ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Week 2

Go back and watch some games pre-COVID and how the camera pans the fans and other stuff that gives you a feel for the game. 95% of the camera time is focused on the batter/pitcher with the occasional manager shot with a mask. We are used to more breaks in the action and bringing the crowd into the game. Football...no Lambeau leap, no Jet guy with the construction helmut, no hot chicks with an Eli jersey. No fans banging the wall on the field.
given the chance i take fans every time, and of course you can notice it... i guess that difference is magnified for sports that were already boring to watch. NHL/NBA dont have time to putz around and look at the fans., theres actual action.

if fans being gone makes the experience that much worse than is the game really that awesome to begin with? the people tuning in to baseball like baseball. the people tuning into other sports like action, entertainment, thrill, intensity, in addition to the sport. you stopped watching baseball because you cant see the fans? even though you still get to see baseball? modern baseball in a nutshull

given the chance i take fans every time, and of course you can notice it... i guess that difference is magnified for sports that were already boring to watch. NHL/NBA dont have time to putz around and look at the fans., theres actual action.

if fans being gone makes the experience that much worse than is the game really that awesome to begin with? the people tuning in to baseball like baseball. the people tuning into other sports like action, entertainment, thrill, intensity, in addition to the sport. you stopped watching baseball because you cant see the fans? even though you still get to see baseball? modern baseball in a nutshull
At least for football, ratings are down so the fact is fewer people are watching. Haven’t seen how MLB compares. NHL and NBA will be harder to compare because they are playing a different season time.

So your point is what exactly? That me using one quote by an historical figure in which he mentions at the very end that persons and property would be unsafe makes me an enforcer of vigilante acts and anarchy?

"historical figure" is irrelevant.
"at the very end" is irrelevant.
"vigilante acts" have not been part of this discussion.

Try to stay focused.

I would not use the word "enforcer". Unless you clarify the post I cited, that combined with your track record causes me to interpret it as you providing a rationale for property destruction.

That was my point.

You’re confusing freedom of speech and expression with Taking actions which may impact you or your employers compensation and livelihood.

That minimum wage worker in Pocatello that might work at a McDonald’s has to wear a uniform to work. They can’t wear a T-shirt expressing their beliefs. If wearing that T-shirt impacts the business at that McDonald’s, the owner has a right to prohibit that. If they want to march in a protest or give back to the community, that’s what makes this country great.

No different with sports. If you choose to take a position on the court that could impact your income or the owners income, you need to be prepared for the consequences of doing it. It’s really not a hard issue to understand.

Why would I care about an athlete or anyone venturing into politics? There are some great examples of politicians that started their career in sports. Bill Bradley, Jack Kemp, Etc.

Virtue signaling is a real thing. You may not like the term, but social media has created the phenomenon for when someone wants to give the impression that they are committed to a cause by wearing a T-shirt or posting a meme and they do nothing else. It’s just plain lazy.
I had a 5 paragraph response typed here. I erased it all. I don't feel you would have given it the proper digestion. You would then just continue to slight me and have your cohorts like etc etc.
I want to know this though if NFL is so bad why is FOX and other platforms approaching 2B per season on next domestic rights deal?

I had a 5 paragraph response typed here. I erased it all. I don't feel you would have given it the proper digestion. You would then just continue to slight me and have your cohorts like etc etc.
I want to know this though if NFL is so bad why is FOX and other platforms approaching 2B per season on next domestic rights deal?
And you didn’t....so predictable.

“To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing and be nothing. And that's not the way I live my life."

So much for that.

Reactions: HALL85
I think of the months that we had no sports at all to watch due to covid19. Well I'm glad that MLB and the NFL are back even tho my teams Jets/Mets are both terrible. I enjoy watching baseball and Football and don't really care what the TV ratings are nor the political views of the players, just as long as I have games to watch..

Tom K

Reactions: SHUSA
https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nfl-tv-ratings-viewership-2020-2019/

Mahones doing the heavy lifting for another soft ratings week.
“THE NFL ON CBS” VIEWERSHIP UP +8% WITH 16.574 MILLION VIEWERS FOR WEEK 3 SINGLEHEADER

Week 3 Coverage is Network’s Most-Watched Singleheader in September Since 2018

CBS Sports’ Week 3 singleheader coverage of the 2020 NFL season on Sunday, Sept. 27 is up +8% in viewership averaging 16.574 million viewers versus its comparable singleheader week last year (15.332 million on 9/15/19).

Sunday’s viewership is THE NFL ON CBS’ most-watched singleheader in September since 2018 (17.133 million viewers on 9/9/18).

CBS All Access, featuring live streaming coverage of all NFL ON CBS games, delivered another strong day of viewership on Sunday for Week 3 with double-digit year-over-year growth in unique devices, streams and watch time (compared to Week 3 in 2019).

WAY down, with tons of excuses.
Wow you are stubborn. Typically NBA Finals plays post Memorial Day on Network TV when all the Networks are in re runs, now its competing with new seasons on other networks and in case of Sunday clashing with the most viewed primetime show on network TV the last 10 years plus

Wow you are stubborn. Typically NBA Finals plays post Memorial Day on Network TV when all the Networks are in re runs, now its competing with new seasons on other networks and in case of Sunday clashing with the most viewed primetime show on network TV the last 10 years plus
Or maybe people are turned off by the virtue signaling, the visual of playing in a gym with no fans, or have less interest in a stub season that will have dozens of asterisks attached.

Or maybe people are turned off by the virtue signaling, the visual of playing in a gym with no fans, or have less interest in a stub season that will have dozens of asterisks attached.
You keep harping on virtue signaling in nearly every post in regards to sports and minorities...trust me there are pro athletes that are doing more than saying look at me i am wearing a shirt with a positive thought

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
You keep harping on virtue signaling in nearly every post in regards to sports and minorities...trust me there are pro athletes that are doing more than saying look at me i am wearing a shirt with a positive thought
Where did I bring up minorities? Why do you have a racist tone in every post?

For hall85:

Cheers
#cherrypickerrrrrr

#cherrypickerrrrrr
It will be interesting to see numbers after this weekend...cbs got hosed on their regional dh, fox has a single header and all blah games, espn should do well monday with both games and cbs has a good national window tues, i know you like to preach its been down, but last 4 or 5 years has been a little bit of rollercoaster and its still most watched item consumed with exception of 3 to 4 one off events in a year

It will be interesting to see numbers after this weekend...cbs got hosed on their regional dh, fox has a single header and all blah games, espn should do well monday with both games and cbs has a good national window tues, i know you like to preach its been down, but last 4 or 5 years has been a little bit of rollercoaster and its still most watched item consumed with exception of 3 to 4 one off events in a year
Who’s preaching? Ratings are down significantly overall. That’s a fact. The question is “What is driving it?” Can only be a few things.

Who’s preaching? Ratings are down significantly overall. That’s a fact. The question is “What is driving it?” Can only be a few things.
Hall85 any domestic sitcom, reality show etc across big 4 would take nfl viewership at any point

these PR posts from the networks are so laughable. like fox is the reason the game got ratings. each network gets lucky if they have a good matchup, only game on, no other sports etc. fox didnt make the dallas/seahawks game become a shootout. nbc didnt make the eagles/sf game go down to the end.

the PR posts REEK of insecurity and desperation. its tangible how pathetic it is.

Reactions: shu09 and HALL85
On Sunday? What sitcom or reality TV show? 90 Day Fiancé???
I think is 19-20 tv season ncis was highest rated primetime show not NFL, in general any other show production would love to say oh gosh we are down a tad but damn look how many are watching still

these PR posts from the networks are so laughable. like fox is the reason the game got ratings. each network gets lucky if they have a good matchup, only game on, no other sports etc. fox didnt make the dallas/seahawks game become a shootout. nbc didnt make the eagles/sf game go down to the end.

the PR posts REEK of insecurity and desperation. its tangible how pathetic it is.
You do realize that is what PR is for right? At cable, network any consumption source, netflix, hulu etc, they will be boasting about how well recieved something was...so good to know as economy is down that you want to belittle PR workforce

Last edited:
I think is 19-20 tv season ncis was highest rated primetime show not NFL, in general any other show production would love to say oh gosh we are down a tad but damn look how many are watching still
Excuses, excuses....ratings are down significantly. That’s all that matters.

Kentucky Derby avg is about 14 to 15 mil nbc coverage, this year is was down a good chunk, please tell me which horses had the audacity to wear BLM and we are united shirts before the race and other virue signaling in the barn

There is always gonna be variance, i am sure historically in a pres election cycle NFL has been affected...its like poker I can have AA or KK against any random holding and I will not win at show down every time...if it becomes a 20 percent decline i will buy into hall85 logic pov

Kentucky Derby avg is about 14 to 15 mil nbc coverage, this year is was down a good chunk, please tell me which horses had the audacity to wear BLM and we are united shirts before the race and other virue signaling in the barn
Are you drinking?

You do realize that is what PR is for right? At cable, network any consumption source, netflix, hulu etc, their will be boasting about how well recieved something was...so good to know as economy is down that you want to belittle PR workforce
nah PRa goal isnt to look insecure or desperate. these posts look like theyre written by a 5 yr old. there is so much explaining and justification

Hall85 give me your best russo or francesa...
Sunday night ratings for...
Nba game 6
Alcs game 1
Snf

All start within 50 min of each other

Hall85 give me your best russo or francesa...
Sunday night ratings for...
Nba game 6
Alcs game 1
Snf

All start within 50 min of each other
What part of the word “cherry-picking” don’t you get?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT