ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Powell is suing Seton Hall.

Never rush to judgement on cases like this until all the facts are adjudicated and a decision reached. One issue that I think we can all agree on is that Kevin cares about his players and is very cautious when it comes to when a player can return to play after suffering an injury.

My main takeaway:

Myles essentially ended his legacy/relationship with Seton Hall with this, to an extent, if you know what I mean. Hard to imagine he’ll continue endorsing the program and the school if he’s literally suing them.

Hard to imagine they’ll retire his jersey, and give him this grandiose ceremony after this, too, based on what it sounds like.

That makes me think this is serious, holds weight, and has been brewing for some time. Myles always seemed like he was a very smart, well spoken, and thoughtful kid. Have to think he thought king and hard about every consequence to doing something of this magnitude.

Very interested to see Willard’s response to this. He needs to be asked directly what happened. Him and Myles have had a very clear and transparently good relationship.

If true Myles is looking for a payout that hes not going to get because he is too small to play in the NBA. Sorry but Willard is the most conservative coach with players and injuries. And Tony Testa does his job really really well and is very conservative with the kids as well. I am hoping this article is BS and this is not the case. Does not sound like something Myles would do on his own. I know for a fact that Willard did all he could to help Myles go pro and get him ready. Sad if true and will certainly hurt recruiting and Myles rep with his beloved SHU fans.

This is tough to swallow. MP has been a great player and ambassador of Seton Hall Basketball and is part of the mount Rushmore of SHU basketball and this is a really unfortunate outcome... We have used MP and MP's relationship with Willard and the coaching staff as a recruiting tool and it ended with a lawsuit and a sour taste in your mouth. Really disappointing outcome and this is coming from a 76ers fan.

We all know Powell wasn't a lottery pick. He likely wasn't even going to be a first round pick even with a ridiculous senior year. The reference to lottery pick is legal strategy and also total BS.

For those killing Powell, all I'd say is less see how this plays out. Again, this is a kid we all thought was our golden boy. Of the highest character. We don't know if what he alleges is true. But this isn't a kid that had all kinds of red flags and who anyone here 45 minutes ago would think is prone to do something like this. If you told me Tiny Morton brought some lawsuit against Seton Hall for whatever, I would automatically regard it is BS trash. But this is Myles Freaking Powell! I'm throttled and because this involves my world (law) I cannot stop posting.

Reactions: Pirate 81
We all know Powell wasn't a lottery pick. He likely wasn't even going to be a first round pick even with a ridiculous senior year. The reference to lottery pick is legal strategy and also total BS.

For those killing Powell, all I'd say is less see how this plays out. Again, this is a kid we all thought was our golden boy. Of the highest character. We don't know if what he alleges is true. But this isn't a kid that had all kinds of red flags and who anyone here 45 minutes ago would think is prone to do something like this. If you told me Tiny Morton brought some lawsuit against Seton Hall for whatever, I would automatically regard it is BS trash. But this is Myles Freaking Powell! I'm throttled and because this involves my world (law) I cannot stop posting.
Tiny seems like a guy who knows loyalty

Reactions: shupat08
Frivolous lawsuit and nothing more. Smear the people that loved you the most in difficult times. I have no issue with where I am at with this. Myles has lost his mind.
Appreciate the insight. You know more of the backstory it seems than I do.

Myles letting down some of his biggest fans with this trash 🗑

Just doesn't add up how this kid played well in the G league and passed physicals to be a part of an NBA team and is now complaining about an injury from over a year ago? Terrible by Myles

Now Willard Testa and program suffer because Myles is too small and lacking of PG skills to be in the NBA

He wouldn’t be the first human to make a bad decision and tarnish a legacy.

This filing is a joke.

Pretty disgraceful on Powell's part. He was never going to make it in the NBA.

So much for loving Willard like a father.... Nothing but BS from Myles over the years as it turns out.

Seton Hall....never a dull moment.
It is people in his ear

This has potential to be the ugliest scenario in program history in the last like decade.

All things considering, this is legitimately a nightmare.

Reactions: SHUMA04
This has potential to be the ugliest scenario in program history in the last like decade.

All things considering, this is legitimately a nightmare.
If this thing lingers, I think it is going to get media coverage. Certainly locally. If not beyond that. Perhaps not nearly as much as other programs would, which I guess in this case it benefits that we are Seton Hall.

All these 22/23 recruiting tweets, whenever kids get offers, who by far is the picture the recruits tweet out in a Seton Hall uniform? Myles Powell.

Reactions: HallBoy32
Yet it's his name on the complaint. He's a grown man and can take responsibility for his actions.
YUP. There is no backtracking here for Powell. A lawyer doesn't do this without his blessing. And he had to know the sh**storm this would create. So either this is a BS money grab and I completely overestimated Myles Powell's character after reading everyone gushing about him all these years, or he truly believes significant medical information was withheld from him and he's pissed off about it to the point where he now destroyed any future connection to our program, school and coach.

Are we sure this is an actual attorney? This reads like a school project
It is a real firm. I don't know the firm or the lead counsel. But I just looked up his CV and he appears to have some credibility. I deal with some of the most prominent plaintiff-side firms in the country, and you'd be surprised at some of the BS allegations, typos, or things of that sort in complaints. It can always be amended if necessary.

Reactions: PirateFan95
IMO the concussion effected his play more than the ankle/knee.
The question is whether or not MP was given the correct diagnosis or if it was kept from him (which I can't fathom as it would have shown up on MRI). But if the torn meniscus diagnosis was kept from him then it would be malpractice on the doctors part.
I wonder if his knee became exacerbated in the G league and his future earnings were effected by it.Hence the lawsuit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT