ADVERTISEMENT

My take on Angel staying in the draft

JTSHU

All American
Feb 9, 2015
He wasn't invited to the combine. I don't even see him on top 100 draft lists. Let's be honest about his game. He's a bull down low....in college. Not great footwork, didn't dominate and struggled at times. Learned to pass out of the double team. Started developing that 10 ft jumper. FT shooting won't get him anywhere.

With all of that said. If i'm an agent I'm saying to Angel, " Listen, you will never play in the NBA, ever. However u can make a decent living playing overseas or even in the DR. If you stay at SHU you have the chance of snapping an ankle, damaging a knee or ligament and you won't have the chance to play anywhere if you are damaged goods. Your ceiling is 100k to play basketball the rest of your life. 1 more year at SHU won't improve your NBA draft status and any skills you develop in your 4th year can be developed in the offseason or 1 year overseas.

I think this is a risk vs reward decision. Theres players better than him coming back for their senior year. It's not like he's borderline 2nd round/1st round and he should wait a year to make it to the 1st round. I think this is salvage a 100k overseas somewhere because that's your ceiling and you are worth no more than that.

I'm thinking that maybe his agent has gotten a secret commitment from an NBA team that they will draft him .only thing that explains this about face

Reactions: Bluebeard
I'm thinking that maybe his agent has gotten a secret commitment from an NBA team that they will draft him .only thing that explains this about face

Let's hope for Angel's sake that this agent has something tangible.

Can't see him as a forward in the NBA , too many really athletic forwards that can shoot , sky for rebounds and play better defense and are very good in running the court.No way can Delgado play center with taller players who have better movement ,can shoot .

Watching Seton Hall and Delgado play most of their televised games , Delgado's offense consisted of getting points from assists from his teammates , scoring on offensive rebounds ,and scoring with back to basket ( would have trouble against athletic NBA centers ).

Also don't see him getting into 2nd round of NBA . Agree with most that he might be headed overseas for 125,000 salary. And Delgado would be happy in the European leagues making hundred thousand or more salary for several years .Probably the best he could do and we should be happy for him

Forgot to add , that an agent or somebody, a scout perhaps from some NBA team would make a commitment to draft Delgado in the round 2 sounds fishy .An NBA scout couldn't make that decision without the front office.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT