ADVERTISEMENT

Moving to Phase II

Fauci has been wrong every step of the way, why do you not concede that?

Tony Fauci, MD is highly respected. Very false saying he has been wrong every step of the way.

Kudos to the people in the state park I was at today. People were practicing social distancing. Get used to it! The government will never let up on it!

Questions for the group: In your opinion, will we ever get back to "normal"? Or will there be a "new normal"? When will we get back to "normal"? Please explain your line of thinking if possible. Thanks everyone and have a great night!

Questions for the group: In your opinion, will we ever get back to "normal"? Or will there be a "new normal"? When will we get back to "normal"? Please explain your line of thinking if possible. Thanks everyone and have a great night!

I read an article that said there is a 20% chance of a vaccine by 2021 and only a 50% chance by 2023. I have talked about this outlook on other posts. I think there will be a new normal. We will be going in and out of lockdowns for the next 2 to 3 years. Then by then people will adapt to social distancing and wearing masks for the rest of their lives. Business and governments will probably require social distancing for many many years to come.

Then by then people will adapt to social distancing and wearing masks for the rest of their lives. Business and governments will probably require social distancing for many many years to come.

Depends where you live. Not going to happen in many parts of the Country.

Depends where you live. Not going to happen in many parts of the Country.

That's a good point. Happy that someone sees that social distancing and masks are here for the long haul. Definitely a lot of northeast states will enforce this for the rest of our lives.

That's a good point. Happy that someone sees that social distancing and masks are here for the long haul. Definitely a lot of northeast states will enforce this for the rest of our lives.
Doubtful. Are little kids going to line up on fall mornings playing football with a mask on under their helmet? Are kids going to be running the bases with mask on? Are people going to go on treadmills and ellipticals with masks on? Heck when schools come to play SHU will they have to wear masks? I just don’t see that as being permanent. Wearing masks may be suggested but not enforced.

Fauci has been wrong every step of the way, why do you not concede that?
You have the wrong guy. Trump has been wrong almost every step of the way. I try not to use the words never ,every or always especially when talking politics and Seton Hall recruiting !

1). Yes, we will get back to what life was like pre-COVID-19.

Why? Because the more data becomes available, the better COVID-19 will be categorized. Because of our nation's initial denial and subsequent lack of preparation, the cart has been dragging the horse as the worst-case scenarios in the most densely populated areas were hit first and spread like wild fire, so there was no way to quantify or segregate what kind of virus we were dealing with. We had to lockdown as a result. It would've been irresponsible not to with a new pathogen ripping around, IMO.

It's now becoming clear that all winter people were misdiagnosed (no test, no awareness of COVID until March) and had this, possibly millions of others had it and were either asymptomatic and/or just had a moderate flu-like situation. Right now those people are not included in the data, but will be soon with the antibody testing. Once there's a better grasp on that, the shock-and-awe of it will be different. That is not to minimize it's potency on certain groups. But in the future it can be diagnosed.

2). On timeline, I have no idea, it's all about treatment. If you take #1 and then pair it with a treatment, you have a totally different situation than what we've known for the past two months. That will change public confidence, protocols, and what is considered "normal" moving forward.

Unless we pass laws that people have to dress like surgeons to go into public places, it's all about confidence level. If people are confident in the science as points #1 and #2 are still coming into focus, it'll happen quickly. If they're paranoid, they'll be fearful for a long time, maybe forever, who knows. But my guess is most will be willing to shed the mask when #1 and #2 are clearer within the next 6 months.

You have the wrong guy. Trump has been wrong almost every step of the way. I try not to use the words never ,every or always especially when talking politics and Seton Hall recruiting !

Don't disagree on Trump byt Fauci is as big a probelm as Trump. Trump relied on him early on remenebr ths on Fauci:

Jan. 26: "The American people should not be worried or frightened by this. It's a very, very low risk to the United States," Fauci says on The CATS Roundtable. "It isn't something that the American public needs to worry about or be frightened about."

Feb. 17: Fauci announces that the risk of coronavirus infection in the U.S. is "miniscule," according to USA Today. Fauci, one of the top experts in the field and a senior White House coronavirus adviser, also told the paper that people shouldn't wear masks unless they are contagious.

Mar. 9: Also on this day, Fauci remarks that going to campaign rallies may not be a bad idea: "You know, I can’t comment on campaign rallies. It really depends. We are having as we all said — this is something in motion. This is an evolving thing. So I’m not sure what we’re going to be able to say at the time we’re going to have a campaign rally. If you’re talking about a campaign rally tomorrow, in a place where there is no community spread, I think the judgment to have it might be a good judgment. [But] if you want to talk about large gatherings in a place you have community spread, I think that’s a judgment call, and if someone decides they want to cancel it, I wouldn’t publicly criticize them."

Fauci also led the charge to fund scientists at the Wuhan Institute of Virology for work on gain-of-function research on bat coronaviruses to the tune of $7.4 million.

https://www.newsweek.com/dr-fauci-b...us-dollars-risky-coronavirus-research-1500741

To add to buffoons Trump and Fauci, we also have clueless and reckless governors Cuomo and Murphy who forced nursing homes to take coronavirus patients which utterly destroyed those facilities.

Where we really failed was to consciously destroy our economy and not protect the most vulnerable sector of our population. Could have probably cut deaths in half if we had done this.

The response to this illness will go down in American history as one of the biggest, unnecessary and misdirected overreactions ever.

The only thing we should have done was lock down nursing homes.

We will see. I can't wait to see how Murphy uses the 2020 lockdown for his reelection campaign.

We will see. I can't wait to see how Murphy uses the 2020 lockdown for his reelection campaign.

Never before have I been more excited to vote a politician out of office. I hope the NJ Republicans put up a good candidate next year, which unfortunately is a stretch. Otherwise we have to hope for a valid third party candidate who can gain traction.

I also think people will also be generally be
afraid of leaving their houses when this is all over.

I also think people will also be generally be
afraid of leaving their houses when this is all over.

Why would people be afraid of something that kills less than 1% of people who catch it? Make no mistake, that will be the death rate when people realize how widespread it is, how long it has been here and how many asymptomatic and mild to moderate cases there are/were.

Absolutely and absolutely.
Really? The Osprey in Manasquan, Parker House in Sea Girt, and The Columns in Avon all have announced their closures for the whole summer. Hoping Bar A and Djais can open!

Really? The Osprey in Manasquan, Parker House in Sea Girt, and The Columns in Avon all have announced their closures for the whole summer. Hoping Bar A and Djais can open!

Have only seen that relative to The Osprey, will be their loss, and then they'll come looking for a bailout.

Reactions: shu09
I heard through the grapevine Parker House and the Columns are closing too. Bar Anticipation is open year round. But we all have to realize this will be up to the state and local governments. Unfortunately I don't think we will see glory days on the Jersey shore this summer.

1). Yes, we will get back to what life was like pre-COVID-19.

Why? Because the more data becomes available, the better COVID-19 will be categorized. Because of our nation's initial denial and subsequent lack of preparation, the cart has been dragging the horse as the worst-case scenarios in the most densely populated areas were hit first and spread like wild fire, so there was no way to quantify or segregate what kind of virus we were dealing with. We had to lockdown as a result. It would've been irresponsible not to with a new pathogen ripping around, IMO.

It's now becoming clear that all winter people were misdiagnosed (no test, no awareness of COVID until March) and had this, possibly millions of others had it and were either asymptomatic and/or just had a moderate flu-like situation. Right now those people are not included in the data, but will be soon with the antibody testing. Once there's a better grasp on that, the shock-and-awe of it will be different. That is not to minimize it's potency on certain groups. But in the future it can be diagnosed.

2). On timeline, I have no idea, it's all about treatment. If you take #1 and then pair it with a treatment, you have a totally different situation than what we've known for the past two months. That will change public confidence, protocols, and what is considered "normal" moving forward.

Unless we pass laws that people have to dress like surgeons to go into public places, it's all about confidence level. If people are confident in the science as points #1 and #2 are still coming into focus, it'll happen quickly. If they're paranoid, they'll be fearful for a long time, maybe forever, who knows. But my guess is most will be willing to shed the mask when #1 and #2 are clearer within the next 6 months.
On the money, as usual.

From RWJ/BH Newark Beth Israel:

May 4, 2020 – DAY 51 of the NBIMC response

NJ Situation:There are 126,744 positive COVID-19 cases in New Jersey.

COVID-19 at NBI: We have successfully discharged 473 COVID-19 positive patients, and 544 employees have returned to work

Supplies: Over the weekend, we distributed an estimated 3,000 Surgical Gowns; 3,000 Surgical Masks; 1,000 N95 Masks; and 41 pieces of eye protection

On behalf of the entire Command Center team, we would like to thank everyone for your amazing response to this crisis. We now have less than 100 COVID-19 positive patients in house and we are on the downward side of this curve. After 51 days of working 24 hours, 7 days a week to manage the response effort, the Command Center will be shutting down today at 5 p.m.

Updates:
The following areas are no longer treating COVID-19 patients and are ready to resume normal operations: Same Day Surgery, PACU, B4, C4, the pediatric emergency department and the geriatric emergency unit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT