy hands on the citizens' money until July, so he has to settle for pulling the rug out from under them instead.

Destroy everyone's livelihood in order to save a few thousand people from dying of an illness. 19,000 people died from heart disease in New Jersey in 2018. 16,000 from cancer. Almost 5,000 from "unintentional injury." Where is the concern for these things?

Last edited:
Tax deadline vote is expected to pass.
It’s absurd they’re voting on April 13th. Every other state seemed to figure this out 3 weeks ago and go along with the president. Not our guy.

imagine if it didn’t pass. Ok tax preparers 2 days to do all your clients.

That's a different discussion. Here we're talking about the governor of KY targeting folks who may go to church tomorrow by getting their license plates and forcing them into quarantine. Even scarier, what else will they choose to do with that data?

It’s the exact same discussion. We (and the governor) just disagree on the magnitude of the problem.

would people be allowed to go to church under an Ebola or small pox outbreak and there was a lockdown order?

Destroy everyone's livelihood in order to save a few thousand people from dying of an illness.

it’s not to save a few thousand. It is to keep it at a few thousand and save many, many, many thousands.

would people be allowed to go to church under an Ebola or small pox outbreak and there was a lockdown order?

Speaking of mass. Does anyone have a good website to watch mass on? Is the university putting mass online?

Murphy just on with cnn, tapper inundated him with all questions surrounding covid, if there should have been more proactivity sooner etc, testing etc, not one question about workers in the state who now cant work due to climate and the failing NJ unemployment system...yeah i always say health is the best wealth and it is incredibly sad that we have such a volume of illness and death from covid but the state system at this present time to process and deploy unemployment benefits is a fail

Murphy just on with cnn, tapper inundated him with all questions surrounding covid, if there should have been more proactivity sooner etc, testing etc, not one question about workers in the state who now cant work due to climate and the failing NJ unemployment system...yeah i always say health is the best wealth and it is incredibly sad that we have such a volume of illness and death from covid but the state system at this present time to process and deploy unemployment benefits is a fail

Tapper's job is to cast blame, divide people and increase ratings. He is not a journalist, he is a figure head for a corporate propaganda network.

A real journalist would ask questions about where we are, how we get better and what they're doing to help people.

Reactions: HALL85
Tapper's job is to cast blame, divide people and increase ratings. He is not a journalist, he is a figure head for a corporate propaganda network.

A real journalist would ask questions about where we are, how we get better and what they're doing to help people.
ATT is the parent here

He has won 4 merriman smith memorial awards and a walter conkrite award, bit much to say he is not a jouralist

Reactions: silkcitypirate

Did you watch the interview?

He has won 4 merriman smith memorial awards and a walter conkrite award, bit much to say he is not a jouralist

He was better when he was at ABC. Now he is under the control of the CNN overlords.

that’s fine, I don’t watch cable news either, but I looked up the vid mentioned here and he did what you said a good journalist should be doing.

I'll have to check it out later.

The president did not help himself tonight with that unhinged "briefing."
He played to his base yesterday. He called out the media for ripping his first moves as racist and all the experts saying go out and enjoy yourself. People are tired of hearing he didn’t do enough early on and he got it wrong from people who would have continued to let people from China in the country for another month.

Unhinged? Yes but unhinged press conferences are not going to matter in the end. Where the country is come September and October is all that will matter no matter how many insane press conferences there are between now and then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT