Aug 23, 2001
The BE schedule in general is no picnic, but next five are tough:

@Creighton
Xavier at the Rock
@DePaul (they are improving)
Providence at the Rock
@Nova

We could easily lose 3 of those.
I'd be ecstatic with 4 W's and happy with 3.

DePaul always gives us fits and they are long, that game will be tough.

Have to win both home games then at DePaul

This Creighton game will be so tough with the Blue Jays coming off their pounding at Xavier. Winning there would be impressive to say the least.

Reactions: mbraue
This Creighton game will be so tough with the Blue Jays coming off their pounding at Xavier. Winning there would be impressive to say the least.

If we win on Wednesday night it will be our most impressive of the season and confirm my belief that this team can do huge things in two months.

Reactions: Piratz and mbraue
they will be hungry after us beating em 1st and the loss today, Doug McD is good too, its almost like MU all over again, good team on the road hostile crowd

We must hold serve at home. It would be outstanding to win all our home games.

This is an opportunity to make a major statement. I have posted that this group can unseat Nova. I still believe that despite the haphazard way we've played in these 5 games.

You do that with a run right here, right now.

I’m hoping the team doesn’t care who they play, they just focus on what I’ve been saying all year and PJ relayed to them the other day, you win games in March now by just focusing on getting better everyday whether it be a game or practice.

At the end of next week we would all love to be 6-1 but it’s not a good 6-1 if we are not getting better. Fortunately, we put ourselves in a situation where these next 2 aren’t must wins, but this a time for must improvement.

Reactions: SHUMA04 and Piratz
I’m hoping the team doesn’t care who they play, they just focus on what I’ve been saying all year and PJ relayed to them the other day, you win games in March now by just focusing on getting better everyday whether it be a game or practice.

At the end of next week we would all love to be 6-1 but it’s not a good 6-1 if we are not getting better. Fortunately, we put ourselves in a situation where these next 2 aren’t must wins, but this a time for must improvement.

These players need to be ridden. They need strong coaching. Doesn't matter if they're Seniors or not. I'm not saying Willard isn't doing that because I do think Willard has done a good job, I'm just stating a fact with this group after following it for 4 years. Usually the message is only received after a letdown loss and that's what has to change if you want to be a team that advances in the NCAA Tournament versus one that just gets there.

PJ knew exactly what he was talking about with this team, especially referencing what happened in Denver and Greenville during the past two NCAA's where the play was so messy and the spot looked too large for us. We had so many top players putting in season-worst performances in those two games; not a coincidence.

Just play well and play 40 minutes. If that happens we can't lose to Providence at home or to Depaul anywhere. We are capable of winning any game on any floor. And yes, that is what PJ was saying - you can't get to March and turn it on. You have to treat every practice, every game like a tournament game.

Beat Prov and DePaul. Those are must wins. Take 1 of 2 from CU & X.

End January with a record of 18-4 (7-2).

Head into Nova as a top 15 team.

A win in Omaha would validate the belief that we can win a regular season BE title. Play inside out and tough basketball for 40 minutes. Especially during the first 5-7 minutes of the game to avoid an early hole to dig out of. Creighton did get smacked around recently but so did we in Milwaukee. Our guys need to stay hungry.

The next 5 games will tell a big part of the story.. are we that good or the potential is that good.

Every game is going to be very good, but you hope we’ve got a lot of momentum going into that game @ Nova on Super Bowl Sunday. How fun is that game going to be?

The next 5 games will tell a big part of the story.. are we that good or the potential is that good.

True, we can go 2-3, drop a few close ones and it will not change my opinion one bit. In March on a neutral floor, I'm not scared of any team from what I've seen to this point.

Every game is going to be very good, but you hope we’ve got a lot of momentum going into that game @ Nova on Super Bowl Sunday. How fun is that game going to be?
That game is going to be a lot of fun especially if we keep winning, but I get the sense it should be viewed the way PJ views playing Syracuse in 89

Xaiver was in total control the entire game v. Creighton. It is shaping up as quite a game, but you can easily see what happened at MU again happening at CU.

If we play the next 5 the way we played the first 5, we'll go 2-3 at best.

We are better than that but we'll see.

Reactions: shu09
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT