ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Week 2

What part of the word “cherry-picking” don’t you get?
I go apple picking actually...nfl gets like this i will buy into your stocks

You use terrible labeling, the S word had varied meanings as does cherry picker and I dont wish to be associated with that phrase on here

I go apple picking actually...nfl gets like this i will buy into your stocks

You use terrible labeling, the S word had varied meanings as does cherry picker and I dont wish to be associated with that phrase on here
Lol...you don’t like the facts, so deflect and don’t like my words...weak sauce

Nba and NFL sun primetime did a 5.5 combined free to air, rest of the free to air did about a 1 total, if you add in tbs primetime sports did a 7.0 sunday night

Nba and NFL sun primetime did a 5.5 combined free to air, rest of the free to air did about a 1 total, if you add in tbs primetime sports did a 7.0 sunday night
17 million viewers combined for sun nite nba and nfl, not sure of turner alcs number yet

Upwards of 25 million viewed snf, nba game 6 and alcs game 1, another 22 million viewed cbs 425 window...any other produced item on networks tv would crave to match, fox had a regionalized singleheader weekend....here is what i want to see masters are nfl week 10, fox has a stack of early and late and cbs is late regionalized sh at 405, what will masters viewership be that weekend (presume) who is in contention matters

Upwards of 25 million viewed snf, nba game 6 and alcs game 1, another 22 million viewed cbs 425 window...any other produced item on networks tv would crave to match, fox had a regionalized singleheader weekend....here is what i want to see masters are nfl week 10, fox has a stack of early and late and cbs is late regionalized sh at 405, what will masters viewership be that weekend (presume) who is in contention matters
Back to cherry picking I see. The fact remains overall ratings are down significantly for each of the first five weeks.

Back to cherry picking I see. The fact remains overall ratings are down significantly for each of the first five weeks.
Your term significantly is misused, say someone did sales at 10mil a year and 1 year sales was 9mil, are they down significantly?

If a 20 to 25 percent viewership decrease happens I will fall in line with you. Again i have addressed earlier, a presidential election campaign season surely creates a variable and has done so for many cycles....

This week: cbs has strong regionalized singleheader matchups, fox has 425 window bay vs bay, i expect good finding next week

Your term significantly is misused, say someone did sales at 10mil a year and 1 year sales was 9mil, are they down significantly?

If a 20 to 25 percent viewership decrease happens I will fall in line with you. Again i have addressed earlier, a presidential election campaign season surely creates a variable and has done so for many cycles....

This week: cbs has strong regionalized singleheader matchups, fox has 425 window bay vs bay, i expect good finding next week

A 10% decline in sales? Yeah, that would typically be a significant decline.

It's not wrong to say sports viewership is down. It is.
It is wrong to correlate it anything at this point. Could be many, many reasons. This has been a really chaotic year.

First of all, if you don't think a 10% decline is significant, you must not be in any kind of management position. Plus if you look at the blended decline, it's more like 15%+.

First of all, if you don't think a 10% decline is significant, you must not be in any kind of management position. Plus if you look at the blended decline, it's more like 15%+.
if he can spin that a 10% decline isnt significant he very well might be in a management position.

You are what is wrong with our society in this day and age, P & L, bottom line, the end, you must hang out with ROI Roger a lot

League isnt given back 10 percent of rights fees to domestic holders

In the prism of these numbers any free to air program produced across network TV would be ecstatic if a 10 percent viewership decline still amassed these figures

Come see me when CBS can't sell out ad space for the super bowl because brands feel the league is too woke and political

I will tell you what is significant, companies that furloughed workforce and then allowed them to come back on condition of 15 to 25 wage reductions, when overpaid senior management and ceo put out nonsensical pr spin that they too have taken a salary reduction but the thing is their salaries are so well compensated that its a blip that doesn't register vs someone who was at a 40 an hour role now making 30 an hour or someone at a 30 an hour role now making 25 an hour. Ceos should pay the difference when possible out of their own pocket.

Steve cohen plans to pay per diem workers across 3 different unions that represent citi field 2500 for the off season, 500 a month.

Adam Silver just did a very nice thing but I am sure many here will say its no good cause of money coming from China.

Every full time staff employee of NbA is gettibg a 1k bonus, 4 fridays off starting end of oct and all of thanksgiving week off

Last edited:
You are what is wrong with our society in this day and age, P & L, bottom line, the end, you must hang out with ROI Roger a lot

League isnt given back 10 percent of rights fees to domestic holders

In the prism of these numbers any free to air program produced across network TV would be ecstatic if a 10 percent viewership decline still amassed these figures

Come see me when CBS can't sell out ad space for the super bowl because brands feel the league is too woke and political

I will tell you what is significant, companies that furloughed workforce and then allowed them to come back on condition of 15 to 25 wage reductions, when overpaid senior management and ceo put out nonsensical pr spin that they too have taken a salary reduction but the thing is their salaries are so well compensated that its a blip that doesn't register vs someone who was at a 40 an hour role now making 30 an hour or someone at a 30 an hour role now making 25 an hour. Ceos should pay the difference when possible out of their own pocket.

Steve cohen plans to pay per diem workers across 3 different unions that represent citi field 2500 for the off season, 500 a month.

Adam Silver just did a very nice thing but I am sure many here will say its no good cause of money coming from China.

Every full time staff employee of NbA is gettibg a 1k bonus, 4 fridays off starting end of oct and all of thanksgiving week off
Not sure what that unhinged rant has to do with what I posted. I never made any predictions about what the result of the significant rating decline would be. I was just sharing the information and sharing facts. So I am "what's wrong with society for doing that???" You have officially gone off the rails.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Haven’t I been telling you ratings are down significantly? Seems like this supports my view.
Cbs tues football did nearly 11m viewership, rest of free to air in range that football game was on combined did almost 10.5m

Haven’t I been telling you ratings are down significantly? Seems like this supports my view.
This in hollywood reporter 13 months ago

Lastly, SNF and NLCS game 7 combined for 21 million viewers in which the LA had teams in both events, so that really hampered SNF peak chance at a bigger number

I see my message board nemesis ;) didn't update last nights TNF which had a terrible matchup and went up against the final pres debate...football game got 10 million viewers

I see my message board nemesis ;) didn't update last nights TNF which had a terrible matchup and went up against the final pres debate...football game got 10 million viewers

NFL ratings are down big. We know you get a hard on for any anomalies, but overall America is not watching at the level they had in the past. Spin that.

NFL ratings are down big. We know you get a hard on for any anomalies, but overall America is not watching at the level they had in the past. Spin that.
If i was MLB i would worry, NFL not worried. We have people here who cant even qualify what a big rating, viewership is or what the decline is really. We have people that think this is equivelent to profit margin loss/gain in sales business. Spin the fact that the networks are backing up the brinks trucks for the next nfl domestic linear tv deal. Spin the fact that cbs super bowl ad inventory will be full and healthy. Spin the fact that as younger demos continue to consume digitally and OTT, the old guard will say pro sports stayed woke and went broke.
Trust me over the air/free to air 20 plus episodic programs would kill to have the NFL's decrease in overall viewership.
A good lab test will be what happens with consumption starting the week after election tues through end of regular season.
CBS and FOX have produced good doubleheader marks. MNF is up, TNF tends to be the lesser sex appeal package. I expect SNF to thrive in the coming weeks.

I guess all the new ways to stream and watch only impact basketball numbers and not football.

I guess all the new ways to stream and watch only impact basketball numbers and not football.
its affecting everything including the world series which is directly above your post.

dont be fooled by the tv networks absolute spin zone of obscure niche stats

its affecting everything including the world series which is directly above your post.

dont be fooled by the tv networks absolute spin zone of obscure niche stats

There is nothing obscure or niche about it its industry metrics of measurement

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT